Will Arianne be Queen ?

Here Shaggydog

Arianne still does not strike me as very wise.

She thinks she has learned her lesson, but she may convince her self that being with "Aegon" is what's best for Dorne.

No, she's not blind as she was before, but I think she's still out to prove herself worthy of ruling Dorne at the very least. When word reaches her of Quentyn's death, well... it may all click into place.

The news of Quentyn's death is definitely the wild card for what she and her father are going to do. I could see her wanting to achieve with Aegon what Quentyn could not with Daenerys, but at the same time if word that Dany is dead reaches them at the same time, her feelings would be right and Arianne marrying Aegon would be what's best for Dorne (or at least for the Martells' revenge). Of course, it'd be wrong, but based on the information they'd have, it'd be a sound call. I'm just hoping that if they know Dany is not dead, they hold fast and not make any rash decisions. I think Doran is capable of that, but I don't know if Arianne is yet. Maybe this could be another teachable moment for her (if it doesn't get her killed first).

The rumor mill is gonna be friggin pivotal for her and her family going into TWoW.

If she is, it won't be for long. The only way I see her getting to the throne at this point is if she marries Aegon, and I can't see him being victorious in the end. I suppose an argument could be made that if Jon takes the throne he might have to marry her.

She should stay where she belongs and rule Dorne like she always wanted. It would be far safer.

I loveee this! So sick of hearing how him and Dany will end up together. His father married a Dornish princess, and so would he. Good point

Aegon/Sansa strikes me as unlikely for a number of reasons--logistics, for starters--but it being "too sweet" is not one of them.

If Aegon's going to pull a Rhaegar, his Lyanna is far more likely to be

Elia Sand, who is frisky, high-spirited, and a great rider just like Lyanna as we see in TWOW, and who just happens to be accompanying Arianne

as opposed to Sansa.

I actually see that happening. Aegon would just say to Elia that she would be his paramour, which is socially acceptable in Dorne. Of course, I think Arianne would likely ignore the long Dornish history of paramours when she finds out, and be really pissed. I wouldn't think it too far that she has Elia killed as a result.

Especially in the TWoW sample chapter where Arianne tells Elia who ran into a cave, she shouts that Elia could have died with "died" echoed ominously three times against the walls.

TWOW Spoiler

There is no speculation. Doran has doubts about Aegon, and even Connington.

"Fire and blood was what Jon Connington (if indeed it was him) was offering as well. Or was it? "He comes with sellswords, but no dragons," Prince Doran had told her, the night the raven came. "The Golden Company is the best and largest of the free companies, but ten thousand mercenaries cannot hope to win the Seven Kingdoms. Elia's son... I would weep for joy if some part of my sister had survived, but what proof do we have that this is Aegon?" His voice broke when he said that. "Where are the dragons?" he asked. "Where is Daenerys?" and Arianne knew that he was really saying, "Where is my son?"

Doran was expecting Quentyn back with Dany and the dragons. But he's getting his "nephew" and mercenaries. He wants to believe it but he's cautious and he is right about it. If he finds out that Quentyn is dead and thinks Dany is responsible, he could support Aegon, fake or not.

Thank you. It has been a while since I read that. I knew I had heard it from somewhere.

No, that's the very point, how would she bring the North if it's in Bolton or Stannis' hands? And as I implied, the North will be quite useless post the Bolton-Stannis confrontation. And there is virtually no chance of LF handing her over to anyone, before or after revealing her. I personally think that Fake Arya has a better chance of marrying Aegon than Sansa and...

We get a horse loving Dornish girl Elia Sand mirroring Lyanna Stark. Might we not get a weak 'unpretty' girl ruling the North as Queen (after her father dies in battle) mirroring Elia Martell Yes, I mean Shireen Baratheon. If she don't get roasted by Mel, I can see her being Aegon's bride.

The Boltons only have it because no one knows where Sansa is, and they claim to have Arya. If Sansa comes out of hiding she gets Winterfell because the eldest daughter would inherit first. Stannis isn't going to get very far with his claim unless he starts kicking some serious butt. The Northmen will follow a strong leader who's getting the job done, or a Stark. Right now we don't even know if Stannis is alive. It's not too big a stretch to imagine that at least some of the North would rally for Sansa, especially when they find out fake Arya is fake.

Alia of the Knife, great points about the potential Arya/Cersei dynamic. But I still think Myrcella is the YMBQ.

Aegon will sit that Iron Throne. Im certain of it. He wont sit it for long, but he'll sit it. Arianne is likely to marry him. She's heading right for him and knows it. What she is uncertain of, is if he is who he says he is. Ultimately, i dont think it'll matter to Arianne if hes really Aegon. Dany is coming, and once Arianne gets wind that Quentyn died in Meereen, hell will be to pay. Dorne will side with Aegon and Aegon is likely to not want to give up the throne to his "aunt". (especially since i think he will take it by conquest.) Dance of the Dragons Part Deux. Arianne will likely be there urging Aegon to fight Dany because of "all the wrongs she has committed." Arianne actually assumes that Dany murdered Viserys for the claim.

Dany will likely win that battle, but Arianne will be queen for a short period.

The Boltons only have it because no one knows where Sansa is, and they claim to have Arya. If Sansa comes out of hiding she gets Winterfell because the eldest daughter would inherit first. Stannis isn't going to get very far with his claim unless he starts kicking some serious butt. The Northmen will follow a strong leader who's getting the job done, or a Stark. Right now we don't even know if Stannis is alive. It's not too big a stretch to imagine that at least some of the North would rally for Sansa, especially when they find out fake Arya is fake.

Alia of the Knife, great points about the potential Arya/Cersei dynamic. But I still think Myrcella is the YMBQ.

If Sansa comes out of hiding right now, she's more likely to be betrayed and sold to Cersei by that Mad Mouse or some other person. And since her husband hasn't been found/killed, she's still married and I don't see her being 'safely widowed' any time soon given that her husband is on the other side of the world. Sansa's position as Lady Lannister will repulse the Northmen, indeed her own brother disinherited her.

Stannis is going to be in a strong position with the Iron Bank backing him. He's a great general and will probably defeat Bolton. Even if he does get killed, his daughter will inherit his strong position.

Aegon will sit that Iron Throne. Im certain of it. He wont sit it for long, but he'll sit it. Arianne is likely to marry him. She's heading right for him and knows it. What she is uncertain of, is if he is who he says he is. Ultimately, i dont think it'll matter to Arianne if hes really Aegon. Dany is coming, and once Arianne gets wind that Quentyn died in Meereen, hell will be to pay. Dorne will side with Aegon and Aegon is likely to not want to give up the throne to his "aunt". (especially since i think he will take it by conquest.) Dance of the Dragons Part Deux. Arianne will likely be there urging Aegon to fight Dany because of "all the wrongs she has committed." Arianne actually assumes that Dany murdered Viserys for the claim.

Dany will likely win that battle, but Arianne will be queen for a short period.

That's how I see it. Like the first Dance of the Dragons, it will be fought without mercy on either side.

If Sansa comes out of hiding right now, she's more likely to be betrayed and sold to Cersei by that Mad Mouse or some other person. And since her husband hasn't been found/killed, she's still married and I don't see her being 'safely widowed' any time soon given that her husband is on the other side of the world. Sansa's position as Lady Lannister will repulse the Northmen, indeed her own brother disinherited her.

Stannis is going to be in a strong position with the Iron Bank backing him. He's a great general and will probably defeat Bolton. Even if he does get killed, his daughter will inherit his strong position.

Political marriages like that were made all the time, so I think the Northern lords might consider an affront to Sansa, and Robb disinherited Sansa to keep the Lannisters from having a claim on WF through any possible children.

I think there is a good possibility that Arianne screws up her father's plans once more and gets knocked up by Aegon. Aegon, who, for all his faults, seems to be at least a bit of a decent person, would likely marry her. And then they are going to go down because I can't see Aegon winning.

I've always had a soft spot for Sansa/Aegon, simply because he is a decent dude her age she is not closely related to. I could imagine them falling in love, with her being the cynical one in the relationship... or Aegon falling for Alayne Stone and only after Sansa has returned to the North realising that he did what his father did... but I don't see any of that really happening.

^^The post above explains why I said Sansa/Aegon would be too sweet. We want the best for Sansa and many of her supporters want her to be queen ( I don't, but that's a different story). With Sansa marrying Aegon she gets a good-hearted, not unintelligent, handsome guy and she gets to be queen loved by all so people root for it. And this would be a sweet ending. I'm assuming that those who want this ending don't think Sansa (or Aegon) will die during the Dance of the Dragons 2, but I may be wrong. I just think that it's extremely unlikely that Aegon will survive and I'm certain that if he loses, Dany will kill those closest to him. Besides, I think that Rickon will be the first Stark revealed to the North, so Sansa doesn't offer much to Aegon.

Dany is coming, and once Arianne gets wind that Quentyn died in Meereen, hell will be to pay

Exactly. Arianne wants to play it cool and learn from her mistakes, but news of Quentyn's death + Arianne's not-so-latent ambition + Targ hottie (remember Arianne once thinking that her hypothetical kids with Darkstar would be "as beautiful as dragonlords") = a very bad decision on Arianne's part.

I've always had a soft spot for Sansa/Aegon, simply because he is a decent dude her age she is not closely related to.

LOL. That's setting the bar awfully low. It says something about Sansa's arc that her most appealing ships are with dudes she's never even met.

With Sansa marrying Aegon she gets a good-hearted, not unintelligent, handsome guy and she gets to be queen loved by all so people root for it. And this would be a sweet ending.

Empirically, maybe, although if we've learned anything in ASOIAF it's that being king or queen isn't all it's cracked up to be, but not for Sansa as of AFFC, who has no desire to go back to KL ever again, who only wants to be married for love if she does remarry, and who isn't even sure she even wants to marry again at all...Mind you, characters in ASOIAF rarely get what they want.

And then they are going to go down because I can't see Aegon winning.

Yup. Becoming Aegon's queen will be signing that character's death warrant.

Political marriages like that were made all the time, so I think the Northern lords might consider an affront to Sansa, and Robb disinherited Sansa to keep the Lannisters from having a claim on WF through any possible children.

I'm not implying that the Northern lords hate/begrudge Sansa because she married Tyrion. Most are probably aware that it was a forced marriage but it being a forced political marriage doesn't negate its legal effects. Dissolving a marriage is extremely difficult in Westeros - only the High Septon and the Faith Council can do this. The Northern lords could never risk falling under Lannister rule where more than half of Northern houses have Stark blood in their veins they could pick any one amongst themselves. Unless of course Tyrion's corpse is produced by LF who I guess could manage that given the Jeyne-Arya stunt...

Unless of course Tyrion's corpse is produced by LF who I guess could manage that given the Jeyne-Arya stunt...

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The would-be bounty claimants have realized just how hard it is to fake Tyrion's death convincingly.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The would-be bounty claimants have realized just how hard it is to fake Tyrion's death convincingly.

Ha ha, very true but many of those bounty hunters never actually knew Tyrion like LF does and LF is of course a wee bit more intelligent than most Westerosi. I don't see him claiming that a hedge wizard regrew Tyrion's nose or killing a poor ugly child hoping it will pass for a man in his late 20's maybe.

My guess is that she will be queen and will be instrumental in dethroneing Cercei and the rest of the Lannister clan with King Aegon the Blackfyre(?). I think she would be an OK queen, better than Cercei and perhaps and equal to Dany (I have doubts whether she would be a good queen as well). Reguardless, I doubt her reign (or Aegon's) will last long since Dany has Dragons and she does not. Dorne has been making "smart" political moves throughout the whole series, none of which have worked out very well. I think she will follow in the pattern and will likely (sadly) join her brothers fate. :(

Arianne will be fAegon's queen. That is almost a given for me. I don't consider any other possibility.

I also believe that Cersei will burn the KL, so she must stick to the IT until the end. This means neither Dany nor fAegon will take KL from her. I think the battles between Dany and fAegon will take place in Dorne, Reach, and Westerlands. I also think that Dany will fight a battle or two with Stannis. So, no one will get the opportunity to take the KL.

Also, to add to Arianne as queen, the Sand Snakes, except Sarella, would likely be her advisers. Their solution to a problem usually involves a spear, a dagger or poison; the Sand Snakes are impulsive, rash and utterly lacking in caution. I think Arianne will serve to drive a wedge between Aegon and Connington, who would likely be advising caution in dealing with Dany and Tyrion.

Arianne will be fAegon's queen. That is almost a given for me. I don't consider any other possibility.

I also believe that Cersei will burn the KL, so she must stick to the IT until the end. This means neither Dany nor fAegon will take KL from her. I think the battles between Dany and fAegon will take place in Dorne, Reach, and Westerlands. I also think that Dany will fight a battle or two with Stannis. So, no one will get the opportunity to take the KL.

I think before Aegon gets a chance to take KL, Dany arrives starting from Dragonstone to challenge him akin to when Renly was marching on KL, Stannis comes from Dragonstone to besiege SE. I think Dany's trajectory will be south towards Aegon through the riverlands, into the Reach and later into Dorne. After Dorne, Tyrion has her head north to take CR and the Westerlands, and then move north through the Westerlands to circle back towards KL, making a stop at the Twins. Stannis finally comes south down the Neck, and then Dany goes to subdue the North.

Archived