Say you wake up tomorrow in Westeros....

Dead

I'll go find Cersei and tell her that I'm a woods witch or sorceress of some sort and reveal to her everything that she doesn't know(who really killed Joffrey,where is Tyrion,where is Sansa,who killed Kevan and Pycelle etc.)

That or she'll take your head for being a woods witch, mentioning that the last one didn't brought her any joy.

Does it have to be the Kneeling Man? It's so far away from anywhere where you can live without money and modern-world knowledge. I would likely starve or get slaughtered while traveling to the Citadel (hoping they don't need a tuition) or the Wall (hoping they accept a student of computer science as a steward).

I would most likely take the Wall and be present when Mel revives Jon. And then I'll shout: "Hey, I know who your mother is. You'll never guess that-" *getting stabbed by a White Walker*

Get out of Westeros and go to Lorath. Why Lorath? Aside from general curiosity about somewhere that never gets mentioned... It never gets mentioned, which probably means it's usually not involved in the Free City wars or gets tangled up in much of anything, which makes it sound like a wise place to be unobtrusive.

figure out where i am first, then make use of the "survival skills" that i have. i have some experience with short weapons (knives, daggers, axes etc) so that would come in handy. plus like all the others, massive knowledge that all people in this universe mostly doesn't have. then if i find a decent enough house to serve under, weasel my way up the ranks. then after i've amassed enough wealth and influence for myself, i'd run away and go to Essos (maybe)

could i at least get a weapon man well i guess i would have to rely on my wilderness training from cadets and boxing/jujitsu training. I would join up with aegon more than likely until i can get a ship to take me to braavos or quart. This is all after i stopped having a panic attack and blame whoever first comes to my mind for putting me in this situation.

Hope that I get to the citadel without dying and somehow disguise me as man and take up studies. If that doesn't work, Dorne or Braavos seem like good places to go. I could probably work as servant somewhere, or as a scribe. Maybe even as nanny for some highborn kids, experience as big sister could come in handy.

As much as I like the Starks, I would not go anywhere near the North, because, yeah, White Walkers and Winter and civil war.... nope, I don't think I would survive that.

I don't speak westerosi and mine clothes clearly show that im a stranger, probably from some strange, heathen land, somewhere in Essos...

God... im so screwed.

But, if for some miracle, i can speak westerosi, and find some nice westrosi that can take me to Oldtown, i would "invent" the printing press with the help of the maesters, showing them how useful is that invention for their work and mission.

After that i would write some philosophycal works: "The Primacy of Law", "Liberty, Equality and Fraternity" "Contract Between the King and the People"...

After the weeping and rending of clothes (which would probably be bad as I would have nothing to replace them), probably get killed by the innkeeper for being in his/her inn without paying. If I can manage to sneak out the window, probably have to steal a horse and make my way as far south as south goes, likely getting raped and/or dying along the way since I can't use a sword or knife, don't know how to hunt or fish, am probably naked after the rending of my clothes and have no money. But if by some miracle I make it south, if I don't settle in Dorne (which if I must stay in Westeros is the only possible place I would be willing to live) my black behind would be on a ship to the Summer Isles so fast it wouldn't even be funny.

Some assumptions:

1. I am transported there somehow, and retain my current memories and experiences.
  2. I am immediately aware of my surroundings, or have realized my situation before the end of breakfast, including the exact day.
  3. Assuming I woke up there, the Innkeeper would either have seen me the night before, or more likely wondered where I came from in the night.
  4. I will be equipped with the stuff I have on me right now. That includes some US coins, and a keychain with cool stuff on it (pool cue tool, for one).
  5. There is work to be done somewhere, which I can perform to barter food, drink, and basic equipment over the next few days.

With these five assumptions, I can build a complex logical structure for geometry begin to make something of my fate.

I would work the forge, bellows, fields or any other work necessary to earn trust and proper winter gear, I would be especially helpful with heavy lifting. Though not formally trained in any weapons, I can swing a big stick well enough to drive thrown orbs on a line, reliably. It wouldn't take long to hone my archery skills. Within a week, I would be equipped to travel. Two weeks at most.

I would head south, knowing what the North holds in store. Hopefully Oldtown and the Citadel would see me within three months. It would help to acquire a horse, though nothing too spirited. Perhaps, with an extra week at the Inn, where there is a forge, I could create a rudimentary steam engine, and power a cart to go five to eight MPH, but unreliable roads would end any chance of it really working. Best place to learn to ride is in the saddle...

Once in Oldtown, I would seek Alleras, Marwyn, or Samwell, and explain some physics like steam power, and also why it's imperative to develop stuff to defend against the Others. Certainly anything relying on undead is suspect in intention. I would suggest that Dany's dragons may be needed sooner than expected, to cook the living dead. I would also share what I know about dragonglass.

Then I would go train, until I was good enough to fight worth a damn. And I would read any old books in the down time, to glean what could be found about fighting the Others. If I made it that far...

I don't speak westerosi and mine clothes clearly show that im a stranger, probably from some strange, heathen land, somewhere in Essos...

God... im so screwed.

But, if for some miracle, i can speak westerosi, and find some nice westrosi that can take me to Oldtown, i would "invent" the printing press with the help of the maesters, showing them how useful is that invention for their work and mission.

After that i would write some philosophycal works: "The Primacy of Law", "Liberty, Equality and Fraternity" "Contract Between the King and the People"...

Isn't westerosi english?? :huh:

Truly, I'd either:

A) Attempt to journey to the Quiet Isle, take refuge there as Elder Brother has a plan. And myself and Gravedigger would train and retrain for the impending.

or

B) I'd attempt a search for The Brotherhood Without Banners. Theyr ea chill group, and they have a noble cause. I'd pledge to the Lady, and together we'd hang, and burn all in our path.

or finally,

C) Attempt to make for Volantis, and join Benerro and the Red Temple, as R'hllor is the closest thing to Satanism in the ASOIAF world. From there learnt he secrets of precognition, shade-raising and/or resurrection/healing

Archived