My Theory On Aegon Vi (Young Griff)

Justin Amey

I'm inventing scenarios? :dunno: Well.....um....... :dunno: ........um...... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Good one.

My thing is I'm just making sense of Aegon's story to Tyrion (yes a very simple one, but one that no one believes) I didn't think I was making up anymore scenarios compared to all the other one that's one

Read what I cited. You'll need less smileys.

• 1 month later...

personally i'm still not sure what to think of the whole aegon/faegon thing, but from a narrative perspective i would like him to be real. looking at danys character development it would be interesting to see how she reacts when it is revealed to her that she is supposed to marry aegon who would rule then. so far her claim was undisputed, she has dragons and she has earned a reputation as a conqueror and leader and was determined to get the throne. now there comes a boy with a sellsword army that was given to him, who was protected and taken care of for his entire life, trying to impress dany by storming a castle (which must seem like a joke to her), but who comes with a better claim and expects her to become his queen.

can you imagine dany would back down?

so if aegon is fake it would seem like a cheap solution for a moral dilemma that would occur if she doesn't. getting rid of a pretender is nothing special, even if he is a blackfyre. there would be no internal conflict for the character (dany), which is what grrm always says he is writing about. aegon being real would lead to this conflict as still pursuing the IT for herself would mean to go against her own family and would be wrong "by rights" (and by the very same rights her own claim is based on!). so she could never justify that, but it is what she desires.

we already saw that jon having to make a similiar decision when he received the pink letter.

"Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. And you. A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of all."

The true and false dragons are hotly debated, but what about the bright and dark. More importantly, to me, is the 《old and young》. Young dragons I see; Dany and her dragons, Aegon VI, possibly Jon, (although he is a Stark of the old gods through and through). What old dragons are still around?

The only old dragons I know of that still live are Bloodraven and (possibly) dragons from Asshai that Bran saw stirring in his coma dream/vision quest.

Does anyone have any ideas or theories on this subject?

"Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. And you. A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of all."

The true and false dragons are hotly debated, but what about the bright and dark. More importantly, to me, is the 《old and young》. Young dragons I see; Dany and her dragons, Aegon VI, possibly Jon, (although he is a Stark of the old gods through and through). What old dragons are still around?

The only old dragons I know of that still live are Bloodraven and (possibly) dragons from Asshai that Bran saw stirring in his coma dream/vision quest.

Does anyone have any ideas or theories on this subject?

Aemon, at the time, may have been alive.

That is true. Aemon may still be alive at that time. He did encourage Sam to tell the tale at the Citadel which led Marwyn to take flight eastward to Dany. Indirect yet connected.

Bloodraven is on naturaficial life support, faint and fading fast. I don't know that he will be around much longer, but he might survive till the end.

Still, I don't see how they would be involved in the Dance with Aegon, whether real or fake, except through proxy.

Still, I don't see how they would be involved in the Dance with Aegon, whether real or fake, except through proxy.

He doesn't have to be involved in the Dance, he just has to be in Moqorro's vision for some reason. And he was important, maybe the place and manner of his death is also important.

• 2 months later...

All i know is in the end we gotta have a child for Ashara and we gotta have a Blackfyre pop up, i wan't Aegon to be a Blackfyre it would be a good twist

No it's not a good plot twist. R+L=J is a good plot twist because Jon snow has been in the books since the beginning, Aegon coming in at the 5th book, and ousted as a fake in book 6 or 7 isn't a good twist, that is just a waste of time.

• 2 weeks later...

The GC welcomed Jon Connington (and presumably his fellow Targ loyalists) into their company. And at least Jon Connington rose up to a pretty senior rank. So it seems like they have no issue with Targs at the time of Robs Rebellion.

By the time Aegon is of age, I would imagine a lot of GC leaders would be ex-Targ loyalists. These chaps are probably either sympathetic towards the Targ cause, or at least not opposed to them. And their overwhelming desire is to go home to their lands with honor.

So yes, it’s quite possible that the GC are ready to follow the Targs back home.

Rhaegar's son is about a year old when KL falls to Ned and Tywin's forces. Jon Snow is only just being born around that time.

I don't think you could swap one for the other and convince anyone the newborn was the 1 year old or the other way around.

If you expect Elia and both her children to be killed, you could substitute some other 1 year old for Aegon and even if it doesn't get its face bashed in, who, among those who knew the kid, would be left alive to get a good enough look at the corpse to be able to say "That's not him", and if there were such a person, why would they give it away?

And if the substitution is figured out, it's too late, the real Aegon has already been spirited away.

If Aegon the most recent was swapped for a child of Ned and Ashara, then Ned must never have known about the child, because I can't see him not thinking about a son of his having been killed by the Lannister forces at what he would no doubt be sure was Tywin's behest.

A mummer's dragon is not a real dragon that belongs to a mummer. Anyone in the books with occasion to use that phrase knows perfectly well that it's a stage prop very similar to those things you see in Chinatown parades made out of paper mache and with a bunch of people underneath holding it up with sticks.

If someone wanted to specifically refer to a real dragon (that is, a Targaryeon) "belonging" to Varys, wouldn't they say The Spider's Dragon, or The Eunuch's Dragon?

Whether that has anything to do with Young Griff or not I have no idea.

Rhaegar's son is about a year old when KL falls to Ned and Tywin's forces. Jon Snow is only just being born around that time.

I don't think you could swap one for the other and convince anyone the newborn was the 1 year old or the other way around.

If you expect Elia and both her children to be killed, you could substitute some other 1 year old for Aegon and even if it doesn't get its face bashed in, who, among those who knew the kid, would be left alive to get a good enough look at the corpse to be able to say "That's not him", and if there were such a person, why would they give it away?

And if the substitution is figured out, it's too late, the real Aegon has already been spirited away.

If Aegon the most recent was swapped for a child of Ned and Ashara, then Ned must never have known about the child, because I can't see him not thinking about a son of his having been killed by the Lannister forces at what he would no doubt be sure was Tywin's behest.

A mummer's dragon is not a real dragon that belongs to a mummer. Anyone in the books with occasion to use that phrase knows perfectly well that it's a stage prop very similar to those things you see in Chinatown parades made out of paper mache and with a bunch of people underneath holding it up with sticks.

If someone wanted to specifically refer to a real dragon (that is, a Targaryeon) "belonging" to Varys, wouldn't they say The Spider's Dragon, or The Eunuch's Dragon?

Whether that has anything to do with Young Griff or not I have no idea.

The people of westeros refer to Varys as a spider or Eunuch, the people that gave the warning is of essos, and in Essos his first career was a Mummer.

Archived