House Martell vs House Tyrell

Fireandblood94

It didn't start with the Willas-Oberyn incident. After all, Oberyn and Willas are ok. It's just that since the families don't usually like each other, people suspect Obertin did it on purpose. It has historical roots and it's probably about border conflicts.

And I prefer Martells. Tyrells are just ass kissing upstarts.

I like the Tyrells. They have all the skills necessary to play the game of thrones . . . except patience. They've picked the wrong side twice[/quot

Who's to say they won't change sides for a third time? They've no love for the Lannisters .... Growing Strong after all

The two Houses have a historic animosity because of the Dornish-Reach border wars, especially under the Targs while Dorne was still independent. The Tyrells were made Wardens of the South to counter the Martells after all. The Oberyn-Willas spat only revived and enflamed those feelings

Oberyn > all Tyrells, but after that every Tyrell > every Martel except maybe Alleras.

I pretty much agree. I can't even bother to remember the names of the Sand Snakes and Arianne is just a watered down version of Asha Greyjoy. But Doran, while being a bore compared to his brother, is still cooler than Mace. How Mace ever spawned fighters like Loras and Garlan is beyond me

Tyrell > Martell.

Martell haven't actually accomplished anything. We heard so much about Oberyns amazing battle skill, and well, you know the rest...

Tyrell on the other hand are politically very smart and have gained themselves a lot of power throughout the series. I also think Loras, Garlan and Randyll Tarly could take Oberyn.

The two Houses have a historic animosity because of the Dornish-Reach border wars, especially under the Targs while Dorne was still independent. The Tyrells were made Wardens of the South to counter the Martells after all. The Oberyn-Willas spat only revived and enflamed those feelings

I pretty much agree. I can't even bother to remember the names of the Sand Snakes and Arianne is just a watered down version of Asha Greyjoy. But Doran, while being a bore compared to his brother, is still cooler than Mace. How Mace ever spawned fighters like Loras and Garlan is beyond me

My thing on Mace us that the only 2 people who actually think he's an idiot are 2 women who pretty much think all men are idiots. I agree he hasn't particularly impressed, but given his kids I'm assuming he's a bit better than advertised.

Archived