Fashion - for The Children edition

Fragile Bird

Comfy knit shorts, t-shirt... and that's it. But all this will change into a sleeveless blue/white stripe cowl-neck top, white blazer, and navy slacks, silver jewelry, because I have to go to work today. :bawl:

I suppose I could wear a skirt, but my legs are too banged up to go without hose, and I'll be damned if I'm wearing hose today.

I picked up some really comfy Talbots linen-blend cardigans on sale recently that I'm really pleased with. BTW, if anyone's looking for a few basic pieces, go to Talbots website and the Sale dropdown tab. If you buy three pieces of anything, you get 40% off of the sale price. Yippee! It applies to the full-price merchandise too, but getting 40% off of the already marked-down stuff is pretty darn good.

Here are my sneakers = sorry - I was in the dr.s office when I posted earlier and couldn't attach the link.

I have the salmon color and they are sooooo comfortable. Plus, they're funky looking, like bowling shoes. I adore them.

You know, I'm having some issues coming up with what to wear with these silver britches I bought. They're wide legged, and super shiny....I'm thinking I'm going to wear them with denim and boots but I dunno. I kind of like the idea of wearing them with really scruffy stuff.

Loose shiny pants, you say? And then I see that Lady N has suggested something rather similar to this picture already; she is on the ball with her silver sandals this summer as well.

I had a fashion question then completely forgot what it was. All the bling drove it out of my mind. :p

Running shoes!

Yesterday I bought these Clarks, in the navy blue. I guess they really aren't sneakers per se, but something pretty close. I wore them today and my goodness are they comfortable. I was trying to decide between the red and the blue and decided I would likely most often wear them with jeans so went for the blue. I was looking for a good walking shoe for getting around London in.

Loose shiny pants, you say? And then I see that Lady N has suggested something rather similar to this picture already; she is on the ball with her silver sandals this summer as well.

I had a fashion question then completely forgot what it was. All the bling drove it out of my mind. :p

Oh, thank you! I have the jacket and the shirt. I love that look.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm tempted to try them if I ever cosplay as Marceline with Brook as my hair is growing too slow, but I'm not sure how well they'd work with my curly hair. So I don't have anything useful to add, but similarly curious.

My precious just arrived. I just got these boots for over 50% off, which is good, considering that for full price they are probably 3x more expensive than any other shoe I own. That was my reward for surviving another school year. :smug: Not going to London, but I kind of feel like Spokane is the perfect place to go line dancing. Right? Right?

Anyone need a hat? Royal Ascot 2014 Hats

I like many of the fanciful ones, and I think I would wear Number 27 (I hope this turns up). It reminds me somewhat of the Sydney Opera House. :)

ETA: Nope, just the article shows up.

That's a nice one. I like #52 also. The most successful hats are those that are made to go with the outfit. The ones that are just plopped on the head any old way LOOK IT. Remember the Ascot scene from "My Fair Lady" with all the outlandish outfits and hats? And all in shades of black, white, and gray - very striking!

Archived