Wow, I never noticed that v. 6

Sleep came at last, and with it nightmares. He dreamed of burning castles and dead men rising unquiet from their graves.

Jon VIII, Clash

I think this is a double entendre. First you have his recollection of the fire at Castle Black and Othor and Jafer but later we have Ramsay torching Winterfell and Bran & co removing the swords from the dead kings.

This was inspired by Bloodraven. Why?

Arya X, Clash

It could also be from Bran. We know from his POV that he can travel in time with the weirwood-net. He looks back through Winterfell. So I wonder if in later chapters we will see him at this point as well.

It could also be from Bran. We know from his POV that he can travel in time with the weirwood-net. He looks back through Winterfell. So I wonder if in later chapters we will see him at this point as well.

The more I think on it the more I think it was the old gods not just Bloodraven.

I either missed or just as likely completely forgot that Jon was showing signs of having warging abilities as early as the second book...

Until the second read, anyway.

First book actually. He can hear Ghost, when no one else can. Given that Ghost never makes any noise, that's pretty strong evidence of a connection between them.

"I trust you enjoyed the journey, Your Grace?"

Robert snorted. "Bogs and forests and fields, and scarcely a decent inn north of the Neck. I've never seen such a vast emptiness. Where are all your people?"

"Likely they were too shy to come out," Ned jested. He could feel the chill coming up the stairs, a cold breath from deep within the earth. "Kings are a rare sight in the north."

Robert snorted. "More likely they were hiding under the snow. Snow, Ned!"

Not sure if its been said before but... Obvious Jon foreshadowing is obvious

Wow good spot

This has probably been mentioned before, but I just finished rereading ACoK, and in Arya's last chapter I noticed for the first time that the Freys find out about Robb's marriage before we do! Arya hears them screeching about being 'dishonoured' and that young one she's been hanging around with is wailing about not being allowed to marry his princess any more.

I was CONVINCED that Robb shows up with Jeyne at the end of Clash, but Cat's last chapter ends with Jaime & Brienne... I really can't keep straight exactly what happens in each book sometimes!

"I trust you enjoyed the journey, Your Grace?"

Robert snorted. "Bogs and forests and fields, and scarcely a decent inn north of the Neck. I've never seen such a vast emptiness. Where are all your people?"

"Likely they were too shy to come out," Ned jested. He could feel the chill coming up the stairs, a cold breath from deep within the earth. "Kings are a rare sight in the north."

Robert snorted. "More likely they were hiding under the snow. Snow, Ned!"

Not sure if its been said before but... Obvious Jon foreshadowing is obvious

I remember this being brought up once before. The problem is he's suggesting that the smalllfolk are hiding under the snow, not that there are kings hidden under the snow. So it's a bit of a stretch.

I remember this being brought up once before. The problem is he's suggesting that the smalllfolk are hiding under the snow, not that there are kings hidden under the snow. So it's a bit of a stretch.

Well, Bob doesn't actually mean there are kings under the Snow, but the author is planting an easter egg for the readers.

Jon VIII, Clash

I think this is a double entendre. First you have his recollection of the fire at Castle Black and Othor and Jafer but later we have Ramsay torching Winterfell and Bran & co removing the swords from the dead kings.

The ghosts of WF are free. They took out Big Walder.

I never realized that two of the people with Osha when she attacks Bran are Nights Watch always thought they was wildlings

Are you sure about that? I was certain they were wildlings too. Deserting NW wouldn't be stupid enough to consider killing Bran...I don't think.

Are you sure about that? I was certain they were wildlings too. Deserting NW wouldn't be stupid enough to consider killing Bran...I don't think.

It is. I read that the other night. It's also in the wiki: "Osha was traveling with three other wildlings and a pair of Night's Watch deserters, Stiv and Wallen".

Bran watched him anxiously. The man’s clothes were filthy, fallen almost to pieces, patched here with brown and here with blue and there with a dark green, and faded everywhere to grey, but once that cloak might have been black. The grey stubbly man wore black rags too, he saw with a sudden start. Suddenly Bran remembered the oathbreaker his father had beheaded, the day they had found the wolf pups; that man had worn black as well, and Father said he had been a deserter from the Night’s Watch. No man is more dangerous, he remembered Lord Eddard saying. The deserter knows his life is forfeit if he is taken, so he will notflinch from any crime, no matter how vile or cruel.

I always imagined Valyria with white buildings but it turn out that they had black obsidian buildings and towers. It makes so much sense and I felt like a stupid for ignoring the facts I mean all the known buildings that were made by Valyrian magic are black obsidian; Dragonstone, Black Wall, Long Bridge.

Oh and I also imagined it with a nice weather, but the sky is pretty cloudly and dark, again, volcanoes! Doh!

And Asshai is not suppose to be a dark, gloomy city. It's by the Shadow not in the Shadow. It's sky has to be clear and bright.

I always imagined Valyria with white buildings but it turn out that they had black obsidian buildings and towers. It makes so much sense and I felt like a stupid for ignoring the facts I mean all the known buildings that were made by Valyrian magic are black obsidian; Dragonstone, Black Wall, Long Bridge.

Oh and I also imagined it with a nice weather, but the sky is pretty cloudly and dark, again, volcanoes! Doh!

And Asshai is not suppose to be a dark, gloomy city. It's by the Shadow not in the Shadow. It's sky has to be clear and bright.

Valyria probably had nice weather...before the doom.

Archived