Small questions v.10082

Angalin

Apparently, along with Rosby, it's the Crownlands' breadbasket. Before the Tyrells switched their allegiance during Clash, a large portion of the capitol's food was brought from Castle Stokeworth's lands. So in times of crisis, its importance might become greater. But from the way other characters treat the current generation of Stokeworths I doubt they have a lot of real power. That might be because of the head of the house being an older woman with a lackwit daughter though.

As with all Crownlands Houses, their power in terms of militay force is probably very limited. As stated above however, they are a very important food supplier for the Crownlands, at least in times of conflict. Its also worth noting that House Rosby (or Lord Gyles at least) is supposed to be extremely rich, despite having only a small amount of land, and rather poor holdings if Brienne's travels are any indicator.

Tl;dr - Stokesworths are good food providers but hardly a force to be reckoned with

ETA: On the subject of House Stokesworth, I looked on the wiki and noticed that Falyse and Lollys' father isn't listed as commander of the City Watch, just a member of their House. Am I misremembering, because I though Cersei said he was the former LC of the City Watch?

If a user of the wiki cannot be found on the forum with their wiki-username, does that mean that they have changed their usedname since joining the forum? And is there any other way to contact them than placing something on their talk page?

Yeah that's probably what happened. You can check individual people's name history on here but I don't know of a way to search old usernames.

Is there another Snow in the Night's watch besides Jon?

I don't think any are mentioned, but it's too common a word to do an effective search. The wiki only lists four Snows and Jon is the only one in the Nights Watch.

Is there another Snow in the Night's watch besides Jon?

None, it seems. But most of the members just don't have family name. However, they have/had Donnel Hill, Cotter Pyke, Rusty Flowers, Tim Stone, Bynden Rivers, and Lucamore Strong, so there are/were other acknowledged bastards.

None, it seems. But most of the members just don't have family name. However, they have/had Donnel Hill, Cotter Pyke, Rusty Flowers, Tim Stone, Bynden Rivers, and Lucamore Strong, so there are/were other acknowledged bastards.

I'm confused why Strong is on your list, that's not a bastard name.

I'm confused why Strong is on your list, that's not a bastard name.

I've got confused by this passage in the TPatQ: "Our uncle calls us Strongs, and claims that we are bastards" . So I thought that Strong is a kind of bastard name...

Thanks for the answers. I figured as much, but found it weird that there is not a single lord or lordling bastard from the North on the wall.

there will be another one soon, Ramsay :)

Reminds me: do we know what happened to Stonesnake? I think Rattleshirt didn't list him among the hunted-down members of their party.

He's missing. Like Benjen. And many others, unfortunately.

I've got confused by this passage in the TPatQ: "Our uncle calls us Strongs, and claims that we are bastards" . So I thought that Strong is a kind of bastard name...

Oh, the Strongs were an now extinct house in the Riverlands, they once held Harrenhal. Rhaenyra's husband was homosexual and it was rumored her actual lover was Harwin Strong. So many people thought her kids were actually his bastards and not trueborn sons.

Oh, the Strongs were an now extinct house in the Riverlands, they once held Harrenhal. Rhaenyra's husband was homosexual and it was rumored her actual lover was Harwin Strong. So many people thought her kids were actually his bastards and not trueborn sons.

But if they are bastards of Rhaenyra and Harwin Strong, they cannot be called Strong because they are bastards...ah, nevermind, too confusing. But thanks!

But if they are bastards of Rhaenyra and Harwin Strong, they cannot be called Strong because they are bastards...ah, nevermind, too confusing. But thanks!

That is true, but I think he was listing two ways that Aegon and Aemond mocked them. By calling them Strongs sometimes and other times calling them bastards.

Archived