Hizdahr and Yunkia (Book Spoilers)

Howdyphillip

I thought it was way too random and way too soon. We've barely seen Daario and Dany interact at this point. I get they have a nudity quota to meet but geez. Hit the breaks a little, guys! Give these characters (and the viewers) time to see that there's an actual attraction there. I did like that they made it so Dany was in complete control of the situation, though.

Crackpot: they wanted to show Jorah's reaction to it, but Jorah has to be exiled soon ;)

Anyone else wonders, why Dany had choosen Hizdahr as her governor of Yunkai? She has just only once spoken with him and now gives him power over a

whole city, without Jorah, her most trusted counselor, even knowing about this? Not very plausible.

I think they building up Hizdahr as the ruler of Yunkai coming back to siege Mereen a

Hizdahr is beng sent to warn the Masters of Yunkai that if they dont surrender Dany will crucify them like she did in Mereen. He is not going to rule.

I was surprised Yunkai came up again already, but it might make sense leading up for the eventual battle to come to keep people aware of the other two cities that might have still some unfinished buisness with Dany. ;)

One thing I also find funny concerning Dany is that it sometimes seems as they would copy the exact discussion about the morality of Dany's actions from here. :D Last episode with Hizdahr, they brought up the "but what if some of them actually were not directly responsible? How can she know without a trial just chosing randomly?" questions and this week with Jorah they did it again by bringing up Jorahs past and that he also used to be guilty of the crimes she now punishes without any mercy, while he is one of her most trusted advisers.

I liked the change in the sex scene. They are showing a darker side to Dany - in tonight's episode, she sentenced thousands to die, but Jorah changed her mind in less than a minute. She's testing the limits of her power, seeing if she can do as she likes, being Queen and all.

Right now she likes Daario like a toy. I think the whole falling in love with him arc will be in the fifth season, and that she will surprise herself by falling for him.

Almost positive that Daario will turn his cloak.

:agree: Eventually that is. Just like in the books where it will turn out that he made a deal with the Harpy after a certain proposal of his was shot down.

The producers really can't win with Dany's arc. To give a lot of the moments proper weight, details need to be fleshed out more. As a fan of Dany's Meereen storyline, I feel like her story has felt rushed this year, specifically her conquest of Meereen. However it seems that a lot of fans, viewers and readers, get really frustrated with Dany's story when dragons aren't on the screen. I can't tell you how many reactions I've read that indicated a good episode... except for the Dany stuff, once again. So I guess the producers will do the bare minimum with Dany's story so they can get back to Westeros ASAP, at least until more exciting stuff happens. When we get to the Battle of Fire, I wonder how many viewers will even care.

Yeah, it's very strange... First Qarth was taken out of the picture in season two, then she got control of the Meereenese navy, and now she's stopping the Yunkai'i before they can reclaim Astapor and march to Meereen? It looks like they're taking out all the things that led up to the (second) siege of Meereen and the eventual "Battle of Fire".

Dont give up yet. The battle will be at the end of season 5 and there is still a lot that can happen to make it work on-screen.

Personally, I liked that she send Hizdar. She's the one and only master with whom she had a conclusive discussion, the only one she knows even just a little bit. And I'm looking forward to what they do with him, really curious. The actor has got me a lot intrigued on the character.

If they have the dragons flying around burning shit, I think people will care. ;) Or they'll just do as they've done with every other battle in Dany's story so far. Hint that there's going to be a big battle, switch to another scene, and come back when the battle is over without showing us any of it. If they do that for the second Siege of Meereen, I won't be pleased...

I think my only complaint with Hizdahr on the show is his unmistakable British accent. Why would a noble from Meereen have a Westerosi accent? That doesn't make sense. Then again, Missandei has a similar accent, which also doesn't make much sense.

Dont give up yet. The battle will be at the end of season 5 and there is still a lot that can happen to make it work on-screen.

Personally, I liked that she send Hizdar. She's the one and only master with whom she had a conclusive discussion, the only one she knows even just a little bit. And I'm looking forward to what they do with him, really curious. The actor has got me a lot intrigued on the character.

I wouldn't be so sure about the battle being at the end of season 5 - I think they're trying to write around the battle, and I don't necessarily think that's a bad idea. I just think there's a very small chance of them getting extra funding for another battle only one season after the Battle at the Wall, particularly when it hasn't even aired yet.

I just think there's a very small chance of them getting extra funding for another battle only one season after the Battle at the Wall, particularly when it hasn't even aired yet.

The big events for every season's episode 9 is expected by the viewers at this point. They can't afford not to have something epic happen.

The producers really can't win with Dany's arc. To give a lot of the moments proper weight, details need to be fleshed out more. As a fan of Dany's Meereen storyline, I feel like her story has felt rushed this year, specifically her conquest of Meereen. However it seems that a lot of fans, viewers and readers, get really frustrated with Dany's story when dragons aren't on the screen. I can't tell you how many reactions I've read that indicated a good episode... except for the Dany stuff, once again. So I guess the producers will do the bare minimum with Dany's story so they can get back to Westeros ASAP, at least until more exciting stuff happens. When we get to the Battle of Fire, I wonder how many viewers will even care.

People will care. Victarion (hopefully), Jorah and of course Tyrion will be there. And Barriston who I think will become another fan favorite in season 5 once he gets more screen time. It's nice to speculate right now at what is happening in Meereen but we still have episode 8 (maybe) and 10 to flesh out more details. Plus in season 5 all Dany has to do before the pit scene is marry Hizdhar and try to control the Sons of the Harpy. If the pit happens in say episode 7, 8, or 9 that leaves a lot of time for story development in Meereen.

I wouldn't be so sure about the battle being at the end of season 5 - I think they're trying to write around the battle, and I don't necessarily think that's a bad idea. I just think there's a very small chance of them getting extra funding for another battle only one season after the Battle at the Wall, particularly when it hasn't even aired yet.

I would think they would get the funding but I agree. They could easily just show skirmishes around Meereen and then show Tyrion turn over the Second Sons, Victarion landing and BOOM (John Madden voice) momentum changes and the battle is over. Don't need to spend a few million on a battle then and can use the money elsewhere.

Don't need to spend a few million on a battle then and can use the money elsewhere.

But where else are they to spend it? Other than the scene with Daenerys and Drogon, A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons are not exactly chock-full with CGI scenes.

But where else are they to spend it? Other than the scene with Daenerys and Drogon, A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons are not exactly chock-full with CGI scenes.

No clue. Just speculating if they decide not to show the battle.

Although they could use some of that money for the new cast next season. Lots of potential characters to add, but who knows.

A single line in tonight's episode got me thinking. It was the mention of the order that was given by Daenerys to send Hizdahr to Yunkia to rule in her stead.I think that this will not be a major change to the plot, as obviously he is going to have to come back at some time and marry Danny.

What this does say to me is that he is probably completely removed off the possible suspect list of the Harpy. He will not be around for the time of the mini revolts now.

Good point. But when Yunkai starts arming against her after he leaves it will raise some questions. Still you can see how that would work. She suspects almost everyone, he wasn't there and when he returns he stops the killing. Yunkai starts arming up and he says "well I didn't get to stay long enough to finish the job." Selmy is in the background being suspicious the whole time. I like it.

I can't wait for the Kingbreaker chapter.

To me Selmy is the most interesting character in orbit around Dany. And they're not using him as anything but an old guy she tells to shut up once in a while. you're grace let me help take the city - No. No man alive has won more single combats than I - Nope. From experience I can tell you that mercy would be the right move here - that's nice but we're going bloodbath.

A little bit of him being Whitebeard and showing his humbleness. A little bit of ass kicking here and there. Having him hover over her like the body guard he is. Those things would all be nice. I mean isn't he more important than Daario ultimately? And speaking of which, this guy they've got playing Daario now has no swagger. He seems like the male lead in a Sandra Bullock movie.

Hizdahr is beng sent to warn the Masters of Yunkai that if they dont surrender Dany will crucify them like she did in Mereen. He is not going to rule.

What she thinks his mission is and what HE intends to do, or will find himself able to do are 2 different things. Likely to me that Yunkai becomes a power base for him to push the marriage, and the Sons of the Harpy/terrorist/counterinsurgency angle isn't as important.

Archived