Regarding the Euron Greyjoy theories (spoilers all books)

Morbanth

Supossedly, when Daario/Euron is sent by Dany to Lhazar, he goes back to the Iron Islands and calls the kingsmoot etc. and then he comes back to Meereen. I think this is a stretch as well, since sailing from Slaver's Bay over to the Iron Isles, staying there for a few months and coming back and completing his mission in Lhazar and going back to Dany would take more than a year, when Daario is away from Dany for like, a couple of months. Its an interesting theory but not at all possible IMO.

Unless he's in possession of a speedboat instead of a longboat, this is impossible.

The reason why the Euron=Daario theory is so popular is because there has to be some way that Euron screws Victarion over. We know that it is possible to make the people around you perceive you differently - like how Mance looked and sounded like Rattleshirt - so why is it not possible that Euron was using the same technique to make himself look like Daario? People also seem to presume that Daario has always been Euron, but I don't see that as a requirement. What if the real Daario was killed at some point so that Euron could take his place? Probably during one of the times Daario was away. I always thought it suspicious that Daario basically went from cheesy flirting to fucking Dany and trying to manipulate her - basically rule through her - very suddenly, without any warning.

Of course there's also the problem: Why would Euron bother to even send Victarion? Well, first off, he needs Victarion dead, because Victarion could be a major pain in the neck for him. He probably used either the Dusky Woman or the maester (probably the former) to poison Vic's hand, which would explain why the Dusky Woman got angry when she saw Moqorro. He also needs reinforcements (even with Vic dead the Iron Fleet would continue moving toward Meereen I think that's not much of a stretch) which is why he probably sent the Iron Fleet on its way. I wouldn't even put it past Euron that he was the one that made sure everything and everyone was against Dany so when it looked like she was going to lose Euron could reveal himself and save the day with his ironborn and also present Dany with an actual fleet.

The reason why the Euron=Daario theory is so popular is because there has to be some way that Euron screws Victarion over. We know that it is possible to make the people around you perceive you differently - like how Mance looked and sounded like Rattleshirt - so why is it not possible that Euron was using the same technique to make himself look like Daario? People also seem to presume that Daario has always been Euron, but I don't see that as a requirement. What if the real Daario was killed at some point so that Euron could take his place? Probably during one of the times Daario was away. I always thought it suspicious that Daario basically went from cheesy flirting to fucking Dany and trying to manipulate her - basically rule through her - very suddenly, without any warning.

Of course there's also the problem: Why would Euron bother to even send Victarion? Well, first off, he needs Victarion dead, because Victarion could be a major pain in the neck for him. He probably used either the Dusky Woman or the maester (probably the former) to poison Vic's hand, which would explain why the Dusky Woman got angry when she saw Moqorro. He also needs reinforcements (even with Vic dead the Iron Fleet would continue moving toward Meereen I think that's not much of a stretch) which is why he probably sent the Iron Fleet on its way. I wouldn't even put it past Euron that he was the one that made sure everything and everyone was against Dany so when it looked like she was going to lose Euron could reveal himself and save the day with his ironborn and also present Dany with an actual fleet.

Did you even read my post about the timeline? Unless Euron can appear in two places at once he's not Daario.

Did you even read my post about the timeline? Unless Euron can appear in two places at once he's not Daario.

And did you read the part where I say "People also seem to presume that Daario has always been Euron, but I don't see that as a requirement."?

Than Daario was switched in Lhazar, which is not accessible by sea. So did Euron fly there?

Does it necessarily have to be in Lhazar? I mean, can't it have been en route to Lhazar or back? Suppose, for instance, that the switch happened whilst Daario was in Meereen or just outside of Meereen. Given the fact that Euron can "speed sail" - or at least that's what he suggests when he sacrifices Baelor Blacktyde or whoever - it should be possible.

Daario is not Euron. The theory is impossible, based on an incorrect view of the timeline.

In The Prophet Aeron learns Balon is dead and that Euron returned the next day. Balon has been dead for not much more than three days. Robb learns Balon is dead before the RW so Euron returned in mid-ASOS.

Daario was with the Stormcrows or Dany in mid-ASOS.

So no.

What makes you think the chapters are in chronological order? Just because Daario appears in a Dany chapter mid-ASOS it does not prove anything. For all we know it could be months removed from the events at Westeros. Unless there's something in the chapter that links it with Balon's death, you can't say when it takes place.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Aj_uNZmcJaTddG9BVU5tRnJJTE5KcE5JRkFha1ZfNUE&pli=1

10/31, 299: Daario turns cloak

12/1, 299: Meereen falls, Daario with Dany

12/5, 299: Balon has been dead for three days, Euron returned two days ago, Aeron calls Kingsmoot

So still no.

Personally, I think whoever put that together has spent more time thinking about the timeline than Martin has. There's really no guarantee on the accuracy at all.

• 1 month later...

If Euron is not Daario, then all chapters centered around both of them haven't really gone anywhere. Daario would be 100 useless and EUron would have just crashed a keep and partied within two whole books.

I think Daario's new actor is a huge hint he is Euron. He looks very similar to how he does in the books, and it would explain why the Kingsmmot had to be skipped, because they can't expect people to not realize it is him (though they could just use another actor like they did with Jaqen, assuming Euron is a Faceless Man). That's pretty much the reason why Barristan took his disguise off right away, as opposed to almost two books.

So Euron is Daario AND a faceless man? I understand we all have a lot of time for thought while we wait for a new book, but the theories have jumped the shark. What's next? Hodor is Rhaegar?

• 1 month later...

I keep not wanting to think this, but keep doing it. It's probably one of the most disregarded theories and gets bashed a lot--but that's why I like it. There's some decent "evidence" per se and compared to some theories out there (HS=HR, Benjen, Secret Targs, etc.) I'm surprised at the amount of pushback this one gets when the only arguments revolve around the timeline (that doesn't overlap and GRRM has mentioned to not look to much into that--I.E.-- Cat)

GRRM says there's more to Daario "than meets the eye" in a very well thought out sort of manner. I mean the author is acknowledging something is there in a series that throws curveballs at every turn. He also admits he didn't get so descriptive on the eye front (They both have blue eyes)

Also, this is a character that shouldn't and I can't see being cut from the show. I see that happening with Victarion but Euron is compelling imo in a mysterious sort of way..just seems like one of the biggest players even though it was a late introduction.

The eyes, lips, and 93 thing are what bait me with this one.

I'm not throwing in 100% but if I had to corral all of the theories out there right now, this is one of them that would really ignite things in WoW.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This all sounds funny and amazing, but what if Euron = Daario = Pyatt Pree/Sorcerors of Qaarth? I mean we know they have some game they're trying to run on Dany, is it crazy to assume they took the visage of Euron to further their goals?

• 2 months later...

Archived