Most satisfying moment in the series?

Sourleaf Addict

• 2 months later...

Joff's demise: that pays for so much....

Any other point where Joff gets smacked, dissed, made to look like a tit or generally is given a taste of his own medicine.

Wylla Manderly's defence of her family's debt of honour to House Stark. You go girl! Tell it like is is!

Jaime leaping to Brienne's rescue from the bear pit.

Pycelle's death, even if it is off-the-page, I really loathed that guy.

For me, I'm torn because the two most satisfying moments for me were Tywins death and Joffry death. But while I felt relief that they got what they had comin' all along.. I also hated to see the characters go.

Theon being tortured. He deserves it. Maybe not by such a psychopath but he did deserve it nonetheless.

Two words … Oberyn Martell - every scene was gold.

Hell Yeah! That man is so awesome, even the show couldn't fuck him up!

Jon killing Janos Slynt. Not only was it a moment of justice, but it seemed fitting that the son of Ned Stark (if not biologically than at least adopted) executes a man who played a role in the Purge of the Starks in the manner that Ned taught his children at the beginning of the series.

This scene is even more satisfying to me because I know it was a revision from a version he read at a con. I like to have my own addiction to writing everything in a ridiculous amount of drafts validated.

The King in the North (!) was pretty stirring. My brain adding in it's own epic swelling music.

Justice, Vengeance, Fire, and Blood - I cannot tell you how happy this made me the first time I read. Not only did I just get to read several chapters with minimal misogyny and very little rape culture bullshit, but now Awesome Minimal Misogyny Land was going to kickass!? Sign me the fuck up.

Rereading aGoT for the first time after cluing into R+L=J. It was like a whole new book, at it was satisfying. And very sad. Poor Ned.

Archived