[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa X: Cold never bothered her anyway...

Mladen

This situation really gets my goat! You guys see my goat in the corner over there? Well, this situation is getting it!

Anywho. Let me throw down my wild conspiracy theories, cause no post of mine would be complete without vague plot analysis and rampant speculation.

Check me: I don't think they're going to introduce Harry. I think they will make her engagement to Robin be the "potential" for her to take ownership of the Vale (which is also probably why Robin isn't sickly in the show. He's going to be around for a while). Meanwhile, Sansa covers for LF and they establish an, "I saved your ass, you saved mine....we're even," kind of relationship. From that point on, they plan and plot to take over the world (Pinky and the Brain style). She will use seduction and manipulation to control him. Then, he'll try and kill Robin which will then make her kill him.

I think they're moving through her story so quickly because nothing about the 'plan' in AFFC will matter (and really, why go through a whole Harry storyline when she can become the same exact thing (Lady of the Vale) by marrying Robin). Which means, next season, they can just continue developing her relationship with Robin and LF.

I did not enjoy how the show castle scene played out. Robert seemed genuine in his efforts to help Sansa. Her reaction, though justifiable, seemed somewhat childish.

Heights freak me out and the moon door terrifies me as a concept. Thought that scene was well done by all involved .

This situation really gets my goat! You guys see my goat in the corner over there? Well, this situation is getting it!

Anywho. Let me throw down my wild conspiracy theories, cause no post of mine would be complete without vague plot analysis and rampant speculation.

Check me: I don't think they're going to introduce Harry. I think they will make her engagement to Robin be the "potential" for her to take ownership of the Vale (which is also probably why Robin isn't sickly in the show. He's going to be around for a while). Meanwhile, Sansa covers for LF and they establish an, "I saved your ass, you saved mine....we're even," kind of relationship. From that point on, they plan and plot to take over the world (Pinky and the Brain style). She will use seduction and manipulation to control him. Then, he'll try and kill Robin which will then make her kill him.

I think they're moving through her story so quickly because nothing about the 'plan' in AFFC will matter (and really, why go through a whole Harry storyline when she can become the same exact thing (Lady of the Vale) by marrying Robin). Which means, next season, they can just continue developing her relationship with Robin and LF.

Seems possible. And, with all the material waiting for them in season 5, it makes sense that they streamline arcs where they can. I'm not so sure about TV!Sansa reacting in that fashion to Robin's death. I think it's more likely that she, somehow, finds out about LF's actual relationship with Ned and does the thing they do to those who hurt loved ones.

It may add more internal conflict if, after so many rounds of (TV) consensual kissing, she does develop feelings for him. But maybe they'll turn her into a more cold blooded vengeance machine. It fits the show's style better.

First off, Robin reminded me of this

Now, did they just...did they...whitewash Robin, just a bit? I mean, he destroyed the castle tower by accident. He was actually being relatively nice, albeit in a sociopathic way, and it was only when they started arguing that he kicked the shit out of the castle. I'm all for it, I have a soft spot for the little brat

Also, I agree that the whole sequence felt rushed. It's one of those cases in which they should have spaced the scenes throughout the episode. But all in all, I think it was...fine. I didn't like how Sansa didn't recoil from the kiss, even though she said she did when Lysa was pushing her.

lol! Thats cute. I totally get the disappointment over this scene. It would have to be like, totally differently presented for it to have the same impact the book version had. Like, literally voice-overs of the other Starks and stuff. (it would come off a bit cornball if they went that route) I actually was ok with Robin being kind of adorable up until he got shitty. Her smacking him is basically the ripping off of the doll's head only theres no doll. It really is the first time Sansa ever raises her hand to anyone in the show. Shes tried to push Joffers off battlements but got stopped before actual handraising happened. So its still a pretty big moment for her. Shes not going to take anyone's petty torment and bullshit.

I have no idea how they are gonna resolve the "Who killed Lysa?" plot. There has been no potential patsy presented and yeah, its annoying. I also agree that there will be no Harry the Heir and he will be composited into Sweetrobin.

I didn't like how Sansa didn't recoil from the kiss, even though she said she did when Lysa was pushing her.

She seemed like this was going through her head: "What the hell is happening? Is he really kissing me? Should i like, push him away? Should i go along with it for my own sake? Im not sure i really want to piss him off. He murders people....This is uncomfortable and if Aunt Lysa finds out im fucked...And i just...Man...at least he isnt giving me tongue. Ok, he really needs to like, not kiss me anymore...." It looked awkward as fuck. She didnt balk, but shes like "uhhhhhh....."

http://37.media.tumblr.com/8a456a9959d6f2841ac6b89e63c028ea/tumblr_n5t13iqTEF1r9h4heo1_1280.jpg

This is NOT what i got at all from how it actually played out.

This is going to be another Jamie/Cersei scene, except in reverse. So, instead of filming a scene in which the female protagonist was SUPPOSED to appear horrified, uncomfortable and unwilling, they filmed a consensual kiss scene. Go figure!

What's with the damn directing this year? FML.

I think I've figured out how Peter & Sansa will explain this.

"And so, brave Lady Arryn saw that Sansa had slipped while they were talking, and grabbed the girl and threw her back to safety, unfortunately the momentem carried her out the moon door herself."

The Vale lords will eat it up.

The scene kind of sucked. I hated how Sansa was depicted. Made her look like a childish bitch.

That was my first reaction, but then I remembered, isn't she still like, 15? That's how most kids are at 15, they have spurts of adult behavior with random mixes of childishness thrown in. So I think it probably was ok for Sansa to act that way since she's had to be so grown up for so long.

That was my first reaction, but then I remembered, isn't she still like, 15? That's how most kids are at 15, they have spurts of adult behavior with random mixes of childishness thrown in. So I think it probably was ok for Sansa to act that way since she's had to be so grown up for so long.

Except Sansa isn't most 16 year olds. Her whole arc is in large part about how all childishness and flights of fancy are ruthlessly crushed out of her.

That, and the whole point of her snow castle is her reliving a moment of her lost and destroyed childhood. Her home and all her childish abandon was represented in the snow castle. When Robin breaks it, she begins to get upset. When he stomps on it, shes very upset. Yet another jerk to stomp all over Sansa's feelings and she wasnt having none of that. Thats why she smacks him. I didnt think her childish, i thought her human.

Except Sansa isn't most 16 year olds. Her whole arc is in large part about how all childishness and flights of fancy are ruthlessly crushed out of her.

That's the point. She is starting to feel for the first time in a while like she's safe, so she's not on her guard, and her only companion is the childish Robin. Makes sense she might return to her snarky commentary self (the way she was with Arya in the beginning) even if it's just temporary.

I noticed in this episode that the youngster playing Robin has shot up in height. Checked Wikipedia and found out that the actor is 13. Am I the only one who thought his voice was on the verge of cracking during his scene with Sansa tonight? By next year, or even this summer, he could be ready to shave, a few inches taller, and Sansa's new role as Robin Arryn's substitute mother will lose credibility, because Robin is physically obviously moving out of childhood and Sansa is a pretty young woman. Her tucking him in as he begs for bedtime fairy tales...can't see it with this actor. Not the boy's fault, he did a good job in the episode.

I am very disappointed that they didn't have Sansa's discomfort with LF's kiss more obvious. I really hope they aren't setting her up as an opportunistic manipulating female version of Littlefinger.

That, and the whole point of her snow castle is her reliving a moment of her lost and destroyed childhood. Her home and all her childish abandon was represented in the snow castle. When Robin breaks it, she begins to get upset. When he stomps on it, shes very upset. Yet another jerk to stomp all over Sansa's feelings and she wasnt having none of that. Thats why she smacks him. I didnt think her childish, i thought her human.

That is exactly how I saw it too.

Meh... I wasn't expecting to be impressed by the adaptation of my favorite chapter in ASOIAF so I'm not disappointed. I'm just glad they included the snow castle at all.

Check me: I don't think they're going to introduce Harry.

I think this is right. They have a tendency to cut out extraneous characters to keep it simple.

It may add more internal conflict if, after so many rounds of (TV) consensual kissing, she does develop feelings for him. But maybe they'll turn her into a more cold blooded vengeance machine. It fits the show's style better.

Oy vey!!! I don't even want to go down the road of "developing feelings". I'm still reeling and on the verge of drinking straight up Vodka about the damn consensual kiss (I always want to write "consensual sex" for some reason). Adding on the possibility of "developing feeling" is just too much for my soul to deal with at the moment. :stillsick: It could very well happen though. I definitely would not discount it at this point. Also, I'd love to see a cold-blooded and vengeful Sansa. Makes me hopeful that she'll serve a purpose other than being the perpetual "damsel in distress".

lol! Thats cute. I totally get the disappointment over this scene. It would have to be like, totally differently presented for it to have the same impact the book version had. Like, literally voice-overs of the other Starks and stuff. (it would come off a bit cornball if they went that route)

And here...I wanted ALL of that!! GIVE ME ALL OF THAT!!!!! :bang: Make me cry like a little bitch!!! Damnit man! Wasted the best scene in the fooking books! :angry2:

That's the point. She is starting to feel for the first time in a while like she's safe, so she's not on her guard, and her only companion is the childish Robin. Makes sense she might return to her snarky commentary self (the way she was with Arya in the beginning) even if it's just temporary.

I don't see it. To each their own.

Archived