NHL 2014-15 - The Puck Drops Here

Jabronius Maximus

:laugh:

Must have been fun for the Florida players...

What's sad is the Oilers have arguably been worse than the Panthers the last few years, but sell out consistently. Personally if I go to oilers games, it is to watch any visiting superstars. I'm part of a minority, though - many fans here eat up the hype and marketing that Lowe and Co spit out. I'm much more jaded.

What's sad is the Oilers have arguably been worse than the Panthers the last few years, but sell out consistently. Personally if I go to oilers games, it is to watch any visiting superstars. I'm part of a minority, though - many fans here eat up the hype and marketing that Lowe and Co spit out. I'm much more jaded.

Pretty much goes for all the Canadian teams and some American ones (Philly as an example).

I'm a Leafs fan, a team that has been horrible yet tickets still sell out.

Couple years ago Florida had a deal 2 tickets, 2 hot dogs, 2 drinks, free parking....for 19.99$. Crappy Leafs tickets for the top row is more expensive than that.

Even when Florida is good though, they aren't something people want to watch.

Pretty much goes for all the Canadian teams and some American ones (Philly as an example).

I'm a Leafs fan, a team that has been horrible yet tickets still sell out.

Couple years ago Florida had a deal 2 tickets, 2 hot dogs, 2 drinks, free parking....for 19.99$. Crappy Leafs tickets for the top row is more expensive than that.

Even when Florida is good though, they aren't something people want to watch.

Well I mean all the Canadian teams have a strong tradition, and have had major success (one or more cups) back in the day, so I guess they will sell out regardless. The one team that hasn't been as successful (comparatively), the Canucks, seem to lose attendance when things aren't going so well. I'm not sure about the Jets yet, I guess we'll see once those season tickets are up for renewal.

Eta: wow that is a steal of a deal. Hockey, food, parking for $20? I'd jump all over that if a team like the Pens, Hawks or Ducks was visiting.

Jets season tickets have already been up for renewal. It's not the hot ticket it used to be but they still sell out every game. The waiting list for season tickets is still substantial, as from what I hear the first renewals went quite well.

First impressions of the season so far, the Jets are quite ordinary in comparison to the Kings and Sharks. At least, the goaltending is ordinary, and would need to improve or upgrade if they have any hope of proving people wrong about their chances this year. *sigh*

Mike Cammalerri with 4 goals in his first 3 games as a Devil. He's looking like a great pick-up so far. Devils did a good job at shutting down Stamkos too, he had a career high 12 shots the night before.

DeBoer just recently said how similar he is to Parise, and I don't disagree (although he's a bit older and slower). In that sense it's easy to see how he fits in so well with NJ. Parise did leave behind a big void.

And I guess it's the same old for the Oilers. At one point they had 2 shots compared to 3 goals by LA. I just can't help but laugh at this team. But I can't stop watching. I need help.

Neal has been great but the surprise for me has been Filip Forsberg. A kid we got when we traded Erat to Washington a couple years back. He's been immense. Played himself onto the first line.

I see Hornqvist has been doing okay so far in Pitt :) makes me happy

Yeah I remember that trade...even back then the general consensus was that the Caps lost that one. Now it looks like they got straight up robbed. I'm still waiting for Colin Wilson to break through though. He was one of my favorite players to watch when he played at BU, and I always thought he'd be a star level player at some point. Seems like that optimism might be misplaced...

Archived