How would you rate episode 409?  

898 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

On the positive side the giants and mammoths were great, the fight choreography seemed better, and some of the shots were really cool.

On the negative side I thought the romance scenes were corny, I don't like that they seem to have killed off three characters that yet live in the books, and that ending was way too abrupt. Also the episode started at 9:04 and ended at 9:52. Stupid.

It needed 10 more minutes, but Ygritte's death was well done. A shame Pyp went down. Janos hiding like a coward was great. It was the fastest 50 minutes of TV I have ever seen. I gave it a 9.0 because it should have been 60 minutes.

Edited by Carey Snow

On the positive side the giants and mammoths were great, the fight choreography seemed better, and some of the shots were really cool.

On the negative side I thought the romance scenes were corny, I don't like that they seem to have killed off three characters that yet live in the books, and that ending was way too abrupt. Also the episode started at 9:04 and ended at 9:52. Stupid.

^ This

Too much romance, Ygritte being Legolas was a bit much. WAY TOO SHORT.

Also where do all the nights watch guys come from? They all seem to die and more come out of the woodwork. MORE THAN 100 BROTHERS THERE.

Still pretty solid. 7.5/10 for me.

Edited by Rayn

I didn't like much about it. I thought it could have been a lot better. Just the basics: with the gate defended the battle was over. I liked the scythe given the climbers but would rather have had the turtle - suspense - the stair fire - and I can't even fathom how Pyp and Grenn became dispensable. I did like the desperate energy of the wildlings. Since the battle was just pointless anyway (the Wall was to protect all people against the White Walkers) at least the show could have made an awesome performance. I had a hard time figuring out where people were until I decided the elevator was actually a transporter.

No Blackwater. 7

Edited by rmholt

I wouldn't knock it because of the ending. They cut it short to make the finale INCREDIBLE! Why would you give a bad rating because Stannis isn't in the episode? It's not like they cut it. THEY JUST HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO IT YET!

Yeah Stannis us coming. I corrected for that.