Can a Jon Snow + Daenerys romance work in the final book? Part 2

MoIaF

We don't know that they'll never meet again.

I like their interaction and it has promise, and there sure are elements that suggest it for a future: but there's a serious time issue, as the 5 year jump won't happen, and thus Arya still too young. I might be wrong, but I seem to recall being pointed out myself that GRRM made statements that make it very unlikely that they'll meet again (and why several suggest Edric as a replacement for Gendry). Can't find them for the moment though.

Perhaps I will eat crow once Season 7 finishes on HBO. You never know.

I'll take anything, just not Jon/Arya, Jon/Sansa, or Dany/Tyrion. Please, George, please.

Sums up my feelings on the matter perfectly.

I like their interaction and it has promise, and there sure are elements that suggest it for a future: but there's a serious time issue, as the 5 year jump won't happen, and thus Arya still too young. I might be wrong, but I seem to recall being pointed out myself that GRRM made statements that make it very unlikely that they'll meet again (and why several suggest Edric as a replacement for Gendry). Can't find them for the moment though.

I think that would be huge news for Arya fans, who have practically combed the books, the TV show, and every SSM for even a hint of anything having to do with Arya. While I don't know whether romance is in the cards for Gendry and Arya, I doubt they'll never meet again.

I don't think a romance between Jon and Dany would be good for both of them. Romance in ASOIAF hasn't been positive. Either one of the couple dies or they both live to suffer the consequences of their actions.

If Jon and Dany hook up, their relationship will most likely meet a tragic ending (i.e. one of them dies) and I wouldn't wish it on any one of them. Because that would mean Jon or Dany would have loved and lost twice.

Archived