AncalagonTheBlack

BBC America has released the first trailer for original series Intruders:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbRbU5sMlH0

Premiere: Saturday, Aug. 23,2014 at 10 p.m. ET/PT

Cast

• John Simm as Jack Whelan, an ex-police officer with a dark, violent past
  • Mira Sorvino as Amy, Jack's wife, who goes missing
  • James Frain as Richards Shepherd, a murderer who claims to be an FBI agent

Intruders—based on Michael Marshall Smith’s 2007 novel about “a secret society devoted to chasing immortality by seeking refuge in the bodies of others”—will premiere its eight-episode first season on BBC America on August 23 at 10 pm ET.

Doctor Who alum John Simm stars as Jack Whelan, a troubled, violent ex-cop who returns to a life he thought he left behind after his wife Amy (Mira Sorvino) goes missing. A number of intertwining storylines (like an assassin covering up his crimes and a distraught little girl on the run) reveal a greater conspiracy.

Intruders also stars James Frain, Tory Kittles, and Millie Brown. The series comes from writer and executive producer Glen Morgan (The River, The X-Files).

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

really diggin' this show.... and the kid is fantastic.

She surprises me every week. So expressive as her personalities are fighting for control. That scene this week... in the office... Nothing says creepy! like a 9 year old female pedophile - man that was disturbing. This show is so awesome that I'm going to keep bumping the thread every week in hopes that more people will watch.

I'm not sure what to think. The first two episodes were ok. I didn't really enjoy the third all that much. It's just not capturing enough of my interest yet but I'll keep giving it a go when I remember since there is clearly something interesting there.

She surprises me every week. So expressive as her personalities are fighting for control. That scene this week... in the office... Nothing says creepy! like a 9 year old female pedophile - man that was disturbing. This show is so awesome that I'm going to keep bumping the thread every week in hopes that more people will watch.

Right?.... totally creepy.... right up there with Annie from Copper

Another good episode this week. Other than the first episode it seems they don't mind layering in a decent amount of information each week. It kind of reminds me of Orphan Black in that. Once again Millie Bobby Brown (I had to look up her name, because she deserves better than just being called the little girl) did a fantastic job, but

James Frain getting backed up into falling down and allowing her to escape seemed to stretch plausibility. Maybe he really didn't want to shoot, but everything we've seen from his character doesn't make me think he would have any compunctions about it. He must have plans for Marcus other than just the money he was paid to bring him back.

Archived