Black Actors?

Hop-Robin

What are all the future roles that black actors and actresses could be cast in and who would you cast as them?

The ones I can think of and my casting choices are:

Areo Hotah- Adewale Akinnouye-Agbaje

Brown Ben Plumm- Idris Elba

Moqorro- Bill Duke

Quhuru Mo- Danny Sapani

Xhondo- Djimon Honsou

Kojja Mo- Caroline Chikezie

Sarella Sand- Tracy Ifeachor

Bill Duke is awesome. But Not as the Red Priest. Think Bigger. Is there a British or African actor built like Mark Henry?

Anwan Glover from the Wire/12years would be fun as just about any possible character.

why not Bill Dukes?? i think he has the perfect look, no?

I think Duke looks perfect for M.

And as much as I love the dude I don't see anywhere for Glover.

Right?? thank you!! I don't know what it is, but something about him, he's just perfect. I also like Isaach De Bankole or Dorian Harewood for M

The thing about Bill Duke - is he's in his 70s. . - If Bill Duke was 1993 Bill Duke - Menace 2 Society Bill Duke... But I saw him recently and he looked really old. Adewale has actually been my top pic for this role Peter Mensah a close second. Unless Aero Hotah really is going to be a black character - then Adewale for Aero and Peter Mensah(or Mark Henry) for Moqorro.

Oh and if we get the whole Mo Swan Ship stuff and I hope we do. I'd like Gwen Christie to recruit Lupita from the set of Star Wars. I actually feel those scenes have the potential for intelligent dialog on race in westeroes. Gilly's Innocence and bewilderment - Sam being out of his depth. That's the scene.

A lot of actors do 1 for the art and 1 for the bank and are happy to work for scale if the script is well written enough. I can't see the BBC's budget for Luther being anywhere near as big as HBO's for GOT.

of course there is still the issue of the script, which has wandered off in some odd directions this season.

I picture Idris Elba as Areo Hotah moreso than Brown Ben Plumm, personally, but yeah, agree with the above that he's probably got way too large a pricetag at his point. His fellow Wire co-star Gbenga Akinnagbe might be able to pull either role though. Certainly Hotah.

Would Idris Elba really have a higher price tag than Samuel L Jackson? Who has appeared in 2 episodes of Marvel's agents of sheild this season, and an advert for Sky broadband.

I really don't think that the high price tag thing is an issue. If an actor or actress likes the role and they have nothing else that clashes they will do it. It is just up the the casting team to ask them.

BTW I think Sam L jackson would kill as Moqorro, or more so Ben Plumm, if they can get someone to write good enough monologues for him

Would Idris Elba really have a higher price tag than Samuel L Jackson? Who has appeared in 2 episodes of Marvel's agents of sheild this season, and an advert for Sky broadband.

I really don't think that the high price tag thing is an issue. If an actor or actress likes the role and they have nothing else that clashes they will do it. It is just up the the casting team to ask them.

BTW I think Sam L jackson would kill as Moqorro, or more so Ben Plumm, if they can get someone to write good enough monologues for him

Yeah but what are the travel and time demands of those gigs (compared to a month+ in Spain for a Dorne regular), and how did Sam Jackson's contracts to basically play a recurring character in several Marvel movies, play a role in those decisions?

How about that actor who was in Oz... played the scary black dude with the cute hat. So hot

What are all the future roles that black actors and actresses could be cast in and who would you cast as them?

The ones I can think of and my casting choices are:

Areo Hotah- Adewale Akinnouye-Agbaje

Brown Ben Plumm- Idris Elba

Moqorro- Bill Duke

Quhuru Mo- Danny Sapani

Xhondo- Djimon Honsou

Kojja Mo- Caroline Chikezie

Sarella Sand- Tracy Ifeachor

Adewale was awesome in Oz.

Speaking of Oz what about Eamonn Walker... and Harold Perrineau

Archived