What happens next with Theon?

Ser Jonny Loker

In my opinion Theon won't ever released, because he hasn't enough bravery for rebel to Ramsey. he won't have any revenge

I sincerely hope you're a troll. If you're not, GTFO this feed, because you obviously haven't read and this is an ASOIAF thread. Good day.

I think that we have been as conditioned as Theon about "he won't take it from me unless I ask for it." So, I think that Theon will want to redeem himself and "pay for life with death" for Jon Snow. Is that tin foil? :)

Not tinfoil, but it is a pretty recycled theory. (Namely, in this thread),

What is with this persistent theory that Theon will willingly die for Jon Snow. That he'll be sacrificed in front of the wierwood tree outside Winterfell and this will somehow resurrect Jon Snow at castle black? I just can't understand this. Jon & Theon don't even like each other very much. The feeling is mutual. Theon pulling a Snape like redemptive arc / sacrifice is not far fetched but the above theory is completely clownshoes.

The only persons Theon could get redemption from are the miller and his wife. And I somehow don't see them being important enough to ever be mentioned again.

So any theory that Theon is sacrificed or otherwise dies for "redemption" is pretty out there.

We're sure the wife is dead.

"The night before, it had been the miler's wife. Theon had forgotten her name, but he remembered her body, soft pillowy breasts and stretch marks on her belly, the way she clawed his back when he fucked her. Last night in the dream he had been in bed with her once again, but this time she had teeth above and below, and she tore out his throat even as she was gnawing off his manhood. It was madness. He's seen her die too. Gelmarr had cut her down with one blow of his axe as she cried to Theon for mercy. Leave me, woman. It was him who killed you, not me. And he's dead as well. At least Gelmarr did not haunt Theon's sleep."

If she's dead, I'm pretty sure the miller is dead too. Everybody was killed to remove any witness from betraying the secret that the two boys perpurted to be Bran and Rickon weren't really the Stark boys.

If the letter is real, it means Theon escaped somehow. Otherwise Ramsay wouldn't have included him among the hostages he demanded.

I like totally missed that on first read! Thanks for the point out. Looks like I lost my bet. Looks like Theon may survive the battle at the Frozen Lake. Or Ramsay is just making a demand he knows Jon can't keep. Seven days does seem like a very long time. Stannis is only three days out from Winterfall. If Stannis moves steadily forward, while driving Ramsay's advance party back, he could still make it to Winterfall in that time frame. Unless Stannis breaks the couldron and is dogged by Ramsay all the way to Winterfall. Whichever the case, it's long time and alot of action for a single POV chapter. We may even get some more one time POV's like we did with Merrit Frey and Varamyr.

Spoiler
In the Theon chapter released from the next book, Stannis wants to sacrifice Theon to the fire as the true king of the Iron Islands. Asha requests Stannis kill Theon on an island in the middle of the frozen lake under the weirwood tree that grows there in the tradition of the old gods. She could be laying a trap to rescue Theon. He must end up travelling to the Wall with her and her men. It must be her plan to absolve Theon of his crime of usurping Winterfell by having him join the NW. This way, the men of the North will have no right to demand his death. She won't be thinking of making him king of the Iron Islands because Euron legally attained the title at the kingsmoot. If Damphair wants to sow rebellion in the isles, he'll look like a fool and a hypocrite since it was his idea for the kingsmoot in the first place. He even laid the crown on Euron's head. I wonder how Snow would react if he ever finds out Theon joined the NW? Theon has killed nearly all he houseold staff and Snow beieves he killed his little brothers. Theon would have to be in pretty rough shape to be unable to refuse the plan. He must believe Jon will kill him if he ever sees him again.

Spoiler
In the Theon chapter released from the next book, Stannis wants to sacrifice Theon to the fire as the true king of the Iron Islands. Asha requests Stannis kill Theon on an island in the middle of the frozen lake under the weirwood tree that grows there in the tradition of the old gods. She could be laying a trap to rescue Theon. He must end up travelling to the Wall with her and her men. It must be her plan to absolve Theon of his crime of usurping Winterfell by having him join the NW. This way, the men of the North will have no right to demand his death. She won't be thinking of making him king of the Iron Islands because Euron legally attained the title at the kingsmoot. If Damphair wants to sow rebellion in the isles, he'll look like a fool and a hypocrite since it was his idea for the kingsmoot in the first place. He even laid the crown on Euron's head. I wonder how Snow would react if he ever finds out Theon joined the NW? Theon has killed nearly all he houseold staff and Snow beieves he killed his little brothers. Theon would have to be in pretty rough shape to be unable to refuse the plan. He must believe Jon will kill him if he ever sees him again.

Yeah, I feel like a lot of people didn't bother to read it.

What is with this persistent theory that Theon will willingly die for Jon Snow. That he'll be sacrificed in front of the wierwood tree outside Winterfell and this will somehow resurrect Jon Snow at castle black? I just can't understand this. Jon & Theon don't even like each other very much. The feeling is mutual. Theon pulling a Snape like redemptive arc / sacrifice is not far fetched but the above theory is completely clownshoes.

The reason why I mentioned that is because Theon is a man without a home. He loved WF and the Starks. Crazier things have happened for love. No?

He'll get taken out to the Island w/ the weirwood tree for an "execution" as Bran is suggesting/influencing, but Ramsay in the Bolton/Frey vanguard will see him out there and not able to resist will go for him & w/ Maderly men bringing up the rear, they will be driven forward & fall through the ice & DROWN in the lake while Theon watches.

He will inevitably become King of the Iron Islands after Damphair raises a smallfolk insurrection do displace Crowseye. Theon will rule & reconcile the IronIslands w/ the North/greenland & his sister YarAsha wil rule by his side & whatever strong lord impregnates her, that kid will be the heir to the Seastone chair after Theon passes (balls unnecessarily) . Ironborn will give mad props to Theon for not dying after all he's been through.

Theon won't die in the books but in the book 7 epilogue maybe, not living into too old an age b/c of his health problems. Also he will relearn archery. Theon is the Snape of ASOIAF series. He's a gift of a character. People are letting their Stark centric lens & two stoopid burnt farm boys cloud their thinking on how awesome a literary character Theon is .

It seems you've given this some thought.

I sincerely hope you're a troll. If you're not, GTFO this feed, because you obviously haven't read and this is an ASOIAF thread. Good day.

Just because he expresses an unpopular opinion doesn't mean you can cast him down as a troll. I, for one, share his opinion. Others have discussed it as well. It's Stockholm syndrome when you learn to sympathize with your captor.

She won't be thinking of making him king of the Iron Islands because Euron legally attained the title at the kingsmoot.

This bit is wrong. She already has been thinking of Torgon the latecomer and his precedent. Which would overturn any decision made at Kingsmoot.

Torgon the late comer wiped out everyone at the last kingsmoot being the only one left to wear the crown. That was ancient history. It was a move everyone feared Euron was powerful enough and ruthless enough of doing. But it turned out, he didn't need to stoop so low for he won it fair and square. Even Asha must respect that.

Archived