Game of Thrones Iron Throne Ale Wanted

BoldGhost

Hello all,

I know no better place than here to ask this question, so hopefully one of you can help me. I am searching for the first Game of Thrones Ommegang beer, Iron Throne Ale. It was released just before the season 3 premiere and I had tried some of a friends. I thought it was relatively good, but I have since started collecting all the bottles. Now I am trying to catch my collection up and all I need is Iron Throne Ale. I have found 1 place that still has it (from a year ago believe it or not!) within 200 miles from me (Maryland, USA) however, upon calling, they refuse to sell it as they are keeping it for a special occasion that they don't know of yet. Whatever. So now I'm back on the search. I would love some that was un-opened, but I know it's almost impossible. What I do want is someone selling the bottle individually. I have only found 1 person on eBay/ETSY (I'm guessing it's the same lister) and they will only sell their set of bottles and they want something crazy like $200 for 5 empty beer bottles. I am willing to pay a reasonable price, but I'm not paying $200 when I have 4 of the 5 bottles. Does anyone have one, or have any leads?

Any help is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Cuellar, I would be interested in buying an empty bottle of Iron Throne Ale (with cork) if you're interested in selling?

I'm also looking for the 3rd Fire & Blood bottle. It's hard to tell which dragon it is supposed to be but it's the one that is looking over it's back (it's either Viserion or Rhaegal).

Not sure where you live, but I got 2 cases of the stuff in cali. I even have 2 bottles in the fridge.

Hey,

If I was able to buy a couple of bottle from you, you might actually be my lifesaver! I'm looking to replace the couple of bottles that my movers smashed when we were moving apartments :(

I live in LA, so it shouldn't be too hard to make it happen if you were willing to part with a couple of bottles!

Let me know :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry I w as s wrong on the original bottles. I have 2 cases of taking the black, and two bottles in my fridge for the one with dragons on it.

I actually enjoyed Taking the Black the most as a drink - so if you still have some of these, Id be happy to take a couple off you to crack open and celebrate when the new season starts!

Definitely little hope. However, I can't imagine the stuff is any good any more. If someone has one that has been sitting around this long, I seriously doubt it was stored in great conditions, and so will almost definitely taste awful :(

Take the black should last a little longer thankfully

• 3 weeks later...

I sure hope it's just a change in character, and not bad. I really just want the bottle since I have already experienced the beer. I am storing a Fire & Blood in preparation for the next season premiere. I wasn't a huge fan so I'm hoping it gets better. The Valar Morghulis that's coming out in the fall sounds promising though.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived