Should Olenna Tyrell be punished for breaking guest right?

Lee-Sensei

Nope. Ned was an inhabitant of the Tower of the Hand. He had his own home in KL and was not a guest of the IT.

Surely the TotH is just a part of the Red Keep? It's safe to assume the Tyrells have been assigned some personal quarters as well. I agree that he wasn't really a guest but then again I don't think Olenna/the Tyrells is really a guest eithe, they are a part of the government.

Surely the TotH is just a part of the Red Keep? It's safe to assume the Tyrells have been assigned some personal quarters as well. I agree that he wasn't really a guest but then again I don't think Olenna/the Tyrells is really a guest eithe, they are a part of the government.

Mace, yes. Margaery, yes, Loras, yes. Olenna, no.

Has Joffrey broken the guest right by imprisoning and killing Ned? How about Jaime by attacking him in the streets?

I'm not sure the Tyrells can be seen as guests in King's Landing - it is technically their home as much as it is for the Lannisters. They weren't acting in the capacity of guests in any case as they help to pay for and organise the whole thing and are a part of the Small Council.

No. Ned was a hostage. And when Jaime attacked Neds men, they weren't guests. It was out in the street.

Killing Ned would be comparable to Ned killing Theon if Balon rebelled. It wouldn't be breaking guest rights.

Even though she framed Sansa and Tyrion

It hard to hate someone who plot to kill Joffrey to make sure her kin doesn't marry a monster

Then maybe they should have gone back to Highgarden.

Once Marg and Joff got married, Red Keep had become their home too. She is accused of murdering Joffrey, and she should be rewarded.

That's not how it works.

I don't see the Tyrells keeping their status after the Lannisters are gone...no one would remotely trust them and I have a felling they will lose a lot of money after going all in with the Lannisters, who are pretty much doomed at this point.

Yes, I guess the Gods and men would be so pissed that Olenna Tyrell killed Joffrey Baratheon, the sweetest child ever set foot on earth, that they are planning the worst punish known by man for her.

That's entirely irrelevant. She broke guest rights. That's all that matters.

That's entirely irrelevant. She broke guest rights. That's all that matters.

Matters to who? The Freys aren't dying because the Gods are sending fire from the sky. They are dying because the families or those who died during the RW are mad at them and want revenge. It's a natural consequence of their actions.

Matters to who? The Freys aren't dying because the Gods are sending fire from the sky. They are dying because the families or those who died during the RW are mad at them and want revenge. It's a natural consequence of their actions.

It matters to the Gods. That's how this world works. Jaime's hand wasn't cut off for pushing Bran out a window. Theon wasn't tortured for "killing Bran and Rickon". Acursed is the kinslayer. The same thing for people who break guest rights. Her time is coming. And it may come from the IB.

I hope Ollena dies before she could be punished. It would be annoying if she was punished but I feel it may happen. Joff was a little shit and needed to go so I still stand by her choice. I think comparing the murder of a little psycho to save the realm from further bloodshed, and to no doubt protect her grandaughter is far more admirable than Walter Freya actions.

Joffrey was never the rightful king, so she won't get punished for kingslaying.

Joffrey was about to be very harmful to Tyrion, so Olenna was just defending Tyrion before Joffrey broke guest right.

Yes, I'm being extremely biased here, and idgaf.

Archived