Regarding the Euron Greyjoy theories (spoilers all books)

Morbanth

You completely misunderstood the point, which is that GRRM, the creator, has explicitly stated (in the link of the post you replied to) that it doesn't matter how far away or close something is, if the story requires it, there will be a way for them to travel where needed. Daario only needs to be away from Meereen when Euron is seen elsewhere - the geography is irrelevant.

No, I was just actually speaking from a reality stampoint, not from a storytelling stampoint. I got what GRRM says, but I think Euron going back and forth from SB to the II in a few months is pretty implausible.

A few months would be implausible, them being at two different far away places at the same time is impossible unless Euron can teleport or something. This is what the theory suggests.

We dont find out about Daario being sent away to Lhazar until aDwD. Robb finds out about Euron turning up at the Iron Islands before the RW and the ghost of horn hill says Balon is killed even before that.

I do think the part about Euron having a crew full of mutes in order to conceal secrets of some sort is very likely.

I don't necessarily believe the theory but, the obvious reason to set Victarion up like that is because he reckons there's no chance of it ending well for Victarion. Therefore his only major threat in the Iron Islands would be eliminated. The only reason Vic is alive now is because he chanced upon Moqorro.

This is even more crackpot than Daario = Benjen.

If Euron is Daario then why is he sending Victarion across the world with the Iron Fleet if he could just do it himself and Dany would be a lot more impressed?

I was about to post this exact thing. Makes Vic's mission a bit superfluous, no?

I also dont see how the timing works out. Isnt Daario with Dany when she takes Mereen? I believe we get the ghost of horn hills testimony that Balon Greyjoy has been killed right around that same time.

From http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/253zbx/is_daario_reallyspoilers_adwd/

*Euron's location was unknown during Dany's conquests and left Westeros shortly after Victarion

*Daario wasn't in Meereen during Balon's assassination and Kingsmoot

*Euron brought a huge amount of swag to Kingsmoot

*Daario earned a huge amount of swag after the siege of Yunkai

*Euron's sure that Dany will marry him and he'll get the dragons

Daario has a new actor because they decided to re-cast the character. There is absolutely no story reason for this change whatsoever. They probably felt the new actor had better chemistry with Emilia Clarke. Or he has a wider range acting-wise. They've re-cast Gregor Clegane in every season he's appeared in. Does this mean he's actually Hodor? No. It just means he was re-cast.

Even if we accept that it's possible (and I don't really), can anyone suggest any motive? What would be the point? Lets say Euron=Daario. If Euron/Daario wants to marry Dany and use her dragons to conquer Westeros then why wouldn't he just do that? Dany already fancies him and is looking for ships to take her to Westeros, so why doesn't he just marry her? Why did he send Vic to Meereen?

The whole thing doesn't make a jot of sense.

NM, for the very same reason Euron is hated by his brothers - for his constant psychological warfare against everyone around him. Basically, he likes to fuck with people. Remember the quote about how Euron is "...maddest of them all"?

Just going to leave this thread here, which explains why Euron and Daario are the same person. I was against the possibility until I read it, it makes a lot of sense. I don't know why the mods locked it and won't lock this, but luckily it wasn't deleted so we can still view it.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/109609-eurio-greyharis/

They've re-cast Gregor Clegane in every season he's appeared in. Does this mean he's actually Hodor? No. It just means he was re-cast.

They died of heart attacks.

Just going to leave this thread here, which explains why Euron and Daario are the same person. I was against the possibility until I read it, it makes a lot of sense. I don't know why the mods locked it and won't lock this, but luckily it wasn't deleted so we can still view it.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/109609-eurio-greyharis/

But why? What's the motive?

I think he is messing with VIctarion. I think he knew Vic would betray his trust, and perhaps wants to use it as an opportunity to kill him, maybe even perhaps to win Dany's favor. He might also be disguising himself just to gain her trust and attraction, like Barristan did (not for the latter though).

I think Daario's new actor is a huge hint he is Euron.

So you're suggesting that D&D had no idea that Daario=Euron last season, and then they learned it and had to recast him?

Well, we know that GRRM gave D&D the outline of every major story arc. So if they didn't know it until they started production for this season, that means GRRM didn't know it until around the time he finished the first draft for TWoW.

I suppose it's not impossible that GRRM subconsciously wrote in a bunch of clues that even he didn't realize until he reread ADwD and said, "Holy crap, Daario is Euron in disguise, now I have to rewrite all of TWoW!"

Daario has a new actor because they decided to re-cast the character. There is absolutely no story reason for this change whatsoever. They probably felt the new actor had better chemistry with Emilia Clarke. Or he has a wider range acting-wise.

Or, more likely, because Ed Skrein is starring in the Transporter reboot and didn't have time to play Daario again.

But yeah, it's almost certainly not because D&D suddenly found out that they needed an actor who looked more like book-Euron...

They've re-cast Gregor Clegane in every season he's appeared in. Does this mean he's actually Hodor? No. It just means he was re-cast.

No they didn't; they're both still alive and well. Conan Stevens left to play Bolg in The Hobbit, and Ian Whyte is still playing various minor characters (giants and white walkers) in seasons 3 and 4 of the series.

For their hearts? Well, if you had to pump blood through the body of a man who's over 7' tall and likes to do his own stunts, wouldn't you sometimes want to just give up?

Can you even color black hair?

Yes. Have you never seen a punk, raver, goth, etc. of Asian or Hispanic descent?

Wikipedia has a pretty good explanation of the different ways to do it, how they work chemically, the history behind them, etc.

Edit (third attempt; it keeps losing my edit): I'll bet that Essos has plants similar to henna, cassia, etc., which people in places like Egypt, Persia, and India have used to lighten and color hair for thousands of years

Archived