Legend of Korra Season 3

Sci-2

From what I read in the leaked episodes, it is not a case of people acquiring multiple bending powers.

There's just a new group of airbenders that is discovered because they were held prisoners by the Earth Kingdom, who had been experimenting on them amongst other things. I didn't see any reference to airbenders earthbending or anthing of the sort. The only thing that needs to be explained at some point about the bending, is how Bumi is suddenly able to bend at all.

From what I read in the leaked episodes, it is not a case of people acquiring multiple bending powers.

There's just a new group of airbenders that is discovered because they were held prisoners by the Earth Kingdom, who had been experimenting on them amongst other things. I didn't see any reference to airbenders earthbending or anthing of the sort. The only thing that needs to be explained at some point about the bending, is how Bumi is suddenly able to bend at all.

well, that would be hilarious after a couple of pages of speculation. I hope we get the actual episodes soon. Seems like the web is littered with the episodes 3-6 in spanish. Will have to be careful with spoilers.

I do like the fact it suggests the Earth Kingdom are dodgy. As I said earlier the way Ba sing seh works is rotten and it would fit they'd try something like that. The question is "why experiment on Air benders and not all benders?". I still think the airbenders have a naturally closer connection to the spirit world. From what we know of them they were the most peaceful of the tribes and tried to be at one with the things.

Summerfell - I guess the fact that Wan was the first meant accessing the Avatar state was still a culmination of all past lives but in his case it was just him. I'm not really sure how it works as being all the previous lives as I always got the point Aang was in the driving seat in terms of how the avatar form acted on a raw emotional level.

After season 2 I'm pretty confused about how the avatar state works.

Whatever else it does, it brings Raava to the surface, making her vulnerable, since being killed in the avatar state destroys her too (presumably not permanently, but enough to stop her continuing the avatar line). The past lives come along with Raava, but I think the power is mostly hers, not theirs (though perhaps the avatar state has grown stronger over time, with the addition of the power of the past lives?) I don't think Korra does any bending after losing Raava; what she does with the tree is something completely different.

Perhaps Bumi is not really bending at all, but someone is airbending in front of him so it catches him by surprise and makes him (and the audience) briefly think that he's airbending?

Could Bumi maybe have been pissing around his whole life and simply never focused enough to bend? Or even more interesting - never bothered because he didn't want the pressure of being an airbender and being too much like his brother? The latter is unlikely given his comments on feeling left out as a child though.

Could Bumi maybe have been pissing around his whole life and simply never focused enough to bend? Or even more interesting - never bothered because he didn't want the pressure of being an airbender and being too much like his brother? The latter is unlikely given his comments on feeling left out as a child though.

I thought the same thing, as though he never really wanted to focus, so he just didn't care to study, act mature, (he's the oldest and very im) ect. I also have this belief that Aang was a pretty strict, busy 24/7, kind of dad so if you didn't "fit in" you were left behind.

I thought the same thing, as though he never really wanted to focus, so he just didn't care to study, act mature, (he's the oldest and very im) ect. I also have this belief that Aang was a pretty strict, busy 24/7, kind of dad so if you didn't "fit in" you were left behind.

It would make for some interesting character development on Bumi and the grown-up Aang. Maybe Bumi thought he'd be an airbender rather than Aang's son. It sometimes seems like that with Tenzin. That or Bumi spent far too much time with his uncle :)

It would make for some interesting character development on Bumi and the grown-up Aang. Maybe Bumi thought he'd be an airbender rather than Aang's son. It sometimes seems like that with Tenzin. That or Bumi spent far too much time with his uncle :)

Lol, am I the only one who finds the dates for ig Bumi's life a little confusing...... He was Aang's childhood friend and still alive after a hundred years, but as fit as they come..... Making him at least 112 years old :dunno: real head scratcher....

Did you notice the tension and slight resentment that his kids had towards each other?

Did you notice the tension and slight resentment that his kids had towards each other?

There was that episode where the siblings discussed the whole thing. The other two were jealous of how Tenzin was Aang's favourite due to the airbending while Tenzin felt the others had an "easier" life because they weren't airbenders, I wouldn't say it was as strong as resentment but there is an interesting dynamic within the family.

There was that episode where the siblings discussed the whole thing. The other two were jealous of how Tenzin was Aang's favourite due to the airbending while Tenzin felt the others had an "easier" life because they weren't airbenders, I wouldn't say it was as strong as resentment but there is an interesting dynamic within the family.

I know, but I mean I always thought there was a little more than within that episode that was left to our imaginations....

The new trailer looks great! I hope S3 is closer to S1 than S2. I found a lot of the spirit world stuff to be kind of tedious and derivative.

I enjoyed season one a lot, I think if they kept the story about the equalists and Korra's inability to be one with spirits enough to airbend and less about her love triangle? I don't even know what to call that, (probably because it's like two twenty in the morning and I don't feel like thinking) an example of what I wished they would have continued, was like that episode the equalists hid in the stands until the match was over in the probending arena and Amon basically told them how wrong they were (he made some valid points as well, IMO ) and more of a point by taking away Tahno's bending

The new trailer looks great! I hope S3 is closer to S1 than S2. I found a lot of the spirit world stuff to be kind of tedious and derivative.

I liked the villain and politics of season one but not the games. Season 2 was good in terms of the larger mythology but it sometimes felt like Korra was a passenger.

Unconfirmed (said by wiki)

Another website said that Brazil will have it by September

Given the leak I'd hope it'd be sooner. I guess episodes can be made out of order and the rest of season 3 isn't completed yet.

It's probably airing in either July, August or September at the latest, from what we now know.

Season 2 started on September 13th, season 1 on April 14th. I would imagine this will also start in September.

No its spontaneous acquisition of airbending powers.

Some are normals, some are people who already have a bending ability. The Earth Kingdom responds to this by kidnapping/forced conscription of new airbenders into a special military regiment.

Archived