NHL 2014-15 - The Puck Drops Here

Jabronius Maximus

I gotta get to some Devils games... I'm a transplanted NYer, and as such, a Rangers fan... but I'm a Hockey fan first, and I'm married to a Canadian... and the prudential Center is really easy for me to get to...

I'd like to get to the Prudential Center some time. I've heard it's s great arena. I'm a Devils fan, but I live in Ohio. I have to settle for Nationwide Arena in Columbus.

I saw the Devils/Jets game on tv last night, and I was astonished at all of the empty seats. It looked like they were in Miami or something. It's one thing if the Jets aren't the hottest ticket in cities, but that place looked empty.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm catching Saturday night hockey for the first time all season and..um..HNIC..just uh..hm.

I don't hate Strombo. I think he's great in that music/pop culture scene thing but hockey? I just don't get it.

And I haven't really found any positive statements on it.

Re: the Prudential Center - the Rock is easily the best arena I've been to in the NHL. Atmosphere's better a lot of places (Shark Tank, United Center, MSG) but the Rock is a great rink.

Hell of a HoF class inducted last night. Hasek, Modano, Forsberg, Blake, and Pat Burns.

Hasek was easily my favorite non Devil ever. I loved watching him play. He was the most entertaining part of a lot of the games he played in. And for a goalie, that says a lot.

Modano, probably the best American player ever.

Forsberg was miles ahead of everyone else in his prime. A truly dominant player for a time. If not for injuries, his numbers would have been way higher.

Glad Pat Burns finally went in. It was long overdue. Over 500 wins as a head coach, 3 Jack Adams awards, and a Stanley Cup.

Archived