NHL 2014-15 - The Puck Drops Here

Jabronius Maximus

doughty! screw subban Keith(?). Best defenseman in the league

Drew is the best, but let's be real Subban hasn't reached his ceiling yet. There are 3-4 guys ahead of him. But it's crazy to think PK's the same age as Drew...

(I think Subban started a bit later, but still that just shows what a freak Drew is)

Even though he can be a major hardass if things go sour, I'd say Therrien. He seems to get the most out of his roster, wherever he's coaching. His teams rarely underachieve. And let's face it, despite being fired in '09, that winning Pens team was basically his.

I was gonna say Trotz but he rarely has had a roster capable of doing serious damage in the playoffs (and when he has, in 06 and 07, he lost to the Sharks). So there is a bit of uncertainty there. Yes he hasn't had the players, but we haven't seen what he can do if he did have a contending roster.

Quick question, say you had to pick one of these four coaches to coach your team

Trotz

Vigneault

Therrien

Boudreau

Who do you pick?

I always thought Vigneault was a pretty good coach. I remember the season where he coached for the Manitoba Moose. He did a pretty good job with what he had, and made the AHL somewhat interesting to follow for a time. Those Canucks were quite strong throughout his tenure there, and were it not for a nervous goalie, likely would have won the Cup against Boston in '11. Sure he never actually won a Cup, but he got a lot closer than Trotz or Boudreau.

Archived