Legend of Korra Season 3

Sci-2

as they were escaping republic city, she shot explosions at the police cars in pursuit. There was a cloud of smoke and they just drove through :)

Actually no. They start out with 5 cars. Then they zoom in and she explodes two. When they zoom out, there's only 3 left. Pretty clear that the cars and all the inhabitants were destroyed. What you saw as "driving through" was actually the cars behind the ones that were destroyed!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/pushbullet-uploads/ujw7I0itCHQ-ie5xLacCKWRBf0CPbxfUTYe6V6jTr8LW/Screen%20Shot%202014-08-21%20at%201.21.08%20AM.png

https://s3.amazonaws.com/pushbullet-uploads/ujw7I0itCHQ-dVTY0iv9uI8svJDMeahZMRfLSoclQw2T/Screen%20Shot%202014-08-21%20at%201.21.53%20AM.png

In the first image, there are 5 cars. In the second, 3, with a fire behind them.

Lavabending, being thrown against the wall by Air, having a ton of rocks fall on you, being frozen in ice... none of these cause much damage either. Frankly, I think they should have just said that Benders have extra tough bodies that allow them to survive these things.

It would make sense to have resistance against the element you can bend as you may be limiting the impact with your bending (although zuko is evidence that isn't a guarantee). Against other elements not so much (although I'd argue fire bending and water bending could cancel each other out via steam - the same could be true of airbending limiting/strengthening fire by controlling the oxygen). I'd actually like to see an airbender mess with fire bending now I think about it.

It would make sense to have resistance against the element you can bend as you may be limiting the impact with your bending (although zuko is evidence that isn't a guarantee). Against other elements not so much (although I'd argue fire bending and water bending could cancel each other out via steam - the same could be true of airbending limiting/strengthening fire by controlling the oxygen). I'd actually like to see an airbender mess with fire bending now I think about it.

I'd also like to see a Metalbender handle lightning by directing it into the earth. Good point about Zuko.

Archived