Masahiro Tanaka is a complete bust

#2 Ramsay Blow

Ramsay Blow

Council Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

Yes! I'll take any Yankee title even if it is for Hideki Irabu Jr.

So A-Rod had hypogonadism this whole time....vindicated at last!!

#3 Ygritte

Ygritte

Council Member

• Members
  • 924 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

I <3 Adam Wainwright and I'm so glad his injury seems to have been a minor thing. /knocks on every piece of wood in sight

#4 JBB5093

JBB5093

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:42 PM

The Braves have a nice little streak going and they've scored most of their runs without the long ball. Hopefully they can keep this up.

#5 Ramsay Blow

Ramsay Blow

Council Member

• Members
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

Samardzija to the A's. Great pickup for an already great team...jerks.

#6 Myshkin

Myshkin

Just You Shut Your Mouth

• Members
  • 6,726 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

Samardzija to the A's. Great pickup for an already great team...jerks.

It's now Samardzija and Hammel

#7 Ramsay Blow

Ramsay Blow

Council Member

• Members
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:09 PM

Yeah, I forgot that Hammel has learned how to pitch and has great stats this year so I didn't even include him.

#8 Triskan

Triskan

Frisky Trisky

• Members
  • 30,014 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

I am probably jinxing myself, but I might get access to some really good tickets to Braves at Dodgers later in the month.  That would be sweet both to get a game not in the cheap seats but also to have it be a good opponent. 

Yeah, Wainwright has been pretty ridic, but like Ygritte, I am still kind of terrified that he missed even a bit of time with an elbow thing.  Been lights out since though.  One of the best curves in the game and five total pitches.  I suspect being about 6'7" doesn't hurt.

But ugh, Rosenthal.  Went into the 9th up 3-0 and flirted with losing the game in every way imaginable only to be saved with a timely double-play. 

Nelson Cruz is juicing, and he stole his supply from Chris Davis.

Edited by Triskan Peersman, 04 July 2014 - 10:13 PM.

#9 Myshkin

Myshkin

Just You Shut Your Mouth

• Members
  • 6,726 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:27 PM

Clayton Kershaw has recovered nicely from his shoulder AIDs

You're fucking-A right he has!  36 consecutive scoreless innings and counting!

#10 Jaxom 1974

Jaxom 1974

Boy Meets World

• Members
  • 23,563 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:05 AM

Sounds like a good deal all around, though I'm slightly surprised Theo didn't spread the wealth and split those two up.

#11 awesome possum

awesome possum

naturally

• Members
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:06 AM

I sure as hell hope Theo Epstein has a plan.  Because "consistently trade your best players away" sure as hell doesn't seem like the best of plans. 

#12 MercenaryChef

MercenaryChef

Council Member

• Members
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

You're fucking-A right he has!  36 consecutive scoreless innings and counting!

He is my best friend! !

#13 Trebla

Trebla

Al Swearing Again

• Forum Moderators
  • 7,483 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

I sure as hell hope Theo Epstein has a plan.  Because "consistently trade your best players away" sure as hell doesn't seem like the best of plans. 

The plan is too keep stock piling the farm and keep trading the older players. Sooner or later (and a it's leaning toward sooner) these guys are going to start breaking into the big leagues. Theo and Jed don't seem to care what position the player plays, they care about the value because they figure they can deal for what they will eventually need. That is going to be pitching because they don't have much in the farm right now. You might say, "well, then why trade Samardzija?" It's because he's going to be 30 and because he wants over 20 million a year. They offered 17, he turned them down.

#14 Jaxom 1974

Jaxom 1974

Boy Meets World

• Members
  • 23,563 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:35 PM

The plan is too keep stock piling the farm and keep trading the older players. Sooner or later (and a it's leaning toward sooner) these guys are going to start breaking into the big leagues. Theo and Jed don't seem to care what position the player plays, they care about the value because they figure they can deal for what they will eventually need. That is going to be pitching because they don't have much in the farm right now. You might say, "well, then why trade Samardzija?" It's because he's going to be 30 and because he wants over 20 million a year. They offered 17, he turned them down.

Agree.

Things are looking up.

#15 Myshkin

Myshkin

Just You Shut Your Mouth

• Members
  • 6,726 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

Have patience, this is only the 106th year of the rebuilding plan.  These things take time.

#16 Triskan

Triskan

Frisky Trisky

• Members
  • 30,014 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

Have patience, this is only the 106th year of the rebuilding plan.  These things take time.

I do not always mourn the loss of the like button, but I mourn it here and hugely so.

So Rosenthal tried as hard as he could to blow a 3 run lead in the 9th yesterday and failed, but he completely succeeded in blowing a one run save opportunity today.  Wonderful.  It's great that he got his heat back after throwing only* 95 at the start of the year, but his control is suspect, and he's mostly just a fast-baller.

*yes, 95 is gas, but not when 99-100 is where you normally throw

#17 awesome possum

awesome possum

naturally

• Members
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:17 PM

Oh, I get it I guess.  I just have lost pretty much all faith that, even when that farm system starts producing, that the Cubs will be able to take advantage of it. 

Case in point. 

#18 Ramsay Blow

Ramsay Blow

Council Member

• Members
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:27 PM

Cruz thrown out at 3rd going for a triple and the cycle on a bang-bang play...I guess a 5 hit night will have to do.

#19 Jaxom 1974

Jaxom 1974

Boy Meets World

• Members
  • 23,563 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

I refuse to let your plucky can do attitude that is mocking my faith deter me from believing that all will be right with the Cubs world. :P

#20 Triskan

Triskan

Frisky Trisky

• Members
  • 30,014 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:15 PM

Oh, I get it I guess.  I just have lost pretty much all faith that, even when that farm system starts producing, that the Cubs will be able to take advantage of it. 

Case in point. 

I refuse to let your plucky can do attitude that is mocking my faith deter me from believing that all will be right with the Cubs world. :P

If you guys ever won something, would you even know how to react?  How strange would it feel?  I'm sure that there must be some literature on how victims of Stockholme Syndrome deal with the new realities of their freedom somewhere, and perhaps that would be instructive as a way to prepare should you ever come close to victory?*

*I hope you bastards know that I love you and don't mean this harshly

Reply to this topic