R+L=J is inconsistent with J+D

Juliet Burke

I can buy the theory on a number of points.

1. I believe the second Dance will be heavily paralleled by the first with Dany as Rhaenyra. Jon would then be a Daemon figure, a nephew instead of an uncle consort

2. Incest is what the Targaryens did. i don't have to like it in real life, but to appreciate Jon and Dany as characters you have to accept that this is their blood. also, it's fantasy. Jaime and Cersei doing it taboo is waaay worse and he has plenty of fans.

3. Ice and Fire. They may not be a lot alike according to some, but their arcs being on the opposite ends of the world makes it seem fitting to me. Jon deals with the Ice threat. Dany is the Fire threat. If anything, I'd say the setup of their arcs was supposed to make the pairing look all but impossible so it could be a surprise in the end, but alas, forums ruined that. ;)

4. Neither has a "type" as many claimed. Dany has been with three men and only one she chose herself as an adult woman with a healthy sexuality. He was nothing like her first husband other than the vague description of "warrior" and her second husband she cannot stand. Jon was with one woman Ygritte and honestly a lot of that was to survive among the wildlings, and the current woman he's subconciously interested in looks like an eskimo Dany. The type argument against is stupid.

5. I'm more invested in Dany's happiness than Jon's, so I think it would be very sweet for Dany to end up with the only surviving son of the brother she idolizes without having ever met him. Dany is as obsessed with Rhaegar as this fandom is, and while, yes, incest is gross (hope I don't offend any familial lovers when I say this. whatever floats your boat) I just think it would be one of the very few things that would make Dany truly happy, being with the son of her beloved lost brother.

So after typing all that I both need to take a shower and need to go on tumblr and find images like this.

I'm not against Jon + Dany, I want it, but I'm don't want incest.

Archived