Orphan Black Take 2: Expect some differences from the Original

Sci-2

I don't think Donnie knew about the probes, but it does seem a bit weird that he was willing to go through so much crap for the sake of a sociology study.

I agree that it should have been something a bit better than that.

I don't think Donnie was aware of the night time probing escapades? I can't recall.

He clearly was unaware those were happening. He said as much to Alison, which triggered her to say how stupid he is.

but it does seem a bit weird that he was willing to go through so much crap for the sake of a sociology study.

Perhaps it brought in extra income?

I think you can do better with the thread title, Sci! "Take 2" is not even a biology metaphor! :tantrum:

I think you can do better with the thread title, Sci! "Take 2" is not even a biology metaphor! :tantrum:

Hahaha - I was thinking the same. I'm usually better with titles. :blushing:

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but Donnie's conversation with Leekie at the end of season 1 made me think he was a lot more aware than this episode made out. He almost seemed frustrated with having to deal with Allison.

Yep - it seemed this way to me, too. I kind of think the writers are "winging it" to some extent. Don't get me wrong I definitely dig the show, but all this baggage is going to sink the show like Imry Florent one of these days.

• 3 months later...

I finally got around to watching this gem of a show.

Poor Felix. He really became brother/helper/coach/door mat to all of the so far clones. I love Fe so much.

So Helena is possibly pregnant and Helena left her eggs...embryos? at Felix' place. Before getting taken anyway.

Next season is promising to be full on. So many elements they have to work with.

I kind of think the writers are "winging it" to some extent

The writers have a three-season arc about the overall mystery of the clones and their origin, but they also have said that the show can last a lot longer than that. Whether they mean they can stretch out that arc over many mre seasons or after the third season they can do a new story is unclear. I definitely get the impression that a lot of minor elements are more developed on the fly, and things like Donnie and Art's storyline (crucial in S1, almost disposable in S2) are part of that stuff which isn't as resolutely pre-planned.

I finished season 2 a few weeks ago. Thanks to these threads for clearing up the bit with the embryos at Felix's place. Couldn't figure out what Helena was leaving there.

So what happened with Paul? It seems like he brokered a deal between the army and Mrs. S. and got his Afghanistan record expunged and promoted to Major? So he's pretty much done with the Dyad Institute and Rachel then, right?

So what happened with Paul? It seems like he brokered a deal between the army and Mrs. S. and got his Afghanistan record expunged and promoted to Major? So he's pretty much done with the Dyad Institute and Rachel then, right?

It seems that way. But (at least to me) there was a shady vibe there. I got the feeling Paul is playing angles. Triple agent style.

It appears his record is/was being held over him. But I've often wondered if that isn't a piece of Paul's game too.

Do we even know what he did that he would allow himself to be so used, manipulated and controlled.

He doesn't give off a 'desperate man, under the thumb' demeanour. But more of a 'Grit your teeth and get on with it'.

Paul has taken risks that went against Dyad. Not enough to paint himself a traitor or useless. But just enough to get his own way or further whatever agenda he has.

I could be wrong of course. I just get the feeling there is more to Paul. That he is playing his own game.

Am really interested with the inclusion of male clones and am very happy with the actor they chose to do it. Seems like he could do a really good job. + he reminds me of joaquin phoenix whom I love.

So am I. So we've seen him (not extensively) as 3 different people? It will be great to see what these clones bring to the table.

So far they don't seem to be self aware?

At least not like Clone Club girls.

And then we have little cripple girl clone.

So we have Man clones

Clone Club

Babies of Clone club

And new clone girl.

Next season won't lack for story.

It seems that way. But (at least to me) there was a shady vibe there. I got the feeling Paul is playing angles. Triple agent style.

It appears his record is/was being held over him. But I've often wondered if that isn't a piece of Paul's game too.

Do we even know what he did that he would allow himself to be so used, manipulated and controlled.

He doesn't give off a 'desperate man, under the thumb' demeanour. But more of a 'Grit your teeth and get on with it'.

Paul has taken risks that went against Dyad. Not enough to paint himself a traitor or useless. But just enough to get his own way or further whatever agenda he has.

I could be wrong of course. I just get the feeling there is more to Paul. That he is playing his own game.

So am I. So we've seen him (not extensively) as 3 different people? It will be great to see what these clones bring to the table.

So far they don't seem to be self aware?

At least not like Clone Club girls.

And then we have little cripple girl clone.

So we have Man clones

Clone Club

Babies of Clone club

And new clone girl.

Next season won't lack for story.

Yeah, there is a LOT to look forward to in season 3.

Cosima

Rachel

Male clones

Where is Helena

And loads more.

really love this show.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived