Best Lines of 407

"Take off your clothes"

Love how Emilia Clarke delivered that line. Has my vote for sexiest scene of the entire series.

"The slaves you've freed, brutality is all they've ever known. If you want them to know something else, you'll have to show it to them."

"I wouldn't be here to help you if Ned Stark had done to me what you want to do to the Masters of Yunkai."

Both those lines from Jorah are points sorely lacking from the books, imo.

1. Arya: Thank you! (Then gives Rorge the pointy end)

2. Oberyn and Tyrion scene. Made me cry when Oberyn was telling Tyrion about the little Lannister monster. I loved PD controlled anger/crying.

3. Hot Pie is back! woot

The whole scene of Oberyn telling Tyrion the story of how they first met was just perfect. The acting, the writing, the chemistry, the emotion, it was all just perfect.

You are the Golden Son. You can kill a king, lose a hand, fuck your own sister. You will still be the golden son.
-Tyrion

This.

Pissed off they left out "Only Cat". Damn it, D&D! "Your sister" just doesn't have as much power. But it's only a quote. The episode in a whole was pretty awesome.

Was Oberyn's speech lifted almost entirely from the book? I recognized a lot of it, for sure.

More or less, yes. I'm glad they kept it mostly intact. They have a habit of trying to fix what isn't broken on this show and I was very pleased with this particular scene. Pedro Pascal absolutely nailed it. And Peter Dinklage did an incredible job too.

Daario's "Jorah the Andal" made me laugh because he seemed to lose his accent, and I wanted him to follow up with "sup brah". :D

Yeah he almost lost his accent there. And for a second I thought I was watching Orphan Black (he has a recurring role on that this season too) because his accent was almost the same. I don't suppose it helped that the scene with Dany was similar to a scene in the latest Orphan Black where a female character tells a male character to strip in a similar commanding voice!

"Is he on your list?"

"He can't be. I don't know his name"

"What's your name?" :ninja:

"Rorge."

"Thank you". **STAB**

A girl needs a name. :cheers:

Also really enjoyed Oberyn's speech about his visit to Casterly Rock.

(No "bed of scorpions" reference, but with the time constraints, I'm glad they kept that much from the book.)

Hot pie made me laugh out loud with ... the knights wear armor thing again

This was awesome.

I cringed when I heard that. Cringed.

Same.

Archived