The Flash - Don't Blink

BormonReborn

Ralph Dibny is dead? No Elongated Man? Awww...

Might've been a Justice League roll call, ya know. I got stuck on the mention of Bea daCosta.

Well, apparently the Crisis that's supposed to occur ten years in the future is dependent upon Barry being the Flash : No Flash means no Crisis. I would think that, if this Crisis will be anything like the one in the comics, then without the Flash, there'd be headlines like "The Skies Grow Redder" or "The Crisis has become Infinite". Issues with Postal Service doesn't quite cut it as a universe-wide catastrophe.

Ralph Dibny is dead? No Elongated Man? Awww...

They said his name, Bea's name and Firestorm (Ronnie). I think it's a list of people either dead or changed into metahumans.

Don't know why, but it seems better than just dead people, since firestorm is supposed to be in this series very soon and his name was here.

Well, apparently the Crisis that's supposed to occur ten years in the future is dependent upon Barry being the Flash : No Flash means no Crisis. I would think that, if this Crisis will be anything like the one in the comics, then without the Flash, there'd be headlines like "The Skies Grow Redder" or "The Crisis has become Infinite". Issues with Postal Service doesn't quite cut it as a universe-wide catastrophe.

The difference in headlines: the original is "Flash Missing" with a smaller one reading "Red Skies Vanish", the alternates are something about the US Post Office shutting down and "Red Skies Threaten", so I'd say it looks like Barry is needed to stop whatever is happening, not that he's going to cause it.

The difference in headlines: the original is "Flash Missing" with a smaller one reading "Red Skies Vanish", the alternates are something about the US Post Office shutting down and "Red Skies Threaten", so I'd say it looks like Barry is needed to stop whatever is happening, not that he's going to cause it.

Ohhhh, I missed that part about "red skies threaten". That's why I was being facetious about the Crisis seeming to be not an issue any more, since Barry's no longer the Flash.

"Crisis"? As in Infinite Earths, crisis? With Flash disappearing (dying)? Ugh. My head is really gonna hurt. :)

Liked the ep, even though the science ways and means of Flash's disappearing and re-appearing powers was, as usual, loopy.

They said his name, Bea's name and Firestorm (Ronnie). I think it's a list of people either dead or changed into metahumans.

Don't know why, but it seems better than just dead people, since firestorm is supposed to be in this series very soon and his name was here.

Perhaps those names were listed because the good doctor knows more than he's saying...

Perhaps those names were listed because the good doctor knows more than he's saying...

Yea, that'd be my guess. You could even say it's like Ronnie Raymond where he's thought to be dead at that point but isn't.

I'm really digging this show. Very much looking forward to the Arrow/The Flash crossover next week.

Yea, that'd be my guess. You could even say it's like Ronnie Raymond where he's thought to be dead at that point but isn't.

I'm really digging this show. Very much looking forward to the Arrow/The Flash crossover next week.

It's next week? Nice, i thought it was episode 9 not 8. Good. :D

Looked it up:

Al Rothstein (Atom Smasher)

Will Everett ( Amazing Man)

Grant Emerson (Damage)

Excepting Ronnie Raymond and Ralph, the only one I'm familiar with is Bea De Costa (Fire).

They were all in Justice Society of America a few years back. Which had Jay Garrick as one of the members.

While they were all listed as dead - it's pretty clear they aren't. Barry almost died - maybe all the good ones have to "die" ? It'll be fun to see them turn up.

I hope clock King comes back on Flash. I think his skill set could make him a very interest antagonist for the Flash as he could take his speed and timing into account with complicated distractions/traps.

Wells is fast becoming TV superheroes best villain. Regarding Wells

I'm wondering if Eddie Thawne is an actual good guy and is simply Well's (probably Zoom's) dad? He seems like a genuinely nice guy so if he turns out to be a villain I suspect it's something that has yet to happen

I hope clock King comes back on Flash. I think his skill set could make him a very interest antagonist for the Flash as he could take his speed and timing into account with complicated distractions/traps.

I hope he returns to team up with Captain Cold, Vertigo and Heatwave. Maybe they could break out of prison together?

They were all in Justice Society of America a few years back. Which had Jay Garrick as one of the members.

While they were all listed as dead - it's pretty clear they aren't. Barry almost died - maybe all the good ones have to "die" ? It'll be fun to see them turn up.

Wells is fast becoming TV superheroes best villain. Regarding Wells

I'm wondering if Eddie Thawne is an actual good guy and is simply Well's (probably Zoom's) dad? He seems like a genuinely nice guy so if he turns out to be a villain I suspect it's something that has yet to happen

Oh yeah, Atom Smasher's like the big guy.

I liked the Clock King's appearance here too and I'm a bit sorry I missed him in Arrow. I guess he mistimed how quick Iris can be on the draw.

Speaking of which, Barry is obviously encouraging Iris' fascination with the Flash and flirts with her in a way he doesn't as Barry (yes, I know. ugh) If it develops further (duh) this might be a factor in what turns Eddie (who apparently doesn't have speed-healing powers at this point) . If it is, it's kinda lame. It had better be more than that.

Right now, they're spending a bit too much effort in making people think (H.G.)Wells might be the Reverse-Flash.

Good take on Barry using his alter ego to flirt with Iris. It's actually an interesting dynamic (done to death with Lois and clark) and plays well. Just a shame about the fact she thinks he's like a brother. With time I think the ughness will wear off hopefully. Although that's part of the reason i hope Thawne isn't bad, I find it a cop out when protagonists get the girl/boy because their partner turns out to be "evil/deserving". I'm far more interested when someone is the "innocent" bystander. Arrow managed this in a sense when Olly screwed over his best mate while Tommy remained a good guy,

Wells as a villain almost does feel too on the nose at this point. I'm hoping there is a legitimate "grey area" to his actions which makes him more of a cold hero than outright villain. Either way I like the idea of the mentor being the antagonist.

Have to admit that the fluctuations in power take me out of the story whenever they occur. He shouldn't be able to make 8 cups of coffee in a flash because a) he can't move that fast b) it doesn't matter how fast he moves the coffee still takes time to be made and c) there'd be a sonic boom.

That and everytime he saves someone by hitting them with the equivalent force of them being hit by a car and they aren't hurt. I know in the comics there is some BS amount him being able to control momentum - I wish they'd throw that out in the show to explain how he doesn't kill people when saving them. At the end of the day if you outrun a bullet then you are hitting that person with the added velocity and mass so you should be hurting them a lot more than taking the bullet. I know it's a tv show and as long as it's entertaining these things don't ruin the show but they are things that stack up in weaker moments,

Archived