[No Spoilers] EP410 Discussion

Ran

Non-spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who've not read the books or those who have but are happy to not actually reference them at all in discussion, taking each episode as it comes.

This topic should open automatically when the show begins airing.

I called Brienne and the Hound meeting each other and fighting!

Glad Brienne won, shows that the women in Westeros are stronger than the men :)

Poor Shae though, Tyrion intrudes while she's sleeping, she grabs a knife to defend herself, and Tyrion kills her. Then Tyrion kills his father after he said he's not going to have him killed. Ungrateful son. Also, why would Tyrion kill Shae, then tell his dad who is sleeping with her that she's not a whore? Doesn't make sense.

Didn't like Arya not going to the Eerie - why would she just ride her horse to some random place and get on a strange ship?

Also, I thought there were 100,000 wildlings? Didn't seem like very many. How did Stannis get so many men and surround the wildlings? I thought the wildlings had those wargs to see?

Disappointed they killed off Jojen. Even though it was strongly implied he wasn't ever going to survive the 'mission', this makes it more real. It also means that any more meaningful death that might occur in the book will be omitted from the TV series.

Call me crazy, but I get the impression this will open up a bit of a Bran and Meera (hinted in the books I believe) relationship. She's grieving over Jojen, he's there ... It was done with Grey Worm and Missandei, and Bran's probably in for some filler.

Another interesting thought that came to mind is that Bran's Greenseer/Warg training could offer insight into past events. GRRM has said he wouldn't mind a flashback season, and I wouldn't be entirely surprised if something like that happens with Bran's storyline. Again, filler.

Also, I thought there were 100,000 wildlings? Didn't seem like very many. How did Stannis get so many men and surround the wildlings? I thought the wildlings had those wargs to see?

Mance didn't expect anyone to attack them north of the Wall but yeah, the battle was kind of lackluster, since most of the budget clearly went to episode 9...

Edited by Kernest

1) It looked like Stannis has the lager army and Mance was standing with 40 men max. Many showfans will say how did Stannis got that foce? Isnt he defeated in blackwater? And they will say, yeah, he loan some money. Where are the mammoths and giats and the 100,000 wildlings? or at least the 20k wildlings?

2) Leaf, a children of the forest, looks like simply, a child. I thought i remembered reading she had catlike eyes and copper/bronze skin? I was thinking of a night elf looking, with diff. skin colou. and the Bloodraven seems just an oldman sitting in a tree, not the very withered one i imgained from the books.

3) Wherever the whores go? Okay so no tysha, so no where whores go. But shouldnt tyrion say something to shae first?

4) Jaime and Cersei sex scene is anti climatic for me. Jaime is supposed to save Tyion in a few while. his mind set is getting different. he's stated to fall away from cersei.

5)Ygritte funeral fire is okay, but no dialogue between Stannis, Mel, and Jon? i think it is a better ending for season 4.

6) There's no Lady stoneheart.

I'm going to be pissed if they save the Mountain, especially when they've just killed the Hound. I assume the Hound is dead, but then again, I thought the Mountain was dead, so who knows.

Why did the Hound tell Arya to go with Brienne at the end? He picked a fight with her because he thought she wanted to take Arya to the Lannisters? So why would he tell Arya to go with the Lannisters henchman after she'd just kicked his arse?

I think they're over doing Podrics incompetence as a squire, it's not funny anymore.

I find it pretty hard to believe that Brienne would stumble across Arya in that landscape, seemed contrived. Also find it hard to believe that Littlefinger wouldn't have found Arya when they were all so close and the Hound announced himself at the bloody gate, especially since the lords of the Vale know about Sansa now.

Danny, surely dragons can melt through any chains? Also how are the dragons going to develop if they're chained up in a hole? Has she given up on conquering or what?

For a second I thought that the biggest dragon had flown to where Bran was and was gonna kick some zombie arse (not that it would make any sense). But then it was just a little girl throwing magic grenades. Sucked that the Love Actually kid died, he never really got to do much. Looking forward to finding out more about the Tree/Crow man and Bran "flying".

Tywin dying sucked so much balls. He was such an awesome character. Not Tywin's fault that Tyrion murdered Shae. Basically, Tyrion has just screwed over his whole family and destabilised the whole Kingdom just because a whore betrayed him and his father and sister screwed him. It's not like Tywin didn't give Tyrion fair warning that he shouldn't fall in love with whores. Isn't Tyrion supposed to be super smart? Because it seems like he does a lot of really stupid shit.

Cersei and Jaimie... ummm what? Jaimie raped her next to the body of her dead son a couple of episodes ago, and Cersei is trying desperately to kill Tyrion, and now it's happy families again? What the hell is going on there? And she could never make it public that Tommen was a bastard, not unless she wanted to get her own son killed.

I'm rooting for Stannis now, presumably that means he's going to die a horrible death soon.

Red Priestess woman was giving Jon some weird looks, that could be interesting.

And Arya finally going to Bravos, awesome!

I guess the Tyrells will be in charge in Kings Landing now. Jaimie will have to go to Casterly Rock, dunno what Cersei thinks she's going to do.

Also where the heck is Robert's bastard? He rowed off in a boat somewhere, and we haven't seen him again.

Yeah dunno, this episode kind of sucked for me because yet more of my favourite characters died stupidly. But I expect that to happen now, so whatever. Sets up some cool stuff for next season though.

Does anybody else hate Stannis? The wildlings were about to negotiate reasonable peace terms with the Night's Watch, and then Stannis comes and slaughters them. Where were the wargs to alert Mance about their coming? Where were the giants and mammoths?

Stannis is a lunatic with his evil red woman trying to assert his authority. He shouldn't have been even north of the wall, it's not his kingdom.

Sirar Salih, on 07 May 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:snapback.png

Here is what I think is going to happen:

Brienne/Pod will cross roads with Hound/Arya. Brienne is looking for the Stark girls, so she demands that the Hound hand over Arya, the Hound refuses and an epic duel takes place between Brienne and the Hound. Brienne wins the duel and gravely wounds the Hound, Brienne then takes Arya with her and they leave the Hound to his death. Arya later escapes to Braavos where she becomes a faceless assassin.

This scenario makes Brienne a valuable witness against fArya later on.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/109282-bookshow-spoilers-anyone-else-surprised-at-sandorarya-scene/page-3#entry5752249

Hah, I'm a genius :D

Does anybody else hate Stannis? The wildlings were about to negotiate reasonable peace terms with the Night's Watch, and then Stannis comes and slaughters them. Where were the wargs to alert Mance about their coming? Where were the giants and mammoths?

Stannis is a lunatic with his evil red woman trying to assert his authority. He shouldn't have been even north of the wall, it's not his kingdom.

A ) No one hates Stannis, Stannis is awesome

B )They weren't about to negotiate peace, Jon wasn't there to negotiate, but to kill Mance, and in reality all Mance did was demand the Night's Watch surrender or die.

C ) The fight was extremely lacking, since apparently most of the budget went to episode 9, but we can assume that they didn't expect to be attacked north of the Wall, so Stannis' men caught them unawares.

D ) He was outside his kingdom by a couple hundred yards and saved his kingdom from a wildling attack (which no one else was willing to do). Unless of course you meant that he's not really the king, then you'll face the wrath of every Stannis-fan on the forums shortly...

Edited by Kernest