Val is Jon’s true Queen. v2

Since the previous thread passed #400 I thought that it should be better to have a version 2.

At my latest re-read I have noticed many foreshadowing involving the future Queen Consort in the North Val and her King husband Jon.

Val stood beside him, tall and fair. They had crowned her with a simple circlet of dark bronze, yet she looked more regal in bronze than Stannis did in gold.

Then Ghost emerged from between two trees, with Val beside him. They look as though they belong together.

You have my word, Lord Snow. I will be a proper wildling princess for your queen.

Those are what I have so far. Do you agree or not? What would you add?

The last post of version 1 is:

How's book marriage not convincing? Show marriage was purely out of love, in the books, Jeyne comforts the injured Robb, who also received the news about Bran&Rickon's deaths and if there was love or not, he had to marry her out of honor. Accoring to that, book Robb may not have made the mistake of marrying Talisa if she were in the books instead of Jeyne.

version 1 could be found here: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/83331-val-is-jons-true-queen/

I don't think what she said was that horrible. I think we're projecting outrage onto Jon that isn't there. He was surely turned off by it but I didn't get the impression he was disgusted by it at all. I don't think its even close to being a deal breaker, because in the end she's probably right and we all know it, and so does Jon.

It occurred to me when reading that she's the best woman for him and the foreshadowing does seem to be there. It would be greatly beneficial to the people of Westeros accepting the wildlings into society in general if they married and ruled together which will be particularly significant in the North if that's where the wildlings are settled. Although with the amount of death elsewhere I'm sure there will be plenty of space all over.

I don't know if she'll be Jon's queen, but I think she could be someone's queen

Or not. Maybe it's just one of Martin's little ironies, as in "she's a wildling and yet is more beautiful and regal than half of the highborn pretenders to the throne"

I don't have much to add, but now that we're in the second iteration of this thread I'd just like to throw my towel in the Val is Jon's queen ring. The foreshadowings mentioned in the OP are some of the few actual foreshadowings (or rather, potential foreshadowings) I picked up on in my first read, so I had those in my mind as I read their interactions and such, and it just left me with a feeling that they would end up together. Of course, those feelings are of no use to anyone but me, so I'll just say that it seems right that Jon, the man who has been single-handedly spearheading renewed relations between Westeros and the Wildlings, would end up cementing that role with a marriage to a wildling. Certainly more right than Jon marrying any other character we have encountered so far, imo

A lot of people are saying that Val is not human and is a ice Siren(lured men to their doom).

I don't believe that at all, because I've yet to see her lure one person away and she had ample opportunity to do so when she went on the mission for Jon to bring back the Wildlings.

A lot of people are saying that Val is not human and is a ice Siren(lured men to their doom).

And when was she doing this, exactly? She spent pretty much all aDwD locked in a tower, and the only time she left the Wall was to save men from certain doom

Certainly possible.

Although I am kind of concerned that people are actually buying what she said about Shireen's greyscale considering Val's lack of any education is challenging the long held belief's of Westerosi Maester's.

I would like this but if she's really that important then she should definitely be on the show.

And sadly it look like she won't.

The show is a fan-fic at this point so none of it has any bearing on the books.

Val is an extremely important character as she is someone who could help bring the wildlings to Jon's side (Humanity's side).Not to mention she is someone who speaks her mind in front of Jon and is someone he can trust which he cant with anyone else really.Jon needs someone in his life to depend on and to share his burden with.

Archived