Top 5 people you'd like to see on the Iron Throne at the end.

There will be no throne at the end.

Agreed.

It will be destroyed and in its place a new political dawn will take shape. Not sure how or what, I'll leave that in the capable hands of GRRM (how generous of me!)

The idea of a return to divided kingdoms only works for me in terms of it being more of a guarantee of ongoing action and narrative, and obviously that matters much less if none of that is going to happen in a way we get to read about.

But just in terms of utilitarianism, I think people are romanticizing the pre-Targ era. Which seems to have been a pretty brutal period of almost incessant warfare along several fronts.

Didn't he say that when in the books Tommen was king?

Yes, I thought so... and I thought he meant maybe 1. Myrcella, 2. Aegon, 3. Littlefinger, 4. Euron, 5. and then they'll recognize that it's just getting worse and worse every time and destroy this damn thing (before somebody even more terrible comes... even it couldn't get any worse then, Imo).

I think the Baratheons should keep the IT. Robert may not have been a good governor, but the peace was kept under him. The Lannisters/LF are responsible for the War of the Five Kings.

Sure, the Baratheons had no part in it.

1) No throne. From whence it came it shall return, after the death of Dany and her WMDs (or at least an independent Dorne and North. The other kingdoms can do whatever they want)

2) Daenerys as Queen with Arianne as her consort

3) Aegon VI Targaryen

4) Dany

5) Stannis Baratheon

Under no circumstances should Jon Snow even come close to the throne.

Sure, the Baratheons had no part in it.

Stannis is the rightful king. You can really pin it all on Cersei by not giving Robert a true heir. She kept banging Jaime instead and tried to pass his kids off as Robert's.

Stannis is the rightful king. You can really pin it all on Cersei by not giving Robert a true heir. She kept banging Jaime instead and tried to pass his kids off as Robert's.

Stannis abandoned Robert knowing the truth about the children. The blame can't all be put in one place.

Archived