272 replies to this topic

#1 Ser Jonny Loker

Ser Jonny Loker

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:07 PM

It's exciting to see Theon being himself again to a certain degree, and pulling such a ballsy move in ADWD. What's next? Will he get his revenge on Ramsay?

#2 Leap

Leap

Social Justice Prole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:08 PM

Execution in front of Winterfell's heart tree. Jon is resurrected via Bran!

#3 Jon of the (Evil) Dead

Jon of the (Evil) Dead

Up-jumped Schemer

• Members
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

And then I burn my books in front of a heart tree

#4 Ser Jonny Loker

Ser Jonny Loker

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Execution? Seems a little blunt for GRRM. I think he still has a role to play. And that was a hell of a spoiler.

Edited by Ser Jonny Loker, 07 July 2014 - 12:12 PM.

#5 Ser Jonny Loker

Ser Jonny Loker

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Are you a Theon fanboy?

#6 Jon of the (Evil) Dead

Jon of the (Evil) Dead

Up-jumped Schemer

• Members
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:19 PM

Are you a Theon fanboy?

I just think Martin shouldn't sacrifice his best written, most original character to resurrect his dullest one

#7 Leap

Leap

Social Justice Prole

• Members
  • 3,217 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:19 PM

Execution? Seems a little blunt for GRRM. I think he still has a role to play. And that was a hell of a spoiler.

A little blunt for GRRM? In what way?

How was it a spoiler?

#8 Ser Jonny Loker

Ser Jonny Loker

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:23 PM

A little blunt for GRRM? In what way?

How was it a spoiler?

I'm talking about your spoiler tab. 

#9 Ser Jonny Loker

Ser Jonny Loker

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

I just think Martin shouldn't sacrifice his best written, most original character to resurrect his dullest one

What? Jon Snow the dullest? No. But Theon is a powerful character to let go to waste.

#10 Leap

Leap

Social Justice Prole

• Members
  • 3,217 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:26 PM

I'm talking about your spoiler tab. 

Oh there are no spoilers there, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has been out for decades! :P

And regarding it being too blunt for GRRM... you realise of course that we have precedent for an execution giving birth to what does not live?

#11 northernmonkey

northernmonkey

Yorkshire Ambassador

• Members
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:07 PM

I think Stannis will allow him to take the black. 

#12 The Sullen Sellsword

The Sullen Sellsword

Drowned Man

• Members
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:09 PM

Word.

Also, he'll possibly become King. "No Godless Man Shall Sit the Seastone Chair", and "Theon" means "Godly".

#13 Damp Hair - The Prophet

Damp Hair - The Prophet

Noble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

He'll get taken out to the Island w/ the weirwood tree for an "execution" as Bran is suggesting/influencing, but Ramsay in the Bolton/Frey vanguard will see him out there and not able to resist will go for him & w/ Maderly men bringing up the rear, they will be driven forward & fall through the ice & DROWN in the lake while Theon watches.  

He will inevitably become King of the Iron Islands after Damphair raises a smallfolk  insurrection do displace Crowseye.  Theon will rule & reconcile the IronIslands w/ the North/greenland & his sister YarAsha wil rule by his side & whatever strong lord impregnates her, that kid will be the heir to the Seastone chair after Theon passes (balls unnecessarily)  . Ironborn will give mad props to Theon for not dying after all he's been through.

Theon won't die in the books but in the book 7 epilogue maybe, not living into too old an age b/c of his health problems.  Also he will relearn archery.  Theon is the Snape of ASOIAF series.  He's a gift of a character.  People are letting their Stark centric lens & two stoopid burnt farm boys cloud their thinking on how awesome a literary character Theon is .

Edited by Damp Hair - The Prophet, 07 July 2014 - 01:39 PM.

#14 Edmure's Floppy Fish

Edmure's Floppy Fish

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

He'll get taken out to the Island w/ the weirwood tree for an "execution" as Bran is suggesting/influencing, but Ramsay in the Bolton/Frey vanguard will see him out there and not able to resist will go for him & w/ Maderly men bringing up the rear, they will be driven forward & fall through the ice & DROWN in the lake while Theon watches.  

He will inevitably become King of the Iron Islands after Damphair raises a smallfolk  insurrection do displace Crowseye.  Theon will rule & reconcile the IronIslands w/ the North/greenland & his sister YarAsha wil rule by his side & whatever strong lord impregnates her, that kid will be the heir to the Seastone chair after Theon passes (balls unnecessarily)  . Ironborn will give mad props to Theon for not dying after all he's been through.

Theon won't die in the books but in the book 7 epilogue maybe, not living into too old an age b/c of his health problems.  Also he will relearn archery.  Theon is the Snape of ASOIAF series.  He's a gift of a character.  People are letting their Stark centric lens & two stoopid burnt farm boys cloud their thinking on how awesome a literary character Theon is .

Disregard! I'm a dumb farm boy!

Edited by Edmure's Floppy Fish, 07 July 2014 - 02:21 PM.

#15 Leonardo

Leonardo

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

Ok, you can give Theon his member back now! I have enjoyed reading his POV's but the Starks are the main characters for the most part and all the farm boys and girls have a right to cheer for them. So get off your pretentious literary high horse and let everyone enjoy the story how they see fit instead of bashing them for cheering for a a character. As you were!

by farm boys he meant the two children Theon had murdered and probably burned alive to cover his own ass, one of whom was possibly his own blood.

Yeah, Theon's a GRATE CHARAKTER

#16 Edmure's Floppy Fish

Edmure's Floppy Fish

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:16 PM

by farm boys he meant the two children Theon had murdered and probably burned alive to cover his own ass, one of whom was possibly his own blood.

Yeah, Theon's a GRATE CHARAKTER

I stand corrected!

#17 ghosts in winterfell

ghosts in winterfell

Council Member

• Members
  • 963 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:21 PM

Mte lol. His character has gone through far too much and is far too useful to go out like that.

Anyway, I'm not so sure I would label what I want to happen to Ramsay as "revenge", but I would like to see him find some sort of closure in either killing that monster himself or playing some role in his demise.

#18 Lord Lothston

Lord Lothston

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

He will get a trial by combat at the tree.

He will fight the GiantSlayer and easily win.

#19 mb2518

mb2518

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

Not children.

#20 Damp Hair - The Prophet

Damp Hair - The Prophet

Noble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:51 PM

^Not of his body, but he will through YarAsha's still functioning reproductive organs.  They'll be his heirs & whomever knocks up his sis will be his ally.