Board Issues 4

Angalin

I realise that you know the board is having issues now Ran, but in case this helps theobly issues I am having now is accessing search, my content etc. Says something about a sphinx.

Just in case it helps

I get the same

[#10182] Search is not available as the Sphinx API is not available, please contact an administrator about this issue

I've never collected so many errors ;)

I think I will start collecting them as hobby ;) as far I have:

From Forum: 501, 524, 503, 504 , 505

From Wiki: 500

from polish StarWars forum ( when Star Wars episode 7 was announced strange things happend for two weeks):

500, 501, 502, 503 504, 506, 507

I want to get 418 ! "I'm a teapot" :)

I've made some changes to the backend to hopefully alleviate a little stress. We'll see what happens; I'm stuck at work, so I'm keeping only half an eye on things, and it will probably take about 15 minutes-ish from this to settle down after the changes I made. We'll see if it improves anything.

I've made some changes to the backend to hopefully alleviate a little stress. We'll see what happens; I'm stuck at work, so I'm keeping only half an eye on things, and it will probably take about 15 minutes-ish from this to settle down after the changes I made. We'll see if it improves anything.

Yo, Sparks, thanks for all your work!! Sending you heaps of patience for the onslaught when the new season starts.

Howling Mad,

That issue should be gone now -- were you really still having it when you posted? Because we swapped out the serving ad network a few hours earlier than that, and so far as we can see that should resolve the issue.

When I try to check the "my content" link or use the search function, I get the following error message:

Search is not available as the Sphinx API is not available, please contact an administrator about this issue

Need Help?

When I try to use the link to contact the administrator, I get a request to sign into Yahoo e-mail. Is this just some phishing scheme trying to get my Yahoo login, or is it real? Is there a problem with the site involving this Sphinx API, or is it just me?

Edit: Sorry, I see this is a current topic here! I tried to search on Sphinx API but couldn't conduct the search! Thanks for your good work.

Edited by Seams

Tapatalk error: Tapatalk hook was disabled in this forum. Is this an accident or deliberate? I see that the board is having problems (I've been oblivious, as I use this forum app). Is Tapatalk no longer going to be supported?

I had the same problem, and found a post where Ran stated it's disabled for now and he's communicating with Tapatalk to get it resolved. Will link the post if and when I find it, search is disabled for now as well.

Edit: Found Ran's post in the Tapatalk issues thread.

Yes. At the moment we've disabled Tapatalk to try and verify that it isn't part of the issues we're having with the forum presently. We hope to have ti back up soon, but are awaiting word from Tapatalk support.

Edited by Duchess of Spork

I had the same problem, and found a post where Ran stated it's disabled for now and he's communicating with Tapatalk to get it resolved. Will link the post if and when I find it, search is disabled for now as well.

Edit: Found Ran's post in the Tapatalk issues thread.

Thanks! I missed that there was a separate Tapatalk thread. Will check it out. :cheers: