Diplomacy Sign-Ups!

Nox Irradiata

I imagine it'd be very, very challenging to master though?

To host? Probably.

It will most likely require me and Leo (or maybe even Nox, too) as co-Gamemasters. Which is sad, because we will all want to play in such an awesome edition. :D

I imagine it'd be very, very challenging to master though?

Well one of my original plans for the game was to create a program to automate a lot of the game - all of it if possible, but I never quite got around to it hehe

If you call getting frustrated after 5 minutes of working with compilers and "learn java in 22 days" a lack of assets then yes hehe. I'm pretty good with computers, my pops is a damn good computer programmer so I can build em and break em down, but I don't have the flair for it like he does at all. I know a lot more than most regular folk about programming so I could give a very clear idea of what I want and how to most easily present it to a programmer willing to give it a shot, but me trying on my own has yielded no results.

The closest I got was a gaming engine called Vassal, but my big idea is to make a browser client for it and run a server to let people host their own instances of the game, kind of like what throne master.net does with the board game.

Vassal is a good one as well, but when I explained my situation to the consult forums they've got they said it may be a bit too complex considering it requires both graphics and its own server (which would be the easy part to provide as I have the equipment)

The map being interactive would be key to keeping it from being wordy; not totally interactive, but each region would have a number of entries and specific details. Designing the interface from scratch might prove easier and more flexible later. I also pondered creating a tool for the GMs to make it all easier to host as well.

• 1 month later...

Is it too late to sign up? This looks like a metric arse ton of fun!

Boy, did you come right on time. :D

You are late for this game, because we just finished it.

However, you're just in time for the next one, the sign-ups for which should start soon.

Nog, PM me with the next Diplomacy game. This one slipped right by me.

Can I join?

Hey, I want to join next game too.

If you run short, let me know. I'll probably be unreliable as a player with my hectic/crazy summer-life, but I can fill in if you're short a player. School doesn't start here til early September and I'll be in better shape for this then.

I'm quoting everyone who showed interest in playing, but didn't catch the last game.

The sign ups for the next game started - you can find the thread here.

Archived