Videogames: Your Absurd Character Demands Cannot Be Met

Sivin

As far as your question pertaining to Stick of Truth. You do have a choice, and the only difference is the enemies in the next mission.

I also freaking loved Tenchu. Granted, the last time I played that game was like 15 years ago and my memory could be fuzzy about it, but I loved me a good ninja game. They don't really make those anymore huh? Guess I'll have to keep waiting until someone realizes that a new Assassin's Creed game in Japan is a good idea. ^_^

If the only difference is the next mission, then I'll just make an extra save and do both. :thumbsup:

AC Japan would be cool. Not as cool as a new Tenchu though. :ninja: They did make one a few years ago. But I think it was XBLA only, and I heard it was pretty bad.

If the only difference is the next mission, then I'll just make an extra save and do both. :thumbsup:

AC Japan would be cool. Not as cool as a new Tenchu though. :ninja: They did make one a few years ago. But I think it was XBLA only, and I heard it was pretty bad.

Yeah that's about the only difference. That goth mission was imo the low point of the game. For me it got much better from then on out, with one incredible part in the middle and a fantastic ending. It's a tad short but worth it for any fan.

I played through Mass Effect 2, started Mass Effect 3, and then turned around and went right back to Mass Effect 2 for a second go on a different class.

I'm liking ME3 well enough so far, but yes... I liked ME2 slightly better.

Finished Max Payne 3 after picking it up from the Steam sale a week or so ago. I liked it way more than I thought I would. The story is pretty basic, but it's the character of Max Payne that makes it great. Unlike nearly every game ever, he actually feels like a real character with real emotions and motivations, not a prop for the story Normally I don't really like narrations, but his is just fantastic, so bitter and cynical yet witty. And the final level... my god. The moment this one song comes on is pure epicness and badassery I don't think I've ever seen in a game before.

Since I finished the three games I got from the Steam sale I wanted to play (Far Cry 3, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, and Max Payne 3) I tried getting back into Mass Effect 3..... but I couldn't. It's just nowhere near as good as Mass Effect 2 (which is a masterpiece and my favourite game ever). My problems with the game are so many I won't even bother describing them.

it's the character of Max Payne that makes it great. Unlike nearly every game ever, he actually feels like a real character with real emotions and motivations, not a prop for the story Normally I don't really like narrations, but his is just fantastic, so bitter and cynical yet witty. And the final level... my god. The moment this one song comes on is pure epicness and badassery I don't think I've ever seen in a game before.

Have you ever played Max Payne 1 or 2?

Have you ever played Max Payne 1 or 2?

I think I played a bit of the first one years ago, but I don't remember much. I considered getting them real cheap on Steam, but decided against it. I mean, I'm not one to not play games just cause of older graphics, but sometimes it's a bit too jarring, and after playing MP3 it would be even more so. I heard they're good, but I dunno.

I hesitate to call anything Chinese Room develops a "game". Find a YouTube let's play without commentary for any of their games and you'll get the exact same experience without a sore middle finger from holding down the W key for hours.

But hey, their stuff just isn't my thing.

Exploring stuff floats my boat

I just finished Shadowrun Returns, and although I enjoyed the game, it has a really huge flaw. It allowed me to take a character and haphazardly build it to the point that it was almost not able to complete it. I was just running on autosaves, and I brought the wrong group in the final battle and wasn't able to rectify that without a complete replay through. I would not have done that.

Finished Max Payne 3 after picking it up from the Steam sale a week or so ago. I liked it way more than I thought I would. The story is pretty basic, but it's the character of Max Payne that makes it great. Unlike nearly every game ever, he actually feels like a real character with real emotions and motivations, not a prop for the story Normally I don't really like narrations, but his is just fantastic, so bitter and cynical yet witty. And the final level... my god. The moment this one song comes on is pure epicness and badassery I don't think I've ever seen in a game before.

The airport shootout to 'Tears' by Health? Yeah, that's a really great moment. Rockstar, for all of their flaws, are great at putting visuals and music together in a game in a way that no other company quite manages (shame they don't always bring the gameplay, but in this case they did).

I think I played a bit of the first one years ago, but I don't remember much. I considered getting them real cheap on Steam, but decided against it. I mean, I'm not one to not play games just cause of older graphics, but sometimes it's a bit too jarring, and after playing MP3 it would be even more so. I heard they're good, but I dunno.

Both MP1 and 2 have vastly better stories and are much better-written than 3. They also haven't aged badly at all. 1 is a bit jarring with the non-animated faces when people speak, but it doesn't happen that often, and for a game released in 2001 MP1 looks absolutely amazing. MP2 has aged far better, it was the best-looking game in existence when it was released and it's perfectly playable now.

Both MP1 and 2

Basically, it's a love story and one of the better-realised love stories in the entire history of gaming

So much this. Max Payne 2 isn't a shooter, it's a love story masquerading as a shooter, and the ending is brilliant and makes it quite crystal-clear, imho. Though wisely you didn't exxpand on it, not to spoil people who haven't played it yet :)

Both MP1 and 2 have vastly better stories and are much better-written than 3. They also haven't aged badly at all. 1 is a bit jarring with the non-animated faces when people speak, but it doesn't happen that often, and for a game released in 2001 MP1 looks absolutely amazing. MP2 has aged far better, it was the best-looking game in existence when it was released and it's perfectly playable now.

The interesting thing about MP2 is that besides looking great it also did not need top notch hardware to run, even when it was released. Today it runs on almost everything. And yes MP1 and 2 had much better stories and characters, than 3. Hell, I don't really consider MP3 to be proper Max Payne game. It's like they just took franchise character and made different game (there are some similarities with gameplay, but the atmosphere feels weird).

And Mona is one of the best female video game characters ever :).

Made a second attempt (the first being a year ago) to play The Witcher (the first one, not the second, which I love and have put many hours into).

I'm really loving the general atmosphere and storytelling, and I like a lot of the gameplay, but damn does it feel grindy at points. I loved chapter 1 and thought it was perfectly paced, but shiiit, every time I have to go into the swamp in chapter 2 I feel like I need to take a drink :Lol:

Very good game though, although I still prefer the second for many reasons.

In my "Noobtastic Not All That Late Mass Effect 3 Playthrough" I just finished up with the Tuchanka section and really enjoyed the entire sequence. Then went back to the Citadel and was completely caught off guard by that entire storyline. Really liking the gameplay better now as well. One of the great things about ME2 and 3 is the difficulty I have in deciding who to bring with me on each mission. Everyone of them are really unique and I like their dialogue in different situations.

I'm really regretting not getting the Fallout New Vegas DLC back in the spring when it was cheap. It had been $2 a pop, now its bak up to $10 for each. Granted, I would've been even more annoyed back when I had that save file corruption issue since then I would've had a wasted money issue on top of the wasted time one. But now everything seems fine, and I've done absolutely everything except the endgame, but I'm not interested in paying $40 total for the DLC. Guess I'll wait and see if they go on sale again at some point. I've beaten the main game itself before, so I'm in no rush to finish it off again; especially since I've got other things to play.

Archived