your ASOIAF books ranking

NorthRememberz

Looking at them objectively and valuing them based on plot, story, pacing, and POV characters.

1, A Storm of Swords.

2, A Game of Thrones.

3, A Clash of Kings.

4, A Dance with Dragons.

5, A Feast for Crows.

That said, I am very fond of Dance, though I can admit it was not as good as the first three books.

Storm

Dance

Game

Clash

Feast

Placing Dance so high, how spooky. Love them all of course.

TWOW is going to be nuts though, every zone with a PoV character in right now is set to explode, sometimes in more ways than one. There can be over ten potential monarch's if you stretch it far enough.

The war of five kings is just a warm up.

Storm

Game

Clash

Dunk and Egg

Feast

Dance

Feast was my least favourite at first but I enjoyed it much more when I reread it.

Dance - this is always going to be my least favorite book unless TWOW and ADOS suck spectacularly. Long, pointless travels across a continent with even less of a sense of scale than the main setting, and then right before the climax it just dies by not resolving anything anywhere ever. The fact that the EDITOR encouraged GRRM to cut the climax instead of turning the 12 Tyrion chapters into, say, 6 (and so forth with the other characters) makes me want to give her the MMD treatment.

This^

1. A Dance With Dragons (this one was so good, so many things happened and GRRM noticeably improved in my opinion)

2. A Storm of Swords and A Feast for Crows (can't choose)

3. A Game of Thrones (the first one, I am fond of Eddard)

4. A Clash of Kings (the most boring one in my opinion)

Archived