Diplomacy Sign-Ups!

Nox Irradiata

I think any character you create and list as part of your house (whether it's a blood relative or a non-related castellan or something) should count towards your lord's age. Otherwise, you end up with a bunch of freebie playable characters.

The wife of your Lord and her siblings/parents/uncles can't really inherit anything though. So I don't think it's fair to add them to his age.

Now, if you're going as far as saying that his wife is actually his third cousin, then yes, she should count. But I haven't seen anyone go into that much detail so far.

Edit: With Flashheart we have 14 players now. A couple more and we can start.

Meanwhile, here's the map with the starting sets of 3 regions. They are 19, but we can add a 20th if the need arises (I'm thinking about separating those two small islands from Lockport and grouping them with Wrathrock).

Note that Kingsgrave is now accessible only from the Prince's Pass, and closed off from Yronwood.

Edit2: Obviously, the colors are negotiable. :D Once you get your starting point, you can tell me what color to change your regions to.

Edit 3: Also, I would suggest that players start thinking about their Houses' details - name, members, banner. Here's what a House creation post looks like. The traits can be selected after the regions draw.

What about the Shield Islands? I thought we agreed that nobody gets to start on an island...

Yes, but I figured the short term advantages and disadvantages for starting on islands would neatly balance each other. See, I didn't identify the problem properly. The problem was that a player that starts from both islands AND a mainland territory has an unfair advantage - he has the initial security of the islands as resource centers, combined with the opportunity to raise troops on the mainland - with which he/she can protect any colonization efforts there.

A player that starts on all-islands, however, can't really protect any initial colonization efforts on the mainland. He/She can colonize a mainland region, but he can't raise troops to defend it until it activates 5 turns later. He also can't attack any of his neighbours until he builds a port - and vice versa.

I try to leave westeros, and I forgot to turn off the stove.

I'm in!

Welcome on board! :)

This game is mostly played via the Personal Message (PM) system of the forum and in order to have access to it, you gotta have at least 1 post. The posts in Forum Games don't count, so I suggest you go to one of the other forum sections and post there.

Welcome on board! :)

This game is mostly played via the Personal Message (PM) system of the forum and in order to have access to it, you gotta have at least 1 post. The posts in Forum Games don't count, so I suggest you go to one of the other forum sections and post there.

Thanks dude

14 people, woo! Maybe we'll get to start this week. I have another casualty related question. I take 1500 men to attack a garrison of 500. My friend brings another 500. Will the armies combine so that neither takes casualties, or will each army still take half casualties?

The rule is that you have to outnumber the enemy more than 4:1.

So, 2000 vs 500 - 50% casualties.

2500 vs 500 - no casualties.

There are certain loopholes. For example, since the smallest unit is 500 men, if two armies of this size meet, they will both get killed - simply because taking half casualties and rounding them down to the nearest 500 would result in 0.

So, in the case you described, your combined armies will take 1000 men casualties. How they will be proportioned depends on me, really. Under normal circumstances, I will treat them as two different armies - so the guy with the 1500 will lose a 1000 and both will end up with 500.

Leo, what is your opinion on the matter?

That's what I would do, give each army a minimum of 500 when dishing casualties, so if someone sends 2500 men and another sends 500, the larger army takes the casualties

And yes, the two armies can combine and attack provided you have an Open Borders Agreement

And yes, the two armies can combine and attack provided you have an Open Borders Agreement

We should probably rename that to Non-Attack Treaty (NAT) - seeing how it has nothing to do with territories and all to do with armies. :D

Pink Viper from last game is having trouble with recovering the password to his account, but hopefully he will get that sorted out or just make a new account or something. I added him to the updated sign-up list, so our total is 16 players for now.

Also, Nog, I'd love to have something like this color for my starting regions when you assign them to us. Thanks. :)

Pink Viper from last game is having trouble with recovering the password to his account, but hopefully he will get that sorted out or just make a new account or something. I added him to the updated sign-up list, so our total is 16 players for now.

No Fae this time around?

Archived