Favorite Sammich?

Nox Irradiata

Maybe not the best but damn tasty. My leftover sandwich.

Whole grain brown bread. Spear with roast garlic. Roughly mashed avocado with sweet paprika and lemon juice. Rare roast beef. Red onion marmalade. The garlic was the only thing I had to cook. Frugal (as everything had been cooked or bought during the week bar the bread) and delicious.

Well, if I didn't already dislike you very, very much, this seals the deal.

:laugh:

When a complete douche bag troll hates you, you know you're doing something right.

Keep on suggesting that a nonathletic, undersized 12 year old should start weight lifting. Because that's prudent advice.....

Many of these sound pretty appealing, but if I had to choose so far I'd go with Dracarya's as the overall winner with Howdy's sounding like something to try for a good outside-the-box option.

QA'sLC - Yours was on track, but cran-anything is a dealbreaker for me. Wouldn't even date a woman that ate cranberries.*

*not entirely serious

I've never won anything before. I'm honoured.

The shop is awesome. It's called Chilli Banana, and does so many beautiful sandwiches, but the Texas Chainsaw is my favourite. Plus they sell these weird fruit drinks, Schnapple, which are lush. Never seen them anywhere before, uncultured swine that I am.

Eta: Wetherspoons does a pulled pork sandwich, but I've never had it. Sounds delicious though.

there some classics that i love:

montreal smoked meat

banh mi

muffaletta

fried bologna

egg salad

but if i can toot my own horn the blt on my lunch menu is epic. my own thick sliced maple bacon, garlic aioli, shredded lettuce, tomato jam and fried pickled green tomatoes on rustic wheat bread.

i love sandwiches. they are the ultimate in convenience. you just grab a bun or some bread put some things on it and have a meal you can carry. however since i stopped eating bread products for the most part i don't eat sandwiches as i once did.

My recent favorite is duck confit, cabbage, brie and dijon on french bread, served hot with a cold saison.

Nutella, banana, and fluff (bacon optional, milk mandatory) is another rare but delicious treat.

Most of the time though, if I make a sandwich it's either an egg and cheese for breakfast, or a roast beef, tomato and lettuce with a touch of mayo or mustard for lunch.

edit: dill pickle mandatory on the roast beef.

The local butchers does roast beef sandwiches, I discovered to my delight during my first year at uni. This thread has reminded me to have one before I move away.

My boyfriend and I love buying an already roasted chicken from the supermarket, and packing it into crusty rolls, with mayo, lettuce, cucumber for me and tomatoes for him.

I have two.

one; rye, montreal smoked meat, slightly melted swiss cheese, real mustard. Served with a pickle (my cousin who works at Schwartz' deli would kill me for putting on the cheese, but fuck him. sandwiches require cheese).

two; italian roll, calabrese salami, provolone cheese, spinach, pickled red onion, dijon, wine vinagrette,

I have two.

One; rye, montreal smoked meat, slightly melted swiss cheese, real mustard. (My cousin who works at Schwartz' deli would kill me for putting on the cheese, but fuck him. Sandwiches require cheese).

Two; italian roll, calabrese salami, provolone cheese, spinach, pickled red onion, dijon, wine vinagrette,

Yeah, fuck him!

Archived