How would you rate episode 410?

Ran

How would you rate episode 410?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

8 minutes early?

50 minutes late.

It started good. They should have just stopped at the mediocre Stannis scene and before Jon burned Ygritte they should have just ended the season and hired a better writer.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I gave it a 10 the first time round. And I still would. It was majestic. The episode I really hate in this season is episode 6. The one thing wrong with e10 however is the absence of revelation concerning what happened with Tysha, which provides a bit less explanation as to why Tywin had to die.

Edited by The Killer Snark

The Wall scenes were good IMO

I had an issue firstly with Tywin/Cersei, so there's supposed to be some idea Cersei somehow "got one up on him", what rubbish, he can easily call her out on it, he can happily go back to Casterly Rock, she however is the Queen Regent in a Cadet Baratheon/Lannister Royal line, so if you publicly claim your children are Jaimies bastards as you threaten to do so, you pretty much publicly legitimise Stannis's claim, a man who without the Iron Bank loan is isolated and effectively finished on Dragonstone* (assuming they don't know he's headed to the Wall).

You are going to also isolate the Tyrells, you know the House which has effectively given you the balance of power, they aren't going to marry Margaery to Tommen after that and will likely defect to Stannis

And then there's the, "hey, why did you try to have me executed". Well I had made a deal to send you to the Wall but you made a point of asking for trail by combat and stared at me all smug, you forced my hand put yourself in that position

I can understand the first one was meant to lead to Cersei/Jaimie in White Tower and act as an inverse of the Sept scene, and the second one had to happen to be in line with the books and lead to Tyrions exile but it is all rather weak

Then there's children with fireballs thanks to there being no Coldhands, good grief these people forged the Dragonglass Sam used to kill the other, just give her a flaming/magic bow or something, if they had fireball abilities like that they wouldn't have lost to the First Men, not to mention it makes hardly any sense given the Old Gods dislike fire and stray fireballs = burning trees and forests...

7. Biggest letdown ever, as with so many 'wow' moments in the source material I thought it had the potential to be the best episode in the series. Worst bit was killing off yet another character who isn't dead in the books (Jojen). Next worst was the absence of a Tysha reveal, even though she'd regularly been mentioned in the first three seasons. As a result, Tyrion's double murder seemed underwhelming and lacking in motive.

• 3 weeks later...

7. Biggest letdown ever, as with so many 'wow' moments in the source material I thought it had the potential to be the best episode in the series. Worst bit was killing off yet another character who isn't dead in the books (Jojen). Next worst was the absence of a Tysha reveal, even though she'd regularly been mentioned in the first three seasons. As a result, Tyrion's double murder seemed underwhelming and lacking in motive.

I pretty much agree with everything said here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

6,5. The skeleton scene was ridiculous and why the hell does Bloodraven look super healthy and not.. tree-y... at all? It was such a dissapointment.

The rest of the episode was OK, I guess. Oh, when Qyburn said something like "It might change him" regarding the Mountain I had an evil laugh :devil: well that's something I'm looking forward to see on the show.

6,5. The skeleton scene was ridiculous and why the hell does Bloodraven look super healthy and not.. tree-y... at all? It was such a dissapointment.

The rest of the episode was OK, I guess. Oh, when Qyburn said something like "It might change him" regarding the Mountain I had an evil laugh :devil: well that's something I'm looking forward to see on the show.

The skeleton scene was brilliant, especially seeing it again in IMAX. Edited by Jack Bauer 24