TTTNE 428 : The RhaenysBalerion Appreciation Thread

N/A

It's so beautiful! Thank you for sharing! (and I actually love the mountains)

Oh the mountains were the best part for me too :) I'm glad I saw the city but next time I want to go camping during winter and go drive around more :)

Koba, I have always meant to ask. Is Dubai as strictly Islam (At least I think its Islam I mean) as I have heard? Or is that more in other areas? I only ask because some of the things I have read (when doing Development in Geography) made me curious to ask

UAE is Islamic country but they have around 76% of foreigners living here. They are not citizens they only have residence visas and a lot of them are Christians. Official religion is Islam and official language is Arabic but I don't know the word of it and I I practically don't need it cause everyone talks English all the time. We had day off for both Easter and Christmas.

UAE is Islamic country but they have around 76% of foreigners living here. They are not citizens they only have residence visas and a lot of them are Christians. Official religion is Islam and official language is Arabic but I don't know the word of it and I I practically don't need it cause everyone talks English all the time. We had day off for both Easter and Christmas.

Thank you :) :cheers: I'm off to check the daye on that textbook now, because if its recent it LIED to me :angry: :read:

I just want to say that I could have truly made that cake! I love making fancy cakes! Here are some of the cakes I did for Alex's birthdays.

I actually put the candles in the "cannons" on the pirate cake...it was very cool

Oh, you didn't make the walrus cake? I thought you did (but I had my doubts, because you'd be a very busy woman if you'd bake cakes for every poster with a birthday :P). The cakes in those pictures look great though.

Oh, you didn't make the walrus cake? I thought you did (but I had my doubts, because you'd be a very busy woman if you'd bake cakes for every poster with a birthday :P). The cakes in those pictures look great though.

:lol: I wondered when I saw your comment. (that is what actually inspired me to post this)

I did however use paint to change the name on the happy birthday flag ;)

:lol: I wondered when I saw your comment. (that is what actually inspired me to post this)

I did however use paint to change the name on the happy birthday flag ;)

Yes, I just noticed that. :) Would've been odd if it said, "Happy birthday, Herbert!" or something of the like.

Happy Birthday Wally!! (I posted the big one on your birthday thread last night).

Today is the 25th anniversary of my marriage to Mrs.Chicken, the second best day of my life (see if you can guess the best ;) ).

House keeping note: I'll be away from my computer June 1 to June 7. Mrs.Chicken and I will be at her family's place on the coast. We have a long list of maintenance items to do on the dear old place (been in her fam. since 1933). If I get around to it I'll post some pictures of the place before we go (also some yard pics from here - I took a bunch Sunday. Now I have to put them onto the photo share site . . . it's always something! ;) ).

Hello,Herzen,get better soon :grouphug:

Hmmm I don't know why it's not working now,I did the same thing like last time. Here try this.

Hello lovely people!!! Hot day today in Dubai...45 degrees and rising...

Thanks for the pictures and your answers to Helena. Those are questions I've been meaning to ask (yes there are some I still have not asked! ;) ). Seriously? Not a word of Arabic? None of your co-workers are Arabic?

Mordor is right! Holy cow, that looks inhospitable. My bro just sent me a bunch of pics from his recent hikes in southern Utah with my sis. That is arid & parched and all, but it looks like Eden compared to Oman. wow. Nice pic of you too Koba. :)

Koba, I have always meant to ask. Is Dubai as strictly Islam (At least I think its Islam I mean) as I have heard? Or is that more in other areas? I only ask because some of the things I have read (when doing Development in Geography) made me curious to ask

Good questions!

Excellent. And good answers too.

I just want to say that I could have truly made that cake! I love making fancy cakes! Here are some of the cakes I did for Alex's birthdays.

I actually put the candles in the "cannons" on the pirate cake...it was very cool

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Lany . . .

you

are

so

talented!

How can you not have a job? Bunch of sexist & ageist lunkheads doing the hiring?

@FOMN: Hi! Hope you're well?

So, I'll still be around till Saturday, OK?

Happy Birthday Wally!! (I posted the big one on your birthday thread last night).

Today is the 25th anniversary of my marriage to Mrs.Chicken, the second best day of my life (see if you can guess the best ;) ).

Chickie's birthday?

Congrats on 25 years! That is truly awesome!

have a good time and safe travels!

I look forward to the pictures!

Thank you. I am actually rather overqualified for most of the jobs that are available :( I think the fear is that I would leave them first chance I got.

ok :)

Hullo, people!

You know I lurked you lot from phone while I was away :smug: so, for the sake of surprise, I know what's going on :smug: Can't decide if Oman or the Cake Diaries look more amazing, Lany, why don't you have a bake shop, you are such a talent! And Koba, glad to hear you had a great time! Also happy bday Wally! But I'll hit his bday thread later anyways. Congrats to HC and LadyO on the wedding anniversaries.

As for that toothbrush thing, travel size toothbrush and toothpaste save lots of space in the toiletries' bag I always pack crammed with stuff, a full sized toothpaste is a waste of space for two nights. As for the brush, it happened to me more than once that I took my regular toothbrush along forgot to bring it home (because I'm an idiot like that) and had no replacement at home. Very annoying. If I lose a travel toothbrush, it's just meh.

So the weekend trip was actually kinda fun. Pretty tiring, because I'm not normally used to hiking after 5 hours of sleep and the weather was kinda funky too, because it was 30+°C on Saturday, but we ended up having to terminate the barbecue around 2am, because it started raining and there was a huge storm at night with lightning, thunder and everything else you need for a summer night storm. But it was pretty cool, I don't remember eating this much in a very long time... I consumed like... 4000 calories. At least. And we wondered why we still weren't tipsy even after the 5th shot of schnaps. Then we had another 5 hours of sleep. Sunday was probably even worse weather-wise, because there was hail and cloud-burst in one town, sunshine and 32°C in the next and so on while we were driving home in the afternoon. After getting home (=my hometown, because it was EU elections day) and voting I finally had the FIRST smoothie+sunbathing+magazine time of the summer. *.*

And now, yet again, I should be washing my hair and getting ready...

Hope you guys are all right :grouphug:

Just a flyby to wish Wally a happy birthday. :grouphug: :kiss:

Gotta get ready for PT. I'll catch up later.

Good luck with the PT :grouphug:

Hullo, people!

You know I lurked you lot from phone while I was away :smug: so, for the sake of surprise, I know what's going on :smug: Can't decide if Oman or the Cake Diaries look more amazing, Lany, why don't you have a bake shop, you are such a talent! And Koba, glad to hear you had a great time! Also happy bday Wally! But I'll hit his bday thread later anyways. Congrats to HC and LadyO on the wedding anniversaries.

As for that toothbrush thing, travel size toothbrush and toothpaste save lots of space in the toiletries' bag I always pack crammed with stuff, a full sized toothpaste is a waste of space for two nights. As for the brush, it happened to me more than once that I took my regular toothbrush along forgot to bring it home (because I'm an idiot like that) and had no replacement at home. Very annoying. If I lose a travel toothbrush, it's just meh.

So the weekend trip was actually kinda fun. Pretty tiring, because I'm not normally used to hiking after 5 hours of sleep and the weather was kinda funky too, because it was 30+°C on Saturday, but we ended up having to terminate the barbecue around 2am, because it started raining and there was a huge storm at night with lightning, thunder and everything else you need for a summer night storm. But it was pretty cool, I don't remember eating this much in a very long time... I consumed like... 4000 calories. At least. And we wondered why we still weren't tipsy even after the 5th shot of schnaps. Then we had another 5 hours of sleep. Sunday was probably even worse weather-wise, because there was hail and cloud-burst in one town, sunshine and 32°C in the next and so on while we were driving home in the afternoon. After getting home (=my hometown, because it was EU elections day) and voting I finally had the FIRST smoothie+sunbathing+magazine time of the summer. *.*

And now, yet again, I should be washing my hair and getting ready...

Hope you guys are all right :grouphug:

Sounds very tiring, yet a lot of fun :)

Startup costs are a big part of it...and then I would have to have enough business to support the family and I am not sure that would work for now. If I was retired and didn't have a mortgage, I would consider doing it.

I have a clothing dilemma thread up in Gen Chat. Please help me. :)

Dire wolves weren't really all that big. I was a bit surprised. But the sloths were HUGE!

I know right? That was actually the answer to a pub quiz question last week (which I got because I'm awesome.) #humble

GRRM may have made his Direwolves slightly bigger than they were. :P

There were also enormous sharks.

Giant Crocodiles.

And of course even bigger bears.

And then there's this monster.

I know right? That was actually the answer to a pub quiz question last week (which I got because I'm awesome.) #humble

GRRM may have made his Direwolves slightly bigger than they were. :P

There were also enormous sharks.

Giant Crocodiles.

And of course even bigger bears.

And then there's this monster.

Nicely done on the pub quiz. I couldn't believe how huge those things were :o

Only thing worse than a ceiling cat is a ceiling sabor toothed cat.

Here is a shirt vid on the tar pits http://www.history.com/topics/us-states/california/videos/rancho-la-brea-tar-pits

I'm a little embarrassed that I've lived here for over a decade and never been before yesterday!

HAPPY 25th ANNIVERSARY HC!!!!!!!

:commie: :cheers: :commie:

Ok, hear me out here taters. I think I'm misunderstanding something. You said you understood why the gunman targeted blond women (which I took as a bit of dark humor) and then you also said that blond women are demonic witches (and this is apparently scary to you). Hidden stigmatization.

Got it.

Now here is the part in which I am thoroughly confused. Way back when you posted a pic of baby Tot with your mom or aunt (that was you that posted the pic right? Maybe it wasn't?). To me it appeared that both baby Tot and mom were blonde. Or blondish.

Either way, I'm kinda hurt that you hate me by default I'm just a cute little chunky hobbit full of love

Take your papa out to lunch or dinner and spend time with him. That's really all parents ever want

I have some pics for you guys once I lay my hands on my laptop.

We went to the Tar Pits and saw Dire Wolves!!!! And then we went to LACMA and saw an awesome painting that I will share with you.

Dire wolves weren't really all that big. I was a bit surprised. But the sloths were HUGE!

Eta:

This is some special SPAM for you :D

And here are the Dire Wolves:

One, Two and Three

Well yeah that was supposed to be humor ...

No , I meant that I imagine demonic witches as blonde women , no particular reason . Same as someone would imagine a unicorn as white .

Yes I remember posting that , it was my aunt btw (my mother has coal black hair , a bit of grey now ) and yes I was born blonde but by the time I turned 3 it had darkened almost completely , on a sunny day you could see a hint of golden highlights but it's dark brown now . Same with my eyes , blue at birth , now they're mostly dark .

Hate you by default ? Come on ! Blondes are way way down on my hate'o meter , it's just cartoon related split second weirdness :p Brits are way higher on the hate'o meter and you me loves Helena ... so yes , me likes you hobbit!:grouphug:

Thanks for the suggestions guys . I think I did something good , my grandfather had an old pocket watch that he gave to me , it was broken and didn't work but still looked cool , anyway I had it fixed a few months back and didn't know what to do with it ... well I think I found its purpose, I'm giving it to my dad .

That must have been fun !

Well , if you're interested I could give you some answers , being a Muslim and speaking Arabic , I've been almost everywhere in the middle east . But you really shouldn't measure anything to the UAE , much less to a single city and province (Dubai) like koba said , the UAE has a very small population of natives , and their citizenship law is very strict (most countries in the gulf do have strict citizenship laws) there is bo such thing as true immigration there , the only way to become a citizen is to either marry a citizen or be the child of a citizen. Birth and duration of living do not matter . If you're looking for a country with an entirely Muslim population, KSA is the place . 99% of the population . But then again there are 8 million people of foreign labor .

HC , about not needing a word of Arabic, that's purely and only in the UAE .

Happy anniversary HC :cheers: 25 years wow , awesome ! My parents' next anniversary is their 28th but you're way older than my dad .

Shit I lost Rhae's quote :(

Happy anniversary HC! :cheers:

Also, I fucking love Oscar Wilde:

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

― Oscar Wilde

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”

― Oscar Wilde

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

― Oscar Wilde, The Happy Prince and Other Stories

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”

― Oscar Wilde

“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”

― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan

“If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.”

― Oscar Wilde

“It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.”

― Oscar Wilde

“The truth is rarely pure and never simple.”

― Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

“The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame.”

― Oscar Wilde

“Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”

― Oscar Wilde, The Critic as Artist

“Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.”

― Oscar Wilde

“I don't want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there.”

― Oscar Wilde

“A good friend will always stab you in the front.”

― Oscar Wilde

“Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.”

― Oscar Wilde

“I am not young enough to know everything.”

― Oscar Wilde

“Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.”

― Oscar Wilde

Well yeah that was supposed to be humor ...

No , I meant that I imagine demonic witches as blonde women , no particular reason . Same as someone would imagine a unicorn as white .

Yes I remember posting that , it was my aunt btw (my mother has coal black hair , a bit of grey now ) and yes I was born blonde but by the time I turned 3 it had darkened almost completely , on a sunny day you could see a hint of golden highlights but it's dark brown now . Same with my eyes , blue at birth , now they're mostly dark .

Hate you by default ? Come on ! Blondes are way way down on my hate'o meter , it's just cartoon related split second weirdness :p Brits are way higher on the hate'o meter and you me loves Helena ... so yes , me likes you hobbit!:grouphug:

Thanks for the suggestions guys . I think I did something good , my grandfather had an old pocket watch that he gave to me , it was broken and didn't work but still looked cool , anyway I had it fixed a few months back and didn't know what to do with it ... well I think I found its purpose, I'm giving it to my dad .

That must have been fun !

Well , if you're interested I could give you some answers , being a Muslim and speaking Arabic , I've been almost everywhere in the middle east . But you really shouldn't measure anything to the UAE , much less to a single city and province (Dubai) like koba said , the UAE has a very small population of natives , and their citizenship law is very strict (most countries in the gulf do have strict citizenship laws) there is bo such thing as true immigration there , the only way to become a citizen is to either marry a citizen or be the child of a citizen. Birth and duration of living do not matter . If you're looking for a country with an entirely Muslim population, KSA is the place . 99% of the population . But then again there are 8 million people of foreign labor .

HC , about not needing a word of Arabic, that's purely and only in the UAE .

Happy anniversary HC :cheers: 25 years wow , awesome ! My parents' next anniversary is their 28th but you're way older than my dad .

Shit I lost Rhae's quote :(

Thank you Potato - I knew I wasn't understanding that correctly! So you started off Lannister and became Baratheon? I started off Lannister and became Tyrell :D

This entire time I thought Helena was in Germany :blushing: :dunce:

Lany - I think I'm going to make the civilized caveman banana bread tonight (ripe bananas need mashing!) have you baked it before? I'm not so sure about using sun butter :uhoh:

Happy anniversary HC! :cheers:

Also, I fucking love Oscar Wilde:

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

― Oscar Wilde

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”

― Oscar Wilde

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

― Oscar Wilde, The Happy Prince and Other Stories

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”

― Oscar Wilde

“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”

― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan

“If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.”

― Oscar Wilde

“It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.”

― Oscar Wilde

“The truth is rarely pure and never simple.”

― Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

“The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame.”

― Oscar Wilde

“Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”

― Oscar Wilde, The Critic as Artist

“Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.”

― Oscar Wilde

“I don't want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there.”

― Oscar Wilde

“A good friend will always stab you in the front.”

― Oscar Wilde

“Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.”

― Oscar Wilde

“I am not young enough to know everything.”

― Oscar Wilde

“Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.”

― Oscar Wilde

I love these! it would make such an awesome theme!

Lany - I think I'm going to make the civilized caveman banana bread tonight (ripe bananas need mashing!) have you baked it before? I'm not so sure about using sun butter :uhoh:

I haven't yet. I am not even sure what sun butter is (can't you just use regular butter?)

Archived