Arya in TWOW Arya is in BIG trouble... (Mercy chapter spoilers)

Mdoggy

In the Mercy chapter, Mercy kills Raff the sweetling. I highly doubt Mercy was suposed to give the gift to Raff because Faceless Men do not give the gift to people they know.

When Arya killed Dareon, the kindly man blinded her. This was part of her training and punishment. She redeemed herself in the eyes of the kindly man and he has even been allowed to visit theur secret face collection.

Now she has messed things up again. She killed Raff out of vengeance. I see Arya's days with the faceless men ending.

She is going to be in big trouble because the first time she could claim she didn't know any better but now..

Im scared for her. I doubt the Faceless men will let her walk away with knowledge about how they change their appearance and she has messed up too many times....

Anyone else have the same thought?

I know what you mean and long can he go on being kindly to her?

The only other thing I can think of since he seems to know her thoughts is that they going to break a long tradition with her and let her go to do her own thing with the condition that she takes on a job or jobs?

I hope she has some kind of plan to deal with the aftermath. Killing a guard of a royal envoy could have some major consequences. But I never viewed the glass of milk as punishment. If anything it was a reward, she got put on the fast track. Remember when she first got there,there was another blind acolyte so this was part of her training no matter what

Nothing is going to happen to Arya other then have to explain how she seduced Raff too follow her and how she delivered the gift of death on Raff and got rid of the body with out being seened. Most likely the FM will point out the manner of the kill and any mistakes Arya may of done pointing out any loose ends that Arya left.

I think this is a turning point, and she'll be out of the FM and on a boat for westeros by the first quarter of wow. I don't think she'll be kicked out exactly, but, perhaps after a severe scolding perhaps not, will leave, because she has recovered her identity, realized she is and always will be Arya Stark, and realized - perhaps with the strong helpof the KM - that she will never be able to become "no one."

The Faceless Men don't care about Raff the Sweetling. They don't care that Arya or one of her identities killed someone who wasn't her designated target. I think that they only care about the target dying.

One thing that does confuse me about them is their motives for killing people. One of the FM tells Arya that they do not kill for money or to extend their power. But in GoT Petyr Baelish claims that the FM are extremely expensive, and there are indicated many times through the series as being some kind of service that can be bought.

In the Mercy chapter, Mercy kills Raff the sweetling. I highly doubt Mercy was suposed to give the gift to Raff because Faceless Men do not give the gift to people they know.

When Arya killed Dareon, the kindly man blinded her. This was part of her training and punishment. She redeemed herself in the eyes of the kindly man and he has even been allowed to visit theur secret face collection.

They didn't blind her as punishment, they moved up her training. The FM don't know that she had killed men before Dareon, all they knew is that she is a scarred but hardworking nobly born girl of 10 or 11. Her killing Dareon was a no no in their tradition but the only result was moving up her training. For them it was glorious because it proved she could be useful to them, prior to that all she was really good for was help around the temple. That she doubled down on training afterwards is her own personality, Arya's.

Arya is very hard working by nature, hell she was scrubbing steps at Harrenhall with no thought of complaint or how a noble woman shouldn't be doing that and so on. Remember when the plague dude asked if she had the required humility and chuckled at her response. They all know her, they know of her list, they know how valuable she is to them. Think of the treasure she is, they won't let her go for going off book. A young noble woman sworn to them they could conceivably throw right back into Westerosi noble circles if they need that. She has her feet in both worlds now, walks around Braavos like she was born there.

No doubt they will learn of it, but if they do kick her out or part ways with her I would be very surprised. Remember they were offering her an out right up until the put the face on her, like right up to that moment. Maybe they would have killed her if she balked, but I have always taken the KOM at his word with regards to them seeing to Arya's future. Maybe I am the sucker.

Arya is a treasure to them, even if she occasionally takes someone out on her own accord. Jaquen apparently did that on some thinly veiled pretense. Maybe he is a rogue agent but he sent Arya to the FM, so he can't really be on the outs with them.

The KM was extremely Unhappy with Arya giving the gift to someone who was not a target. He did not even want her to kill the insurance dude's guards. She killed Raff just kike she killed Dareon but this is worse because she knew Raff. Arya killed Raff not No one. That will make the kindly man mad. The time she killed Dareon she recived a warning now... im not sure what they will do.

I dont think they would use her nobility as an asset. that would involve her becomeing Arya Stark again. The KM wants her to be Noone and this would be counter productive IMO.

I just hope she doesn't experience was Varys did (I think the "cold cup" the Kindly Man mentioned is actually the numbing potion they gave Varys before they cut off his genitals)

I don't really need the series to include female genital mutilation on top of everything else *shudders*

I know what you mean and long can he go on being kindly to her?

The only other thing I can think of since he seems to know her thoughts is that they going to break a long tradition with her and let her go to do her own thing with the condition that she takes on a job or jobs?

i was thinking about this, and i think that he knows she is a warg.

I also think they know she's a warg and also because of all the Weirwood around, I think they know something about "Winter is coming" and " there must always be a Stark in Winterfell".

I think with the time line, Justin Massey and fake Arya can't be far behind.

I see the kindly man telling Arya how she just sailed into town and sending her to see for herself. Which will have her interacting with poor Jeyne and then taking her rightful place and sailing back to Westeros, with an army meant for Stannis but really sworn to her cause, taking back Winterfell. I think that's why she was taking in by them in the first place. They saw a time when a Stark of Winterfell would be needed. They were only being "care takers" in a way and training her for what she must one day face. The return of Winter and the Others.

Maybe she will be in trouble, but will the Faceless Men even know? I got the impression from the chapter she was there to do something beyond mere training, and if she does it she may completely get away with it. The only person likely to identify her (unless she was secretly observed) is the other, older, guard. He might not mention anything because it could lead to him getting in trouble, or he simply feels sorry for the "innocent" young girl and doesn't want to get her in trouble.

Either way I would hope that her storyline starts moving forward a bit faster, and getting in trouble could do that. She was always one of my favorite characters but the number of chapters featuring her was quite low, and somewhat slow, in the last couple of books. I would like to see her back in Westeros sooner rather than later but can only guess what her role will be.

As an aside I don't think they know she is a warg. I seem to recall her deliberately not mentioning it, when she used knowledge obtained by her abilities to give one of her three new pieces of information, she was asked how she knew. She said she owed three things not four, which they seemed to accept.

i got the sense when she killed him, she mentioned something about going back to perform for the last time before "moving on" or something. perhaps her training put her with the mummers because so many people come through there. Maybe her training required her to kill somebody that she knew?

Maybe she will be in trouble, but will the Faceless Men even know? I got the impression from the chapter she was there to do something beyond mere training, and if she does it she may completely get away with it. The only person likely to identify her (unless she was secretly observed) is the other, older, guard. He might not mention anything because it could lead to him getting in trouble, or he simply feels sorry for the "innocent" young girl and doesn't want to get her in trouble.

I remember her saying she would miss mercy I could be wrong but even if she she doesn't get in trouble with the FM I think this is going to have a ripple affect and could have major consequences. The Iron bank and the iron throne aren't on the best of terms as it is and raff was part of a royal envoy. But then again maybe they'll just chalk it up to raff getting robbed by a whore

Mercy did not know Raff the Sweetling. Problem solved.

In any case, the most interesting thing is another... Why was Mercy placed in this theater troupe? She's way past the point of just blending in. She had a mission. but what?

Archived