A Maegor world

Wmarshal

Say Maegor impregnated his first bride, his sister wife, what do you guys think a world run by Maegor spawn would look like?

I imagine the Targ words would switch to, " only the strong survive."

The Targaryens would probably never get toppled by another family.

Is it just me or did the Targaryens get physically weaker over the centuries as well? Dany and Vyserys seem to be normal build, but their direct ancestors were pretty feeble.

Aegon, Maegor, Maekar and others were much stronger it seems.

What is weird that Maegor and Aegon was pure incest of hundred years, where the feeble once were born of outside marriages.

Maybe the Targaryens were all originally well build and they kept their physique precisely because of the incest. As soon as they started to get feeble genes in the pool and started to practice incest again at certain points in time they started to keep the weaker ones as well. Although Aerys at least was probably also malnourished.

Say Maegor impregnated his first bride, his sister wife, what do you guys think a world run by Maegor spawn would look like?

Well he was never able to successfully reproduce. (Unless you believe Silver Denys' story, which you probably shouldn't.) So it's sort of like imagining a world run by stillborn mutated fetuses.

I don't know about that. Aerys was probably starving.

If anything, I think it's just a matter of genes. Egg was tall, but not overly strong. He wasn't exactly weak though. His parent's generation was quite impressive - Baelor and Maekar. Baelor's sons were both strong. Egg's sons include Duncan the Small, who was quite a martial man apparently. Jaeherys was not healthy, but Aerys II turned out to be quite normal.

And Rhaegar was clearly a fine specimen of a warrior.

The fact that they are no longer really described as ''broad'' or ''strong'' is probably due to their lineage through Egg, who was notably tall and slender where his father was broad.

Yeah I was following up on Aery's undernourishment in a later post. But yes I have to agree they are not really the hunks they used to be although that started with Egg as you said. Rhaegar was a probably a good fighter but he was more slender than Aegon or Maegor I assume, I was just talking about the general physique not the fighting abilities.

An awesome world. While his dealings with his wives are truly awful, he's one of my favorite Targaryen kings. He's like Tywin, but awesome. Anyone who declares war on the Faith of the Seven is alright with me.

Except Tywin knew when to restrain his brutal instincts, and used it in a consistent and predictable manner that showed clear benefits. Tywin never killed his builders.

I like Maegor too, though I got Faith's stand, who wants to ruled by inbreds?, Maegor was a badass, a Conan barbarian.

He was a psychopath who tortured his nephew for days and left his corpse to rot in the courtyard, and murdered the stonemasons and carpenters who built his castle.

A momma got's to take care of her baby, Eleanor backed John knowing full well Arthur was the true heir. Oh sh*t I think I found Maegor, Aegon the younger, and Visanya's soul twins.

Well he was never able to successfully reproduce. (Unless you believe Silver Denys' story, which you probably shouldn't.) So it's sort of like imagining a world run by stillborn mutated fetuses.

I completely missed Silver Denys in TPATQ. He must have been old as hell to claim to be Maegor's bastard.

• 9 months later...

Sir you need to read Maegor storyline again because he never marry his sister wife because there was no sister! Aegon I Targaryen had only TWO sons (I think you are read a Old-semi canon) at the age of 13 years-old he had marry his half sister on his aunt side. but in this new vision there is NO SISTERS. but he did marry his niece on his brother side.

Archived