Big Time Timmy Jim likes kicking the Padres while they're down

Manny Machado finally got put in time-out

Yoenis Cespedes has a precision engineered right arm

Jose Abreu might just break McGwire's rookie HR record

Adam Wainwright is ridiculous

Nelson Cruz has to still be juicing

A-Rod got the ok from MLB to juice

Masahiro Tanaka is a complete bust

I sure as hell hope Theo Epstein has a plan. Because "consistently trade your best players away" sure as hell doesn't seem like the best of plans.

The plan is too keep stock piling the farm and keep trading the older players. Sooner or later (and a it's leaning toward sooner) these guys are going to start breaking into the big leagues. Theo and Jed don't seem to care what position the player plays, they care about the value because they figure they can deal for what they will eventually need. That is going to be pitching because they don't have much in the farm right now. You might say, "well, then why trade Samardzija?" It's because he's going to be 30 and because he wants over 20 million a year. They offered 17, he turned them down.

The plan is too keep stock piling the farm and keep trading the older players. Sooner or later (and a it's leaning toward sooner) these guys are going to start breaking into the big leagues. Theo and Jed don't seem to care what position the player plays, they care about the value because they figure they can deal for what they will eventually need. That is going to be pitching because they don't have much in the farm right now. You might say, "well, then why trade Samardzija?" It's because he's going to be 30 and because he wants over 20 million a year. They offered 17, he turned them down.

Agree.

Things are looking up.

I sure as hell hope Theo Epstein has a plan. Because "consistently trade your best players away" sure as hell doesn't seem like the best of plans.

Have patience, this is only the 106th year of the rebuilding plan. These things take time.

Oh, I get it I guess. I just have lost pretty much all faith that, even when that farm system starts producing, that the Cubs will be able to take advantage of it.

Have patience, this is only the 106th year of the rebuilding plan. These things take time.

Case in point.

I refuse to let your plucky can do attitude that is mocking my faith deter me from believing that all will be right with the Cubs world. :p

If you guys ever won something, would you even know how to react? How strange would it feel? I'm sure that there must be some literature on how victims of Stockholme Syndrome deal with the new realities of their freedom somewhere, and perhaps that would be instructive as a way to prepare should you ever come close to victory?*

*I hope you bastards know that I love you and don't mean this harshly

That's truly the $64000 question. I do actually wonder what will happen to Chicago when the Cubs do win their first World Series in forever.

Archived