The Flash - Don't Blink

BormonReborn

You may be watching too much CW?

Or watching too many shows based off comic's who target market is kids 12-15 year olds.

Another thing that's going to bother me is the way he grabs people, immediately accelerates them to 300mph and then stops them dead with no injury at all. But one thing at a time.

HTF does the Sun giving Superman, super strength end up w/ letting him shoot Heat beams from his eyes? or have also have X-Ray vision?

I didn't watch last night's episode, but if Barry was pining over Iris when Felicity is there and potentially throwing herself at him, I'd totally question the sanity of Barry and the more importantly, the writers.

They (the writers) did a really good job w/ it and while she was putting herself out there, she was throwing herself at him. They (B & F) talked openly about at the end of the ep, about how perfect they are for each other, but the both want what they can't have.

Was really good, solid ep.

Bring Fel was good, she help Barry w/ his team, and help "his" team w/ him. Going thru growing pains was a need thing, but having it happen and resolved quickly was better.

Miller was really good villain, 1. One that will be back, and 2. Shows that Flash is going to work against evil, not just Meta-Humans.

Having not read a lot of Flash, and what I did was 30+ years ago, I still not sure where Tom C character is going. I not sure he is a good guy, but I do think he really is trying to protect Barry. Could he be....

Older Barry come back in time? trying to right something he wasn't able to in his past?

Or watching too many shows based off comic's who target market is kids 12-15 year olds.

HTF does the Sun giving Superman, super strength end up w/ letting him shoot Heat beams from his eyes? or have also have X-Ray vision?

They (the writers) did a really good job w/ it and while she was putting herself out there, she was throwing herself at him. They (B & F) talked openly about at the end of the ep, about how perfect they are for each other, but the both want what they can't have.

From most of the CW shows I've seen they are far more guilty of this than other networks but I guess you are right, the channel is aimed at a teen demographic (higher range than 15 year olds though - prob up to 18). There's only Supernatural that's dodged that bullet although I recall they tried to do it in season 3 or 4 much to everyone's outrage.

I agree that Superman catching falling people is exactly the same as Flash running into people.

Your description of Barry and Felicity's conversation seems to be straight out of the Dawson's creek handbook. Maybe I'm emotionally stunted but people don't talk like that. At least they are in their 20s as opposed to being 14 years old though.

Because that's all built in to the premise. The premise is that a guy from Krypton has special powers under Earth's yellow sun, and if you don't buy into that then you're not going to be watching/reading Superman. The premise is also, crucially, that Superman also exists on an Earth that is otherwise the same, where the laws of physics still hold. Same as The Flash; he runs fast on *this* planet, not one where the laws of momentum amd physiology have been suspended.

I can forgive that The Flash and Superman break the laws of physics as part of suspension of disbelief. Everyone else, however, falls under their dominion.

Your description of Barry and Felicity's conversation seems to be straight out of the Dawson's creek handbook. Maybe I'm emotionally stunted but people don't talk like that. At least they are in their 20s as opposed to being 14 years old though.

I actually didn't think it was that bad.

There was a certain level of maturity to the conversation.

I actually didn't think it was that bad.

There was a certain level of maturity to the conversation.

I agree.

I also let out a bit of a cheer when he finally leaned in and kissed her good bye. There is just something about Felicity that is amazing and the chemistry the two have is very enjoyable.

I have such a fundamental issue with the Flash. And, I am completely willing to concede I think too much about this shit. But, it's DoFP Quicksilver syndrome. Super speed is such a difficult power to write. With any other power, you can come up with checks and balances. Super strength? Get someone as strong, or someone who can be effective from a distance. Energy projection? Dodge it. Telepathy? Magneto helmets.

All I could do during tonight's episode was think about how all Barry had to do was run into Cap Cold and end it all. It's all he ever needs to do. This guy can run at light speeds...how can he not get to someone before a trigger is pulled?

I feel like, comics be damned, the showrunners should've toned down his abilities. All I can ever do as I watch each episode is think about how none of these villains should even phase Barry.

There is a funny reddit post about how overpowered the flash is: http://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/fcs1q/the_motherfucking_flash/

There is a funny reddit post about how overpowered the flash is: http://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/fcs1q/the_motherfucking_flash/

In case anyone is unfamiliar with "The Motherfucking Flash" this random anonymous post I came across some years back explains him and his powers.

The Motherfucking Flash

(Score:4, Funny)

by Anonymous Coward on Monday September 11, @08:39PM (#16085815)

Now, I dont know how many of you dogs of the scurviest sea read comics, but I do a big pile of comics. One thing that blows my mind is how completely insane the powers in the DC universe are. Look at Superman. This guy has more powers than French restaurants have ways to say your taste in wine is atrocious. He has powers to do with every part of his body and then some. He forgets powers sometimes. He can shoot heat rays out of his eyes, frost breath from his mouth and red son radiation from his ass. Hes that sort of crazy dude. All because he absorbs solar radiation.

Look at Batman. His power? The anti-power. Sure, he should be some tame, kung fun master of not much, but instead hes the hottest shit to ever shit on a plate. You got a power? Hell find your weakness and give you seizures or heart attacks. Hell light you on fire when youre sleeping or make you recharge your green lantern ring in the power outlet. Ten thousand volts of fuck you batman. Thats Batman.

But the fucking Flash, my god, my FUCKING GOD, this man has the greatest powers of all. If Supermans powers are being sucked off by twin super models and batman coming home to discover your wife is not only bisexual but has two friends she wants you to get in on then the Flash is an orgy with a thousand women who also want to pay your World of Warcraft billing. And click the mouse for you. This man is just that fucking hot. They have to power him down in the comics half the time just to keep him from doing everyone elses job.

Ok first off, he can travel at lightspeed. Mother fuck! Not only does he travel at lightspeed, but time slows down for him. So he feels like hes having a casual jog or reading the paper, meanwhile, his feet are moving so fast you can hear him coming from Montana while hes already gotten to Arizona. Thats fucking fast. But wait! The ability to move at Lightspeed just isnt fucking enough!

I know! Christ this guy can punch you so many times in a second youve been hit five times in the cock and two times everywhere else. You think youre about to fight the Flash and then it hits you, for the last split second hes beaned your beanbags with more blows than you had sperm. But no, theres more!

The Flash can also vibrate through walls. Now last I heard, you can not move so fast you can vibrate through walls, so what actually happens is the Flash is so fast he can pick and choose the movement of his individual molecules and move them through other solid objects, phasing through solid matter like it aint no thing. I mean you think a guy who runs at lightspeed would run into shit but no, the Flash just goes right through them. To top that with a cherry and some whipped cream (which the Flash made in like a millisecond, fucker) he can selectively choose to cause objects to be okay afterwards or FUCKING EXPLODE. Thats right. He can run through you and make you blow up by transfering kinetic energy into you. Like Jesus. ITs bad enough you cant hit this guy, but he doesnt even have to punch you. Now your testicles have exploded and youre thinking youre about to hit him. Jesus? Just give it up. Hes the fucking Flash.

Now imagine that somehow theres someone who can get around the Flash blowing your balls up secret ninja technique. Ok. He can also control the flow of energy between objects. This power makes no sense but basically he can throw a rock at you, and you think its going slow and then hes like WHOOHOOO WIZARDLY FLASH POWERS and bam its going at lightspeed. So he can throw seven million rocks at you in a second then make them all goes different speeds thus striking your nads with seven million rocks one after the other.

But wait! Theres more! He can also take energy from the very power of speed and make clothes out of it. Yes. Flash makes his pants out of GOES FAST. The man is so fast he can make Flash pants that GOES FAST go right into. I dont even start to understand the physics of that but basically SPEED == REALLY TIGHT UNDERWEAR AND COOL LIGHTNING THINGIES OVER THE EAR. You would think this is the end of it but ok lets say Flash is fighting Superman and shit hes going to lose and FUCK how is Superman THIS fucking strong? I dont know he must be Superman fused with Batman into some sort of guy with tons of plans on how to punch you far harder than anyone else ok to end it off the Flash can GO BACK OR FORWARD IN TIME ON COMMAND.

How do you beat this dude? Youre thinking youre hashing him good, laying down the beatdown, missing your balls and suddenly BAM YOUR MOM FELL DOWN THE STAIRS TWENTY YEARS AGO and theres a dent in your forehead and Superman not thunk so gud no more. Actually she didnt fall down the stairs the Flash put speed into them so they fell up her! Fuck you Flash! You moved the stairs to Soviet fucking russia! RUSH-A! Bitch.

Oh, and lastly his greatest power is he isnt fast in bed. He takes it slow and gets all the ladies with his superpowers then actually satisfies them in the sack. Who the Hell is this guy? Youd think he could AT LEAST be a premature ejaculator since his penis is moving at lightspeed but NOOOO hes even good in bed.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Wolverine sucks cock and should go die in a freak greasefire.

The dialogue is a shit ton better in this show than it is in Arrow, or Gotham... as a show it hasn't arrived quite yet... but at least when a father explains why he has reservations about his daughter dating his partner, it makes sense. There is no Laurel on this show.

.... and the "When a man loves a woman" bit was kind of funny

• 2 weeks later...

Fifth ep has Iris' strongest appearance so far, particularly the rooftop scene (which also has the not-so-common instance of a super-hero altering his voice and not sounding goofy). I'll just ignore the rather obvious solution to their dilemma which is telling Iris who "the Streak" really is and that her continuing to write about him puts Barry and her and everyone around them in danger.

That aside, I was more interested in the way Plastique and Barry bonded. I'm hoping this isn't the last we'll see of her (well the ending was very Dark Knight Rises so maybe her death was a fake-out as well).

One of the weaker spots of this ep was a generic general in the form of Eiling (one of the things Ang Lee's Hulk did well was that it gave us a General Ross that wasn't generic. I dunno why but I just had to bring that up. :P) It also looks like Wells has some form of telepathic ability in the way that he set Plastique on her course.

Dialogue continues to be funny , particularly Barry wondering whether there was a bed store nearby and Caitlin's reply. Err, do people wash windows of buildings on a platform at night?

The dialogue is a shit ton better in this show than it is in Arrow, or Gotham... as a show it hasn't arrived quite yet... but at least when a father explains why he has reservations about his daughter dating his partner, it makes sense. There is no Laurel on this show.

.... and the "When a man loves a woman" bit was kind of funny

I enjoyed episode 4. While I still think the "we are perfect for each other but we love the show-sustaining unrequited love" speech was a stretch the actors did a good job of ploughing through it.

I thought Wentworth Miller was great as Captain Cold and liked that he got the better of the Flash. I'm also excited at the development of a Rogue's team at some point.

Haven't seen the latest episode but Flash is continuing to impress. It's like CW are the MArvel of TV at the moment. None of the others are nailing their shows. Shame they didn't get Wonder Woman up and running. I think they're developing Supergirl but I'm not that bothered about that character and her skill set. I'd like to see them do a Zatanna (or possibly Raven) show - that way they could tap into the old buffy/supernatural thing.

Archived