[No Spoilers] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode

Scrambled Aegon

Filling in for the lovely shiola this week.

What did you love about this episode? From the smallest background detail to an obvious character moment, everything is fair game! This is a hate-free zone to shamelessly gush over everything you love about the series. NO PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE NEGATIVITY OR BACKHANDED COMPLIMENTS.

And, for the love of the Mother, remember..

NO SPOILERS MEANS NO SPOILERS

- no hinting

- no predictions

- no vague statements

(UNLESS IT IS UNDER A SPOILER TAG)

This is an oasis of love and fangirling/fanboying/fanpersoning.

All the Tyrion scenes with Jamie/Bronn/Oberon were pretty great.

The development/semi-understanding between Arya and the Hound was also pretty good. Their relationship started to get repetitive where one week they were getting along and then suddenly one would do something to make the other annoyed and it really seemed like largely a relationship of necessity. This week it seemed to grow some and there was more of an understanding between the two which was well done besides the kind of lame disposal of Rorge and the cheesy existential lines from Arya.

Oh, man:

- Tyrion had me on the verge of tears.

- Brienne's face throughout the Hot Pie interlude. Also, the way she delivered the Sansa Stark bio. Reading the books, I heard Brienne's voice as slow-witted and deliberate. Show Brienne is so, so, so much better.

- The Hound's performance utterly charmed me. I'd never, even reading the books, considered how close to the edge he really is. It reminded me of watching a western or war movie: the reluctant hero, trapped by closing circumstances, running out of options.

- I could watch Petyr push Lysa out the Moon Door forever. In fact, I might. Everything about his delivery, including the, oh, so awkward Sansa kiss, was expertly performed.

- Sansa learned to slap brats from Tyrion

- Also: Sansa's line after the freakout about trying to remember what Winterfell looked like. It broke my heart a little.

I really loved the Winterfell/Stark theme song playing as Sansa walked out into the snow. Got me a little teary eyed ...

Other things:

- HOT PIE

- Arya's "I can't. I don't know his name."

- The Bronn/Tyrion scene.

- Oberyn telling the story. Glad that found a way back into the fold. And declaring that he would champion. I did a little fist pump.

-Hot Pie cameo

-Brienne's smirk for being right

-Arya being sympathetic to the Hound

-Hound having a character moment

-"That's where the heart is."
-Sansa slapping Robin

-Oberyn's story about visiting the Rock

-Bronn's scene being nearly word-for-word

-Jorah and Dany being strategic

-Dany's command

-Carice in naked glory

-Shireen in danger, oh my