Small Questions v. 10083

RumHam

Yay! I was waiting for the thread :)

So, my question; I have seen people mentioning Aegon IV as mad, but I don't know what this is based on. I know he was a bad King but I don't recall anything that suggests madness from the Dunk and Egg novellas or the main series. There is the wooden dragons to conquer Dorne I suppose but that doesnt really seem to be mad. Is there an SSM I am missing or have I just forgotten something?

I never thought of him as being mad, a hedonistic jerk, but not mad. You could argue that constructing artificial dragons based on technology was a very forward thinking idea. Using wood probably not so much. Anyway here's the closest thing to a SSM on the subject:

The Targaryens have heavily interbred, like the Ptolemys of Egypt. As any horse or dog breeder can tell you, interbreeding accentuates both flaws and virtues, and pushes a lineage toward the extremes. Also, there's sometimes a fine line between madness and greatness. Daeron I, the boy king who led a war of conquest, and even the saintly Baelor I could also be considered "mad," if seen in a different light. ((And I must confess, I love grey characters, and those who can be interperted in many different ways. Both as a reader and a writer, I want complexity and subtlety in my fiction))

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/945/

Where are the grumpkins and snarks?

The boogeyman, Freddie Kruger, the monster under the bed, the Candyman etc etc. In short, the common term for the monsters and supernatural beings which live to the North of the Wall

Is it stated officially where Daven Lannister's wedding will be? I know we all think it will be in Riverrun, is that a 'fact' yet?

I looked and didn't find anything, but then I missed things in the last two searches I did for people.

What is Doran Martell's endgame?

I think this question, albeit short and very substantive, does not really fit to the "small questions" category :)

my short question: why this thread is not pinned?

I think this question, albeit short and very substantive, does not really fit to the "small questions" category :)

I'm sorry! I just feel like Dorne and more specifically, Doran has the answers to the questions left unanswered in the rebellion.

Someone locked the old thread without making a new one, and then I guess forgot. I did report this thread asking for it to be pinned.

RumHam, could you please ask the mods to start the impossibly large questions thread :)

Haha, I would but the top of the general section is already pretty crowded. They should probably unpin the Princess and the Queen thread at this point.

At the end of the whispering wood Theon mentions they had taken three Lannister's hostage two of Genna's sons and one of Tywins dead brothers sons now he has two dead brothers but only one had a son according to the wiki and he was the one who went missing after the kings landing riots. So who did Robb take hostage?

Is it stated officially where Daven Lannister's wedding will be? I know we all think it will be in Riverrun, is that a 'fact' yet?

Not official the theory is based on the fact Daven wants the marriage to happen quickly so he doesn't suffer like Robb did and he is currently at Riverrun which is run by the Frey's and his aunt so makes it a perfect place for him to be wed. But not confirmed,

Archived