Littlefinger caused the war.

JonGreen

Not sure if this has been discussed or if it is widely known however it makes sense to me that Littlefinger caused the downfall of aerys, rhaegar and the Starks.

Brandon stark was misinformed that rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna. Who benefits from this misinformation? LF... He gets revenge on the man that humiliated him and scared him for life.

Who convinces aerys to open the city gates to the lannisters?

Your thoughts and will this be unveiled in WoW?

Brandon stark was misinformed that rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna. Who benefits from this misinformation? LF... He gets revenge on the man that humiliated him and scared him for life.

I've seen it discussed a bit in the general forum. I don't buy it for a number reasons among which is why would Brandon care about (or even open) anything Littlefinger sent to him at a time that if I recall correctly was at most a few months after their duel.

Who convinces aerys to open the city gates to the lannisters?

Pycelle did because he's been a Lannister toady for years.

I've seen it discussed a bit in the general forum. I don't buy it for a number reasons among which is why would Brandon care about (or even open) anything Littlefinger sent to him at a time that if I recall correctly was at most a few months after their duel.

Pycelle did because he's been a Lannister toady for years.

Littlefinger did not cause the downfall of the Targaryan's, they caused it themselves.

What Littlefinger did have a hand in causing was Ned Starks beheading and the War of Five Kings. I also wouldn't be surprised if he knew about Aegon, or had a contingency plan for Daenaerys.

Littlefinger was just a teenager who'd recently been sent home to the Fingers in disgrace by Hoster Tully after his shenanigans with Brandon Stark at Riverrun.

He was isolated and disgraced, and there's no evidence that at that point he'd even been to Kings Landing before, much less having friends there with enough influence to help him bring down the realm.

The amount of influence he has for a lesser Lord already stretches the limits of one's imagination as it is without re-writing his resume.

many behind the scene character knew that Rob B.'s children were not his. Litterfinger was the one who convinced Lysa Arryn to kill her husband and to blame it on the Lannisters, that reopen the old beef between the Starks and Lannisters. That convined Ned to go to King's Landing and find that info out himself. being the Honorable man he was he had to expose the truth, but he didn't get very far. the rest are dominoes.

• 2 weeks later...

Littlefinger was just a teenager who'd recently been sent home to the Fingers in disgrace by Hoster Tully after his shenanigans with Brandon Stark at Riverrun.

He was isolated and disgraced, and there's no evidence that at that point he'd even been to Kings Landing before, much less having friends there with enough influence to help him bring down the realm.

The amount of influence he has for a lesser Lord already stretches the limits of one's imagination as it is without re-writing his resume.

Yeah. Can't exclude something like LF accidentally triggering some events in Robert's Rebellion, but I wouldn't credit him with causing or designing the whole thing. Unlike the War of the Five Kings, which was his own making. Well, instigation more than making, but instigation was all it took.

He wasn't even behind the current war: he tried to urge Ned to support Joffrey (or at least Renly). Cat started the conflict by capturing Tyrion (based on Petyr's lies, but Petyr could never have anticipated they'd bump into each other like they did, nor that Cat would act so rashly). Ned then dropped the ball by warning Cersei about what he knew before telling Robert, and Joffrey excacerbated it by beheading Ned.

Archived