[Book Spoilers] Nitpick With Impunity

Nami

Everything bothered me about this episode minus 3 scenes

Lysa's moondoor fall was anti climatic to me. I was expecting more from that but I was sure they were gonna mess it up

Dany/Daario scene

Why isn't Tyrion letting his bitterness out now? This moment is supposed to show how full of hate Tyrion really is. But ofc he completely understood Bronn and they even shaked hands. What a nice understading guy.

Arya/guy dying conversation was so boring

What's with that scene of the Mountain killing those guys? Wtf

I'm crying over what they did with Sansa building snow Winterfell

- That Arya monologue about nothing.... my goodness was that cringeworthy. It tried way too hard to be pseudo-philosophical and deep, and just fell flat and failed.

- Brienne seems too loud and snarky. I prefer the quiet and shy book!Brienne.

- Tyrion isn't bitter enough yet. He still felt the need to be cracking little jokes with Jaime in his usual tone. Something needs to change, cause after episode 8 he's sitting out episode 9, and when we see him again in 10 he is gonna need to be very different.

- The scene between Melisandre and Selyse was kind of pointless, apart from Carice's beautiful naked body. I would have much preferred a Stannis scene.

- Jon's scene was pointless, apart from introducing Yarwyck. We get it, Alliser Thorne's an asshole.

But the worst offender of all....

Dany didn't go naked, and we didn't see the sex scene. Seriously HBO? You throw in so many pointless and gratuitous sex scenes that when one comes up that's actually relevant to the story and characters, you just essentially do a fade to black? Maybe it sounds a little pervy, but I was actually looking forward to seeing that scene. It's not as if the ladies would be annoyed either. We saw Daario take his stuff off. This episode was a very short 51 minutes, why not just include their sex scene to add another couple of minutes? Unlike the others it's actually relevant to the story and characters.

Ok, I realize that last nitpick is a bit dumb, but oh well. A man can have his hopes.

I've forgiven HBO for many things concerning the show, but hell, they didn't show DanyxDaario sex scene.

HBO literally had one job. They had always to create sex scenes if there wasn't one. But when there could be a sex scene which actually affects the plot, no, they won't do it. It would be too useful! Really, what was the showmakers thinking. They show all that craster-raping but when there could be one consensual sex scene without whores they suddenly don't do it. Apparently they don't have any idea what they're doing.

HBO literally had one job. They had always to create sex scenes if there wasn't one. But when there could be a sex scene which actually affects the plot, no, they won't do it. It would be too useful! Really, what was the showmakers thinking. They show all that craster-raping but when there could be one consensual sex scene without whores they suddenly don't do it. Apparently they don't have any idea what they're doing.

Yes, I'm not the only one that was annoyed at this! I thought I was the only one complaining about the lack of a (rather kinky) sex scene. Damn it HBO, why didn't you just do what you are so known for doing?

Everything bothered me about this episode minus 3 scenes

Lysa's moondoor fall was anti climatic to me. I was expecting more from that but I was sure they were gonna mess it up

Dany/Daario scene

Why isn't Tyrion letting his bitterness out now? This moment is supposed to show how full of hate Tyrion really is. But ofc he completely understood Bronn and they even shaked hands. What a nice understading guy.

Arya/guy dying conversation was so boring

What's with that scene of the Mountain killing those guys? Wtf

I'm crying over what they did with Sansa building snow Winterfell

Because Bronn's argument is completely logical and Tyrion knew it? They were always business partners first, friends second -- and Tyrion is bad business right now.

• Jon Snow arguing for the gate tunnels through the Wall to be sealed? He will argue tooth and nail for the opposite in the books. Also, the argument between them seemed much more about Allister Throne being mean than being right. Did not like.

Rorge and Biter. On one hand, it is interesting the show dug up some villains from the past, but then quickly disposes of them because their attempt to take down Sandor was so totally amateurish. Biter manages to teleport onto his back, but quickly gets his neck snapped. Rorge was casually stabbed by Arya. These weren't villains to chain up in a cage, but spanked.

Danaerys and Daario have no chemistry. The way Danaerys commands Daario to disrobe sounds pretty much how a general orders his aide to fetch some paperwork.

The Mountain is a villain, but even Ramsay doesn't keep people chained up to practice his swordsmanship. Because its horrible practice. You might as well use goats. Instead of having him kill unarmed peasants to show he's brutal, how about have him using his sword to chop down small trees to show off his ridiculous strength? Oberyn and Sandor pretty much covered his brutality with their monologues.

Mel takes a bath. OK, the rest of my bullet points were nitpicks. This is the scene I hated. Melisandre is doing two things. The first is appearing as a normal person to Selyse, who bathes and jokes. The second is trying to advance Selyse's appreciation of R'hollorism. These two things are completely contradictory. No one preaches from a bath tub. They at a bare minimum is a crate to stand on while fully clothed. Most preachers of any faith dress up for the occasion by wearing symbolically powerful outfits, be it a mitre or a kippah. So, we have Melisandre doing a very bad job at representing R'hollor. Selyse went there to know why Shireen had to come with them. Mel just seems to be taking Selyse for granted right now. Which just make Mel look bad at her job. I'm sure there are other reasons I hated this scene, but it just did not work for me.

The Meereen scenes are absolutely terrible. They should just start playing laughter tracks after every line someone says because apart from Jorah, it's all so wooden and terrible.

Sometimes I feel like im watching a completey different show when watching Meereen. Not a good one.

Nothing is Nothing - Arya Stark.

No shit sherlock.

:lol:

There were so many things wrong with this episode and most people will do a better job pointing those things out than me. So I just want to point out the most hilarious scene, with the cheesiest line, in this episode.

"Call me Petyr!"

I laughed so hard.

Nothing is nothing :rolleyes:

Eyrie scene was a bit underwhelming.

New!Mountain looks too nice and teddy-bearish

Meereen scenes continue to be horrible. The one time they could have included a sex scene that made sense, they don't.

The mountain scene really bugged me.

• The Mountain is a villain, but even Ramsay doesn't keep people chained up to practice his swordsmanship. Because its horrible practice. You might as well use goats. Instead of having him kill unarmed peasants to show he's brutal, how about have him using his sword to chop down small trees to show off his ridiculous strength? Oberyn and Sandor pretty much covered his brutality with their monologues.

Yea, Ramsay also kinda does his sick shit out of sight as well, like hunting girls in the woods, this seemed to be taking place in the streets of kingslanding, probably somewhere near the famous petyr brothal? christ.

And who were they anyway, peasants, criminals? it wasn't explained at all, it was just him killing random people to show off how brutal he is.

If they are peasants and petty criminals wouldn't they be more likely to be sent to the wall, instead of being given to the mountain as target practice.

So much about the scene bothers me.

Archived