MLB 2014: Tanaka is a bust!

Myshkin

A trade in which the A's are the buyers.

Welcome to Bizarro World Baseball.

That is truly bizarre. First time this has occurred under this ownership group, I believe. I have to wonder whether or not this is tied to a possible power move in terms of either forcing Oakland to build a new stadium or attracting another community for a move.

If you guys want to talk about getting shafted, Kyle Seager and Ian Kinsler both weren't even replacements (to start today anyway, Seager was just named a replacement to replace Encarnacion). They are, respectively, the 7th and 4th best position players in the AL in terms of WAR. Those are to pretty egregious (initially anyway) snubs.

You shut your filthy mouth! Beckett will be back and stronger than ever!!

And I'm sure his work ethic and performance will remain at peak levels even after he gets his contract extension...

Refresh my memory, it's been a while -- are there any KFCs near Dodger Stadium?

Tanaka getting an MRI on his arm. What the fuck! After losing Jose Fernandez, I'm not too sure my fantasy teams can handle a blow like this...oh and I'm worried about his health and Yanks of course.

ETA: Put on the DL. This year is a disaster.

I hate the Yankees. All know this. And therefore I hate Tanaka. But I hate to see such a promising start get cut short by an injury. Hope it's nothing serious. And that he royally sucks when he gets back for no reason whatsoever, and just sucks as long as he is wearing pinstripes.

I didn't even see this...you cold-hearted bastard!! I would never chuckle at a Red Sox player being injured or wish any of them would fall off a bridge(schilling, lackey, varitek, papelbon, pedro, beckett). God I hate Schilling.

If you guys ever won something, would you even know how to react? How strange would it feel? I'm sure that there must be some literature on how victims of Stockholme Syndrome deal with the new realities of their freedom somewhere, and perhaps that would be instructive as a way to prepare should you ever come close to victory?*

I don't know if I'll start screaming and going nuts or just sit in shock for the next couple hours.

The city will explode.

Nah, that's going to far. I wouldn't doubt if parts of it do burn though.

Archived