CRACKPOT* Jaime and Cersei

I wonder how they will prove that? And who would reveal it?

And even better: Who would believe them?

And would that make their love less wrong? I mean they would be just half siblings. Half the siblings, half the shame?

Sorry, I know that such things are well possible, but how would it change the story?

It could go something like this:

From the memoirs of Joanna Lannister

It was a rainy day when the King, Tywin and I decided to have a threesome. We first decided to do it in the Iron Throne but it was too pointy so we ended up at the Hand's chambers in the Red Keep. At some point Tywin got tired of the King shouting "Dracarys! Dracarys" and went to the kitchen. He broke his fast with a quick sandwich he made. He added butter, honey and blackberry preserves, a rasher of bacon and a soft-boiled egg, a wedge of cheese and drunk a cup of a mint tea to quench his thirst. "The Lannisters always pay their debts" he said when he returned to the bed and joined does once more.

BTW, sorry for writing this.

• 1 month later...

I suppose it's technically possible if Aerys has sex with Joanna immediately after Tywin, but why do I doubt that?

Not immediately after. If she had sex with both of them within the space or five days, she could be mother fraternal twins with each as a father of one. It's highly unlikely, and I don't think any of Tywin's children are Aerys' bastards, but he wouldn't need to have sex with her immediately after Tywin does for it to be possible.

One small thing, they are identical twins, Cercei says many times that they switched places as children and no one knew the difference. Crackpot indeed.

You know it is impossible for them to be identical twins.

They just look extremely alike. Not that that would make the theory more credible.

You know it is impossible for them to be identical twins.

They just look extremely alike. Not that that would make the theory more credible.

Yeah it is impossible to be identical, the bits between the legs are different. However the odds are they are Monozygotic twins, which is the term for twins formed from a single egg that splits. If they had two different fathers they would have different genetic structure and it would be nearly impossible for them to look so much alike as children that they would be mistaken for each other.

They cannot be from one egg. Not because of the theory or something, but the sperm. It is either a sperm with a x chromosome or a y one.

This is why there cannot be identical twins by genetics. From the looks..well that is easy. But they cannot be identical in terms of being from the same egg.

In that case they would have to be both male or female.

And it also is impossible that one of the split twins could suddenly become hermaphrodite and change its sex into another one, cause they both have the same genetics .... so the other one would also change its sex.

But twins looking alike like nothing, even with different sexes, is possible. And literature plays with that and makes it even stronger.

Biologically possible but somehow I doubt people in Westeros would know it is.

Well, in the greek mith there are plenty of cases of twins, one born of the husband of the mother, and the other from a god.

And Westeros has probably a couple of thousands years more of technology compared to the time the micenean miths were invented on our Earth.

Why shouldn't they presume that?

Archived